Celtics

Early Celtics: Mom and Dads favorites. No real count, but prolly saw the Couz 4-5 times a year from the early fifties (little less in very early 50's) to his retirement (63-64). Current skillsets simply did not exist then and he was the top of the heap. Electric. Loved the Couz.

Cheers
JJ Redick says he sucked. Played against firemen and plumbers.

JJ Redick says he sucked. Played against firemen and plumbers.

From what little I've seen of Redick he's a paid shill to be a dickhead.

Seems he doesn't take the career longview, dumbass.

Fuck him sideways twice and send him @imapig level hairy manboob shots.

:4321:

:patslogo26::redsox32::celtics::bruinslogo28:

That is quite possible. I was thinking maybe his mommy wanted to be breast-fed by him? He does some kind of reverse parenting. What a sweet bond that would be. ❤️ :coffee:
You know what they say - our parents take care of us when we're young, and we take care of them when they're older...

I really miss great ballhandling. Maravich & Bird were superb.
Basketball has changed so much in the last 35 years.
Can anyone in the NBA do these things now? Kyrie wishes...

View: https://twitter.com/HonestLarry1/status/1560244781342670849

Could anyone besides Bird do what he did in the 80s either, besides Magic? Hardly a fair player to use as a comp lol, but yeah there's definitely a few all time greats playing right now. I can't stand the guy most of the time but Lebron has elite vision and is a phenomenal passer, he doesn't get the credit he deserves for it because of everything else he does. Jokic is already the best passing big men ever, blows guys like Walton out of the water, he's one of the best passers ever period. Rondo is one of the best passing PG's to ever play in the NBA. Chris Paul is up there too.

The NBA has changed but that's partly due to parity, you're no longer going to get 5 hall of famers on a team moving the ball around. Those live action works of art that were the Lakers and Celtics are gone and will never be seen again but I think the NBA right now as a whole is the best it's been since the 80's. I'm 46 and this is by far the most I've watched non-Celtics games because of the crazy amount of talent in the league right now. To each their own though, it's hard to let go of the 80's for some and actually give this generation a chance :)

Gallanari torn ACL, likely done for the season. They'll probably go hard after Carmelo now which makes me a little queasy.

Gallanari torn ACL, likely done for the season. They'll probably go hard after Carmelo now which makes me a little queasy.
I've always said that Carmelo Anthony might be the most talented professional athlete.... that you would never, EVER want on your team.

For some reason though, I find myself not entirely against this move. I'm not entirely sure why but on the heels of a Finals loss, I envision the team to be in a bit of a fragile state. My hope with Carmelo is that it might yield one of two results:
1) He may actually find a way to lead a team to success
2) Tatum and Brown (should #1 not come to fruition) will realize they do NOT want to become the next Carmelo and band together for success

I am not sure either of those results are likely in the end.

This team is cursed. i don't want melo anywhere near the Celtics. Whatever team he is on. They lose. no thanks.

Back