Celtics

I will say, the 80’s and 90’s were rough as Boston sports fan. The 80’s Celtics were really the only highlight.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
The 80s and 90s were pretty good. But not compared to 2001 to 2017. The bruins were in the cup finals a couple of times. and the pats went to two super bowls. and the sox choked in 86.

Very good points and I was going to mention the college thing in my post. The rooting for each other seems real and genuine and again, not something seen in other cities. I think Bill has been excellent in this regard. The friendship he's shown to Doc Rivers and other Boston coaches has been a great credit to him. He genuinely roots for the other Boston teams.
He absolutely does. Every manager and coach has been the recipient of outreach from Bill. And everyone says it's genuine, reciprocal and long-lasting.

I need to see them against a team that's not laying down, I guess. That said, who knows how long the Bucks will be without Middleton, so I guess that leaves Miami? I'm trying to temper expectations, and am hoping the players really are playing into the one-game-at-at-time mindset, or so they say. I think how they close this series out will tell me quite a bit.

If I'm another team in the NBA though, I do not want to play the Celtics right now. Tatum aside, Brown's been owning in big stretches of 4th quarter play, bullying drives to the bucket, just soul-crushing the other team.

I am excited, I'm just tempering things in case they go down 0-2 to Miami or something, I suppose.

Durant took 1 shot in the 4th quarter last night. Sure, a lot of it is defense, and Durant is definitely guessing out there, but Kyrie Irving has been shook since Game 1, and he's cashed out on the series, and they don't have anything resembling a coach, so there's nothing to counter that. The Corpse of Blake Griffin was the best player on the floor for them in the 4th last night.
Yeah Middleton being out really hurts, he's that perfect compliment to Giannis, and a Celtic killer. As long as Giannis is healthy though they're still dangerous, he's an amazing athlete and player, and they're still a good team. Embiid is injured so the 76ers are pretty much done, and never really worried about them anyway. Miami definitely worries me the most. The best way to beat the C's defense or any defense really is by consistently moving the ball which Miami does very well, you can't key in on 1 or 2 players.

Do I think the Sun's lose their opening series? No. But I will still chortle with glee if it happens.

Since I see some LB love I will share this. I been meaning to share this but just kept forgetting.

This is the title of the article:

Larry Bird Was So Good In College, His Coach Had To Sit Him So He Wouldn't Demoralize The Starters By Beating Them In Practice​

Larry Bird

Yeah Middleton being out really hurts, he's that perfect compliment to Giannis, and a Celtic killer. As long as Giannis is healthy though they're still dangerous, he's an amazing athlete and player, and they're still a good team. Embiid is injured so the 76ers are pretty much done, and never really worried about them anyway. Miami definitely worries me the most. The best way to beat the C's defense or any defense really is by consistently moving the ball which Miami does very well, you can't key in on 1 or 2 players.
I think the Miami series would be a really good one, but I think the Celtics finally have the firepower to outlast them in 7, especially now that they have shooters like Pritchard, which is something they've lacked over the last few seasons (pure shooters that is).

I’m currently in Atlanta airport waiting on a flight to Dallas and the game is on in one of the bars here. Go Celtics! 50-46 to the Celtics so far.

grant williams knocking down three after three.
I'm glad someone encouraged him to shoot more 3s. Percentage-wise, he's one of the best on the team, believe it or not.

He could turn into a real "3s and Ds" force in the league for a long time.

Lose this challenge and Tatum has 5 fouls. Funny. Scott Foster and all that.

Referees are doing a stand up job working for the Nets tonight

Back