Celtics

Three teams with two guys 24 or under to go to the finals in the history of the NBA. All lost in the finals. And never went back. Some of them went back with other teams.
Shaq and penny with the magic
Olajuwon and Sampson rockets
Westbrook and Durant thunder
Tatum and brown, Celtics. To be determined.

Last edited:
Obviously, the 3 point shooting wasn't what you want to see, but GS was so good at cutting off drives to the hoop, that they forced us outside.

I'd say our offense couldn't adjust to what they were doing defensively and we were out of ideas by early in this series. Tatum couldn't carry the load
because GS was waiting on exactly that and well prepared to harass him. They got in his head at times and he was unusually hesitant and it showed in his
shot selection. They couldn't stop him completely, but there were key moments when he just had nowhere to go with the ball.

For some reason, every time Jaylen Brown tried to take it to the hole, he'd lose his footing and then the ball. For such a superb athlete, the guy sure
did fall down an awful lot and it was driving me nuts. Maybe he should have changed shoes.

It reminded me of teams trying to beat the Pats when we were dominating. They were just more prepared and took away what we like to do best. In the
end, we had no answers for their team defense. On the other end, we had to put so much attention on Curry that Wiggins and co. had space to operate in
and killed us.

Great season and it was fun to watch hoops again for a while. No first-round pick, so we'll see what the offseason brings, but there shouldn't be any
shame in losing to the Warriors. We beat a lot of good teams, but they were simply better than us.
On having no answers for GS defense, do you blame that on coaching or skill level of the players?
Each turnover, lost ball looked like the prior one.
You just knew that when JT went on his solo dribbling sojurn that play was doomed.

On having no answers for GS defense, do you blame that on coaching or skill level of the players?
Each turnover, lost ball looked like the prior one.
You just knew that when JT went on his solo dribbling sojurn that play was doomed.
99 percent of the Celtics turnovers were self inflicted. That's what makes it so frustrating and embarrassing. The Celtics beat themselves.

Tatum and Brown need to spend the summer with a basketball in their left hand.
Stop and think about how much they have played over the years. And they still can't handle the damn ball. You would think by now they could.

99 percent of the Celtics turnovers were self inflicted. That's what makes it so frustrating and embarrassing. The Celtics beat themselves.

It looked that way, but GS must have made some adjustments, for example when the Celtics started out on fire last night and after Kerr called a time out, GSW went on a 21-0 run shortly afterward. It was easier to spot one on one D in the old NBA, but after more thought, I'm willing to give the Warriors' experience and talent a lot of the credit.

That said, the C's did a horrible job at responding. When your preferred option isn't clicking, you can't just throw the ball away. They don't deserve to be a championship team, at least not yet.

It looked that way, but GS must have made some adjustments, for example when the Celtics started out on fire last night and after Kerr called a time out, GSW went on a 21-0 run shortly afterward. It was easier to spot one on one D in the old NBA, but after more thought, I'm willing to give the Warriors' experience and talent a lot of the credit.

That said, the C's did a horrible job at responding. When your preferred option isn't clicking, you can't just throw the ball away. They don't deserve to be a championship team, at least not yet.
It happened against the bucks and the heat. And it happened in Nov and DEC. Against lousy teams. The Celtics beat themselves. They did a great job on defense. And held them to around 100 points per game. If it wasn't for the self inflicted turn overs. And missed free throws. They win.

Last edited:
I love the moves they have made so far. Galinari and brogdon are good players. I don't think they are done. I would love a durant for brown and smart or ? Sign me up for that. That would give them an actual NBA offense. Instead of the high school offense, they have now.

Last edited:
I love the moves they have made so far. Galinari and brogdon are good players. I don't think they are done. I would love a durant for brown and smart or ? Sign me up for that. That would give them an actual NBA offense. Instead of the high school offense, they have now.
Screw Durant, but that's just me.

It'll keep him nice and warm up in Maine playing on the Celts' D League team, LOL. Seriously, he's a long-range prospect, but wishing him the best.
I wouldn't be shocked to see him make the big boy team, especially now with Nesmith being gone. It might depend on whether they trade Smart after getting Brogdon. Only 19, explosive, good defense, great ambidextrous ball handler, JD could end up being the steal of the draft. A bit of a brick layer from 3pt but he didn't shoot them much and when you watch him shoot he has good mechanics so there's hope for a lot of improvement.

It's not just you, not if it would cost Brown, even if JB is a flight risk after his contract is up.
Durant is 33, Brown is 25. That would be insane.

I'd love for them to get a ball-handler. I think they're set on shooters and scorers.

It would be insane not to do it. Brown is younger. But he only has 2 years left on his deal. Durant is a much better player. And has four years left on his deal. Give me Durant. And hang banner 18.

I'd love for them to get a ball-handler. I think they're set on shooters and scorers.
It's the only way they get him, and to that I say no thank you. If Durant didn't have a championship and was still hungry then maaaybe, but judging by the list of teams he prefers to be traded to I don't think it's a priority for him anymore. Not to mention he left the GSW, his best chance at winning more titles.

They are in dire need of a big right now. They have a log jam at guard, 4 wings, and for bigs they only have an oft-injured RW3 and a 36yr old Horford(who prefers playing the 4 not the 5). Free agent-wise Thomas Bryant would be ideal but he'll probably go with the Lakers.

It's the only way they get him, and to that I say no thank you. If Durant didn't have a championship and was still hungry then maaaybe, but judging by the list of teams he prefers to be traded to I don't think it's a priority for him anymore. Not to mention he left the GSW, his best chance at winning more titles.

They are in dire need of a big right now. They have a log jam at guard, 4 wings, and for bigs they only have an oft-injured RW3 and a 36yr old Horford(who prefers playing the 4 not the 5). Free agent-wise Thomas Bryant would be ideal but he'll probably go with the Lakers.
I agree Durant is 33, and has little upside left. Brown is 25 and has just started to hit his stride. It would be a bad trade off.

Back