Celtics

They've collectively played like crap so far, but it's how you finish. They can still pull it out but they have to pull their heads out of their butts first.
Brown is 2 for 11. With 5 TOs. brutal.

Bad and disappointing. But, I believe they'll be much better Tuesday and win. But, now the home court is gone.

I really thought they wouldn't collapse on Giannis so much and guard the perimeter more, but they chose to let them have wide open 3's. Interesting tactic, but the real issue was their offense. If they hit close to half of their open shots the game would have been tight. We'll see how much heart they have in game 2, but I think they will be fine, too early to panic.

Double-edged sword in this one is that the C's had a 2nd player shadowing Giannis (if not outright double-teaming him) and the Bucks were hitting their open look 3's in the first half.

Offensively, the C's could not drive the lane at all, and they were just flat out punched in the mouth. They'd better recover on Tuesday because they're not coming out of this series down 0-2.

For their sake, if they can come back with a W on Tuesday, they will have 3 days rest to heal up before game 3 on Saturday. Let's hope this resurgent season doesn't fizzle out in disappointing fashion.

I had to turn it off with about 10 minutes remaining in the 4th, with the way they were shooting the ball and the Bucks hitting their shots I knew it was over. Luckily they get the chance to redeem themselves tomorrow night.

Tatum and Brown, especially the latter, had off-games. It was as disappointing for sure. But, they're 4-1 in the playoffs which is pretty good. However, tomorrow is pretty much a must-win. If they get that one, I still think it'll very likely go 7. But, if they lose tomorrow I think they'll be in real trouble.

As pundits have been saying, the Bucks ain't the Nets. Giannis is not Kevin Durant, he's a physical monster.

As pundits have been saying, the Bucks ain't the Nets. Giannis is not Kevin Durant, he's a physical monster.
He's one of the best players I've ever seen and I go back a long way. He's als hard to dislike which I find problematic in that I love hating every opponent. I'm guessing by game 3 I'll hate him, at least until the series is over. With all that being said, the refs do allow him a lot of latitude when it comes to just bowling people over in the lane when he's driving...

Last edited:
He's one of the best players I've ever seen and I go back a long way. He's als hard d to dislike which I find problematic in that I love hating every opponent.
You said it perfectly. It literally takes a match-up vs. the Celtics for me to want to root against this guy.

I think this was the worst paint shooting game by a Celtics team in the last 25 years.

Giannis maybe making a point about how he good he is as a (snubbed) DPOY candidate.

Last edited:
And the concern for me was Giannis wasn’t even that good in the 1st quarter. He missed a LOT of shots he should have made in his sleep. The Celtics had their wake up call, they will need to go ultra physical now and try and match them at least because if they lose that physicality battle, they’re toast.

Last edited:
And the concern for me was Giannis wasn’t even that good in the 1st quarter. He missed a LOT of shots he should have made in his sleep. The Celtics had their wake up call, they will need to go ultra physical now and try and match them at lease because if they lose that physicality battle, they’re toast.
plus he got into foul trouble and when he went out the Celtics were down 8. and once he got back in I think they still had that same lead

He's one of the best players I've ever seen and I go back a long way. He's als hard to dislike which I find problematic in that I love hating every opponent. I'm guessing by game 3 I'll hate him, at least until the series is over. With all that being said, the refs do allow him a lot of latitude when it comes to just bowling people over in the lane when he's driving...

You're right about him, he's a fabulous player and very hard not to like. But you're also right in that he seems to go barrelling through traffic like a running back and yet never gets called. The Celtics should be talking about this in the media and try and put a bit of pressure on the officials. It's good practice.

You're right about him, he's a fabulous player and very hard not to like. But you're also right in that he seems to go barrelling through traffic like a running back and yet never gets called. The Celtics should be talking about this in the media and try and put a bit of pressure on the officials. It's good practice.
Agreed. If this happened to be Nick Nurse and the Raptors, he'd have billboards all over the Expressway and nocturnal radio speakers preaching in the refs' hotel rooms all night.

I remember Giannis' rookie year, he went for a poster dunk from way out and Horford so nuh-uh, met him in the air, got the foul but saved the big dunk. Anyway, Horford who is plenty strong got the wind knocked out of him big time, and I wasn't sure he'd be able to stay in the game. That was his rookie year, he's much much stronger now, the dude is a friggin' freight train. Very Lebron like where most players do not want to get in front of him when he has a head of steam. There's pain, then there's life flashing before your eyes.

On the pregame show, Giles just said before Smart was ruled out, the Celtics were favored tonight by 5. Now, it's down to 4. Surprising to me that the line only changed by a point.

Back