Celtics

They just don’t want it bad enough.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They just don’t want it bad enough.

They just don't know how to go about getting it. 13 turnovers and counting. Basically pissing their pants on national tv.

Last edited:
Embarrassing getting smoked on their home court.

It just doesn't feel like GS is worried about Celtic's. They are scoring against the D and the O has been too inept to keep up
fingers crossed the run in 3rd qtr might lead to something, but as I type this they haven't been able to score yet in 4th
(and a few stupid turnovers)

That's the game. Jaylen brown blows. God, I hope he's traded in the off season. 21 turnovers and counting. 5 each for brown and tatum. red is turning over in his grave. This team desperately needs a legit ball handling PG floor general like rondo. Somebody that can handle the rock. And knows how to run an NBA offense. Somebody with a high basketball IQ.

Last edited:
Here's my two cents. Terrible series. The Celts were a turnover machine. The passing was awful. Tatum became a shell of himself. It's almost like he was afraid in this series and didn't want to shoot the basketball. I guess you give the Warriors credit. They must have been playing some great D for what we saw. I am certainly not an Xs and Os basketball guy, I just have to judge it on what I saw on the tv.

All that being said, the Celts in the first half of the season were terrible. Never expected them to be here. It ended up being a great run that faltered at the end. But it was fun to watch for a bit.

The Celts did not lose due to officiating but the officiating was awful throughout the entire playoffs. The NBA needs to fix this but they won't so in the words of Bill Belichick, "It is what it is".

I have a confession to make. I’m about the biggest Boston everything fan. I’m about as dedicated when it comes to all sports. Football being my favorite of course, however hockey basketball and baseball right up there in my joys of life. When the Celtics lost Game four at home I knew they were gonna lose the series. The Celtics are very undisciplined basketball team. They have a lotta great athleticism and a good coach but if they’re gonna win the championship they gotta stop with the fucking turnovers. Have a good night folks. Better luck next year

Hard to believe that the team I watched the last two games made it to game 6 of the NBA finals. I agree with the two posts before me, you have to give GSW credit (though many of the C's offensive turnovers were unforced). It's hard to think of any finals team ever whose offense has looked that shambolic. They do need a floor general PG to give them some direction and maybe an offensive coordinator. Does Charlie Weis do basketball?

Damn, that was ugly. 22 turnovers, you'll lose everytime. How did we go from looking younger, hungrier, more aggressive to how we looked in the last 3 games?

The offense was woeful, Tatum looked spent. So disappointing.

They sunk! 🚤

They just didn't have enough killer instinct. A pity, because they had plenty of chances to win this thing but effed it up.

Never count out the old guys! Experience can beat talent.

Kinda knew they were doomed when they couldn't pull off a win in Game 5. 😠

Gee, and such nice weather for a 🦆 🛥️ parade, too.

So, that game was horrific. The team really is amazingly talented, but so undisciplined and immature. I agree that they need a floor general with crisp passing and high basketball IQ to direct traffic.

Still, all credit to GS, a flawed but worthy champion. They did all the right things to bait the Celtics into playing into their weaknesses, and executed nicely even in the face of poor shooting.

This was disappointing, but an exciting run that was a total bonus given expectations and where we were in the dead of winter. The core of the team (JT/JB/Williams/Smart) is locked up, there are interesting pieces and potential moves going forward, and our GM knows how to take advantage and has an unmatched feel for what's happening at court level.

On the downside, the East will continue to be a horrific gauntlet of pain. But iron strengthens iron.

Go C's!

The bench killed us. White and Pritchard together, awful. Both looked horrific.

Our bench was -64, GS bench was +41 in the 1st half. We started at 14-2! The fans carried the team to the early lead, the noise was unreal. And then.....it just collasped.

Obviously, the 3 point shooting wasn't what you want to see, but GS was so good at cutting off drives to the hoop, that they forced us outside.

I'd say our offense couldn't adjust to what they were doing defensively and we were out of ideas by early in this series. Tatum couldn't carry the load
because GS was waiting on exactly that and well prepared to harass him. They got in his head at times and he was unusually hesitant and it showed in his
shot selection. They couldn't stop him completely, but there were key moments when he just had nowhere to go with the ball.

For some reason, every time Jaylen Brown tried to take it to the hole, he'd lose his footing and then the ball. For such a superb athlete, the guy sure
did fall down an awful lot and it was driving me nuts. Maybe he should have changed shoes.

It reminded me of teams trying to beat the Pats when we were dominating. They were just more prepared and took away what we like to do best. In the
end, we had no answers for their team defense. On the other end, we had to put so much attention on Curry that Wiggins and co. had space to operate in
and killed us.

Great season and it was fun to watch hoops again for a while. No first-round pick, so we'll see what the offseason brings, but there shouldn't be any
shame in losing to the Warriors. We beat a lot of good teams, but they were simply better than us.

Lousy ending BUT a great, great season!

Back