Celtics

What an embarrassing loss. 150 points is a lot of points to give up. Once again. When they don't shoot well from the three point line. They don't know how to win. These guys are front runners. What ever "IT" is. they don't have it.

What an embarrassing loss. 150 points is a lot of points to give up. Once again. When they don't shoot well from the three point line. They don't know how to win. These guys are front runners. What ever "IT" is. they don't have it.
The "it" is defense, unlike last year they chose to go with more offense and it's not working very well. I thought with Timelord coming back their defense would rebound but that doesn't appear to be the case, at least for the moment.

The "it" is defense, unlike last year they chose to go with more offense and it's not working very well. I thought with Timelord coming back their defense would rebound but that doesn't appear to be the case, at least for the moment.
The lack of defense is definitely part of the problem, for sure. But it goes deeper than that.

Everyone panicked last year after a disastrous first half, then they went balls to the wall and played historically good defense in the 2nd half, maybe even ultimately burning themselves out having to dig themselves out of that hole. I'm concerned but not in panic mode, it's a long season. How they come out against Dallas is a lot more telling to me than that OKC game. If they come out flat again, that would be much more concerning.

That sucks. Coached multiple 50-win Celtics seasons but it's hard to look back on his tenure without thinking of Reggie Lewis, and the dark times that followed.
And Len Bias. Drafted in 86, passed 2 days later. Celtics went on to have one of, if not, the best C's Teams ever.

When the 3 pointers aren't falling. They don't know how to win. They have no mental toughness.
Does last night count? They didn't shoot shoot well from 3 or even from 2 for that matter, from the foul line, and their 2 stars especially shot like garbage, and still beat the team that owns them. It's a good ugly win.

I love you guys. Flurry of posts when they drop a couple in a row, and then respond by ripping off 7 straight (With 2 starters out, mostly), and...silence. :coffee:
That's kind of how it goes when expectations are this high I guess, especially for Boston sports. If they win in the regular season, it's the regular season so nothing to get excited about(outside of a few meaningful ones), but when they lose it's what's wrong with this team, how could they lose to the <insert crap team here>. It's the quietest 8 game win streak the C's have had in a long time, I guess because they're not blowing doors off at the same time during it.

I missed the end of the game. For anyone interested, NBA Network is replaying the game and they're about to go into OT.

The Arod and Aaron Rodgers of the NBA. He turned the ball over 7 times. And at the worst possible times. He did all he could to choke that game away.
Here's to who will be the most miserable Celtics fan if/when they when a chip, assuming he's actually a Celtics fan.

Robert Williams hyperextended his knee again. I love time lord. But he can't stay healthy to save his life. What a nightmare. They should just shut him down until the playoffs. Smart went down to. on the positive side. that will get brogdon and Pritchard more playing time. Pritchard is lighting it up.

Last edited:
I love you guys. Flurry of posts when they drop a couple in a row, and then respond by ripping off 7 straight (With 2 starters out, mostly), and...silence. :coffee:

Kind of a thing here.

The Eternal Order of the Brotherhood of the Miserable.

Never cared much for Woody Allen's line about having no interest in being a member of a group that would have him as a member.

I'm thankful to the many groups who would never have me as a member.

It's a validation that I'm doing something right.

:)

The Cs are rockin' it.

Bleed Green and White.

R.jpeg

Back