Celtics

What a great pick up Derrick White was. He was superb in the lead up to half time I thought. Great player.
He's played well defensively since his arrival, but I've felt until very recently that his offense has been disappointing, particularly his 3s. But, he's a good fit on this team and I think his actual offensive abilities are closer to what we've seen lately. It seemed to me early on that he was trying too hard at times and pressing.

I think the advantage the Celtics has is they have more players to who they can spread the load to. With the Bucks, you feel it's Giannis and Holliday and that's it. Boston has more good players spread through the team while not having someone as brilliant as Giannis, Boston seems a better 'team'.

Grant Williams needs to show up Sunday. And white needs to play like he did Friday.

Is anyone scared of top-seed Miami? For whatever reason, they just don't scare me. I think Boston matches up better with them than with the Bucks. I don't see that series going beyond 6, and 5 seems more likely.

Is anyone scared of top-seed Miami? For whatever reason, they just don't scare me. I think Boston matches up better with them than with the Bucks. I don't see that series going beyond 6, and 5 seems more likely.
I'm not scared of any team, but I'll be concerned with playing them. They deserve respect. Their coach is really good and they have clutch players who will not be intimidated by any situation. But, we still have to win tomorrow, first. Then I'll worry about Miami.

You wouldn't think so, but they actually play the Celtics really well.

Grant Williams needs to show up Sunday. And white needs to play like he did Friday.
No excuses if they lose this series. Krys Middleton played 0 minutes, and you're letting Pat Conoughton and Jrue Holliday destroy you, along with the Jordan-like dominance of Giannis.

This is going to sound negative, but this series should have been over a couple of games ago, but they can erase that criticism with a win in Game 7. If they blow this series, they're going to be rightly crucified for it, and real questions have to be asked about the future composition of the team.

No excuses if they lose this series. Krys Middleton played 0 minutes, and you're letting Pat Conoughton and Jrue Holliday destroy you, along with the Jordan-like dominance of Giannis.

This is going to sound negative, but this series should have been over a couple of games ago, but they can erase that criticism with a win in Game 7. If they blow this series, they're going to be rightly crucified for it, and real questions have to be asked about the future composition of the team.
It doesn't sound negative. And you're right. The series should be over. If they win. They redeem themselves. If they lose. They get hammered. As they should be. The two JJs have already gone to the eastern conference finals and lost. it's time to take the next step. There are no more moral victories.

Doesn't just sound negative, it is. Sounds like you're looking forward to that... And Pat C. hasn't "destroyed" anyone. He's averaging in this series less than 3 points per quarter.

Doesn't just sound negative, it is. Sounds like you're looking forward to that... And Pat C. hasn't "destroyed" anyone. He's averaging in this series less than 3 points per quarter.
It doesn't sound negative to me. He's just giving his opinion. And pat c has played really well for the bucks. He's hit timely threes. And plays a solid, reliable game.

Oh yes, that's exactly what I'm looking forward to, the team that I root for making no progress again for the 5th straight season.

12 PPG for a total scrub that averaged 7 in the regular season is unacceptable. 50% from 3 and 59% from the field, for a guy who is 36 and 44% for his career. That's getting destroyed, sorry.

Again, this gets wiped away with a win, and is a footnote, Should they lose however, this is a bigger collapse than the ECF a couple of years ago when they were up 3-1.

He's a journeyman with some offensive skills who is a defensive liability.
He's got one offensive skill, and he's not even particularly outstanding at it. And yet he's blowing by guys for layups yesterday.

he's knocking down threes on a regular basis.
I'm not criticizing him. I actually hope he does well when he's not playing against the Celtics. I took exception to the contention that he's "destroying" the Celtics. He isn't and I'm at a loss as to why anyone would continue to say he is. I've enjoyed your prior posts and I've liked Tommy's, also. Just disagreeing and I'm right on Pat C. I'm not always right on my other takes, but I'm right on this one.

Back