Celtics

Its being called an inappropriate consensual sexual relationship.

Gtfooh here with this bullshit. Consensual is all that should matter.

I agree, but I'd wager a spicy chicken sandwich from Popeyes that he was at least accused of treating one of the gals involved more favorably than an employee not sleeping with him, which forced the Celtics draconian response.

So he's been suspended a year, and the Celtics are saying it may even be longer once a full review has taken place.

What the hell did he do????

So he's been suspended a year, and the Celtics are saying it may even be longer once a full review has taken place.

What the hell did he do????
There's definitely more to it than just a simple office romance that's for sure but we can only guess right now. And we know it's really not just a year, he's not coming back. They are weirdly unprepared from a PR standpoint, and kind of look like bumbling morons I hate to say. And usually there's an agenda or benefit to something like this being leaked but I can't think of what, other than maybe Udoka himself leaking it to force them into a quick decision for some reason. I can't see any benefit for the C's to leak it, and then be this unprepared to handle it.

Maybe someone with upper management was banging this chick already and Udoka went up to the dude and said how did my dick taste? Pretty sure that would be a one-year suspension.:rofl:

Maybe someone with upper management was banging this chick already and Udoka went up to the dude and said how did my dick taste? Pretty sure that would be a one-year suspension.:rofl:
It sounds a logical take, that he was shagging one of the the owner's wives/girlfriends.

It sounds a logical take, that he was shagging one of the the owner's wives/girlfriends.
good point.... this just seems weird.
maybe they have this uber strict rule to prevent any sexual harassment type stuff and even though this might have been totally consensual, the Celtics have a zero tolerance for this stuff 🤷

or it was the owners daughter or something :coffee:

More info...his fiance must be livid.

New Report Says Ime Udoka ‘Blindsided’ Nia Long With News Of Affair After Moving Her To Boston​

September 23, 2022by Darrelle Lincoln
BOSTON, MASSACHUSETTS – MAY 23: Head Coach Ime Udoka of the Boston Celtics reacts against the Miami Heat during the second quarter in Game Four of the 2022 NBA Playoffs Eastern Conference Finals at TD Garden on May 23, 2022 in Boston, Massachusetts. (Photo by Elsa/Getty Images)
The more and more reports that come out, it appears that Ime Udoka is simply not a good person.
Udoka, head coach of the Boston Celtics, was suspended for the entire NBA season for violations of team policies, the organization announced Thursday night. The team added that a decision on Udoka’s future with the Celtics will be made at a later date.
The news appeared out of nowhere for Udoka’s fiancée Nia Long, but one report seems to suggest it goes way deeper than that.
Not only did Udoka keep Long in the dark about his affair with the Celtics staffer, but according to TMZ, the Boston Celtics coach allowed her to move to Boston with her 10-year-old son just two weeks ago while knowing that his affair was going to go public.
Via the report:

“Sources connected to the team and the couple tell TMZ … Nia had moved to Boston with Kez, her 10-year-old son with Ime, just 2 weeks ago, and the couple was house hunting.
The sad twist for Nia is that when she moved, Ime was already fully aware his affair with a married front office staffer was about to blow up. We’re told Ime knew way back in July the team was aware of the affair, and was launching an investigation.
Meanwhile, we’re told Nia only found out about it in the last few days … and only because Ime knew it was about to go public.”
It’s not clear what the events mean for the relationship between Udoka and Long. In the meantime, she has released a statement on how thankful she is for the support.
“The outpouring of love and support from family, friends and the community during this difficult time means so much to me. I ask that my privacy be respected as I process the recent events. Above all, I am a mother and will continue to focus on my children,” Long told TMZ through her rep Shannon Barr.

I
More info...his fiance must be livid.

Source identified? If not, It's just the same type of nasty BS that was everywhere yesterday. To be clear, I'm not blaming you.

I

Source identified? If not, It's just the same type of nasty BS that was everywhere yesterday. To be clear, I'm not blaming you.
You are right, but Shams is pretty well connected, the story about "unwanted comments" I would bet is true. And that's one leak I could definitely see the Celtics doing intentionally because it takes blame away from the woman.

You are right, but Shams is pretty well connected, the story about "unwanted comments" I would bet is true. And that's one leak I could definitely see the Celtics doing intentionally because it takes blame away from the woman.
And of Pagliuca is planning another Senate or Governor run, putting this to bed swiftly would be an excellent idea.

Celtics looked sharp in the post Udoka era

The NBA is on notice. Tatum a slow starter? He says F that, not this year. You can already see the huge difference Brogdon makes too. Would still like to see them eventually pull off a trade to deepen the bench but they look damn good as-is. Of course, it's only one game.

These guys need to stop crying to the refs after every call or non call. Judging by all the techs handed out last night. The refs have had enough. all the non stop crying drives me nuts.

I’m hearing the Celtics gave him permission to look for another job.

Eeewww, I don't like this. One the bigger reasons the Nets weren't a threat was because of their moron coach, this could change things some. Still, they are dependent on Simmons to be at an all star level come playoff time, probably not gonna happen.

Back