Celtics

I've always said that Carmelo Anthony might be the most talented professional athlete.... that you would never, EVER want on your team.

For some reason though, I find myself not entirely against this move. I'm not entirely sure why but on the heels of a Finals loss, I envision the team to be in a bit of a fragile state. My hope with Carmelo is that it might yield one of two results:
1) He may actually find a way to lead a team to success
2) Tatum and Brown (should #1 not come to fruition) will realize they do NOT want to become the next Carmelo and band together for success

I am not sure either of those results are likely in the end.
If I'm being totally honest I wouldn't completely hate it if he's fine with coming off the bench and just shooting a bunch of kick out 3's. Maybe it will be the first time in his career that he will be a winner. If it doesn't work for whatever reason the contract will be cheap enough to make him easily tradeable or cuttable.

Why in the he'll did it take either Williams and/or the Ce!tics until now to figure he was still hurt???

Last edited:
Why in the he'll did it take either Williams and/or the Ce!tics until now to figure he was still hurt???
My guess is that they fucked up the surgery originally and had to wait for it to heal some to re-do it.

The speculation I read. He had been resting without pain. Since the end of last season. When he started to ramp up his activity for this season. He started to feel pain in the knee.

Udoka getting suspended by the team for diddlin' an intern. Nia Long is not good enough for you Ime, really? This thing is crumbling fast.

I don't know if it's really an intern but that's my guess.

A consensual fling with a staff member gets you a year's suspension?? Good god.
I am not a big fan of gossip (which is why I try to stay out of the Brady/Gisele thread) but has to be way more to this story.

Not firing someone but potentially suspending them for a year? I am sorry, anything that warrants a year's suspension has to be a fireable offense, no?

I love this guy as a coach but I can't help but think (and this is where I am kicking myself for potentially spreading gossip) that, while consensual, he boinked the wife or daughter of someone within the Celtics brass. I mean, it has to be someone worthy of fire and brimstone, right?

Its being called an inappropriate consensual sexual relationship.

Gtfooh here with this bullshit. Consensual is all that should matter.
i agree with you, but you know how this stuff changes as it slowly comes out. I dont know anything about it, just going off of history :shrug-n:

Its being called an inappropriate consensual sexual relationship.

Gtfooh here with this bullshit. Consensual is all that should matter.
BS or not, having a relationship with a subordinate is commonly a violation of any company's policy. Especially if he/she used their position as leverage. Sleeping your way to the top is frowned upon I guess, unfair to the undesirables. :insane:

What you're supposed to do is disclose it first. I'm surprised they didn't because there's nothing more romantic and hot than asking HR for permission to have sex, especially when you already have a fiance. :hump:

Back