Celtics

So apparently in addition to JT turning his ankle Time Lord was sick and yakking the whole game

Will be pulling for the Nuggets to sweep the Heat and shut Jimmy Butler the hell up.

Will be pulling for the Nuggets to sweep the Heat and shut Jimmy Butler the hell up.
Pulling for Denver and Vegas in the Cup finals. I work with a ton of Floridians and I have been getting an earful over the B's and the C's and I would like Florida's reign of terror to end in a severe beatdown.

Pulling for Denver and Vegas in the Cup finals. I work with a ton of Floridians and I have been getting an earful over the B's and the C's and I would like Florida's reign of terror to end in a severe beatdown.
I hear you, I pulled for the Panthers only because I didn't want to see either Toronto or Carolina in the finals, they did their job now they can go ahead and lose in the finals. Go Denver! Go Vegas!

Also the hand-wringing about 'the end of an era' and losing 'part of the core' in Marcus Smart from the Celtics beat writers is pretty pathetic.

This is the Celtics, and Smart has basically been the same player for the last 5 seasons, never really improved. Outstanding defender, isn't scared to take big shots, but holy shit, he's not a point guard, and he can't shoot. You don't get an 'era' unless you actually win something here.

Chris Forsberg "Where do they go from here?" I laughed for 5 straight minutes. I dunno, draft a pass-first point guard with pick 25 who can dribble comes to mind.

Give it up to Brad Stevens as a GM here too. He valued Brogdon and Smart almost exactly the same. Your typical rah-rah GMs would way overvalue Smart.
Yup. And The Clippers likely valued Brogdon more.

I "liked" Marcus Smart because he was tough and had a lot of grit but it was virtually impossible to ever "love" Marcus Smart. He could have been a HOF player in Boston and I truly hope he gets on a path in the Western Conference to get back on that track. He drove me nuts but I'll always root for him.

Looking ahead, a healthy Brogdon sure would have helped in the ECF's and he's proven to be a very nice piece so I hope the fact he won't be the starting PG in LA (and frankly, is only still a Celtic because a trade fell through) doesn't cause him to waver. But really, Derrick White's ascension made this a reality. In the Finals last year, he looked like a dear in the headlights. A year later, he is All-Defense 2nd team. And let's not kid ourselves, if you watched the Celtics at all this year, Tatum and White were way better defenders than Smart was.

I am sure we'll hear a million Chris Paul rumors, draft rumors, et al, so the door is certainly open for more moves that could change the complexion of the back court as of this moment, but I think this was a good, necessary move. Now they just need to teach Jaylen Brown how to dribble.

Give it up to Brad Stevens as a GM here too. He valued Brogdon and Smart almost exactly the same. Your typical rah-rah GMs would way overvalue Smart.
Jr and I were talking about this this morning. I love Marcus, he's a fan favorite, but Brogdon will give you more consistent offense from the PG position. Porzingus gives you an elite offensive big, something this team is desperately in need of.

Yup. And The Clippers likely valued Brogdon more.

I "liked" Marcus Smart because he was tough and had a lot of grit but it was virtually impossible to ever "love" Marcus Smart. He could have been a HOF player in Boston and I truly hope he gets on a path in the Western Conference to get back on that track. He drove me nuts but I'll always root for him.

Looking ahead, a healthy Brogdon sure would have helped in the ECF's and he's proven to be a very nice piece so I hope the fact he won't be the starting PG in LA (and frankly, is only still a Celtic because a trade fell through) doesn't cause him to waver. But really, Derrick White's ascension made this a reality. In the Finals last year, he looked like a dear in the headlights. A year later, he is All-Defense 2nd team. And let's not kid ourselves, if you watched the Celtics at all this year, Tatum and White were way better defenders than Smart was.

I am sure we'll hear a million Chris Paul rumors, draft rumors, et al, so the door is certainly open for more moves that could change the complexion of the back court as of this moment, but I think this was a good, necessary move. Now they just need to teach Jaylen Brown how to dribble.
Thinking that's the reason for adding Cassel to the coaching staff

Back