Charger fan wishes the Pats good luck against the Jags

Thumper

Charger Power
Reaction score
Website
www.bolttalk.net
The Pats have been the best team this season, asterick or not. You should be heavily favored against the Jags, but they are a tough physical team. You should win, and I hope you do.

We're the underdogs against the Colts, and this will be a tough game for us. We may not beat them, but if we do, I want the Chargers to face the Pats next. Why? You guys have been a thorn in our side. You've been the better team in our last two meetings, winning a close one in last years' playoffs, and totally destroying us this season.

Why would I want the Chargers to play you again then? Because I want the Chargers to beat the best, and simply put, you guys are the best. I'm not saying we will beat you, but it's what I'd like to see.

So congrats on your season thus far. You're Pats have earned my respect for their play on the field. But to be the best, you've got to beat the best. So I hope we meet again. Until then, everyone stay well.

peace, Thump

Originally posted by Thumper on 01-08-2008 at 09:28 AM The Pats have been the best team this season, asterick or not. You should be heavily favored against the Jags, but they are a tough physical team. You should win, and I hope you do.

Yeah, well that's all very nice, but I would have read your post a bit more open-mindedly if you hadn't started it off with the "asterisk or not" shot. I don't think you'll find too may Pats fans on this site particularly interested in discussing the cheating cheaters thing at this late stage of the season. Thx for your well-wishes, but you won't make it as a good will ambassador if you start off your discussions by sticking your thumb in your listener's eye.

Welcome back to the Planet, Thumper. Good luck in Indy, but it sounds bad for Gates.
(Aside to OBF, this post is one of the most conciliatory things I've read from this member.)

Thanks for the post, Thumper.

Good luck against the Colts.

Re: Re: Charger fan wishes the Pats good luck against the Jags

oldbagfan on 01-08-2008 at 06:34 AM said:
Yeah, well that's all very nice, but I would have read your post a bit more open-mindedly if you hadn't started it off with the "asterisk or not" shot. I don't think you'll find too may Pats fans on this site particularly interested in discussing the cheating cheaters thing at this late stage of the season. Thx for your well-wishes, but you won't make it as a good will ambassador if you start off your discussions by sticking your thumb in your listener's eye.
My apologies.

bishbash on 01-08-2008 at 06:35 AM said:
Welcome back to the Planet, Thumper. Good luck in Indy, but it sounds bad for Gates.
(Aside to OBF, this post is one of the most conciliatory things I've read from this member.)
Thank you for wishing us good luck. Yes it's not looking good for Gates. He is in a walking boot now with what they are calling a severely sprained toe. He says he won't know whether he'll be able to play in the Colts game until later in the week, but my gut tells me he's not going to make it.

Undertaker #59* on 01-08-2008 at 06:35 AM said:
Thanks for the post, Thumper.

Good luck against the Colts.
Thank You

Thanks for the classy post. Good luck Thumper.

Good post and good luck. I don't much like the Chargers, but a good fan is a good fan.

*mikiemo83 on 01-08-2008 at 09:51 AM said:
what is up with Gates?

The reports I've read and heard are a dislocated big toe.

Thanks for checking in Thumper. Hope the Indy/SD game is a good one. With any luck, I'll be watching it sitting on the couch in a nice relaxed mood after a great Saturday night.

*mikiemo83 on 01-08-2008 at 09:51 AM said:
what is up with Gates?
A reporter said on Mike&Mike this a.m. that Gates actually suffered a dislocated toe, but Turner is calling it a sprained toe to try to throw off Dungy.

Re: Re: Re: Charger fan wishes the Pats good luck against the Jags

Thumper on 01-08-2008 at 09:45 AM said:
. He says he won't know whether he'll be able to play in the Colts game until later in the week, but my gut tells me he's not going to make it.

Thank You

Good luck. BTW, I talk to my gut all the time too. It tells me a lot of things. That is why it is so big. It is full of knowledge. Always listen to your gut.

Re: Re: Re: Charger fan wishes the Pats good luck against the Jags

Thumper on 01-08-2008 at 06:45 AM said:
He says he won't know whether he'll be able to play in the Colts game until later in the week, but my gut tells me he's not going to make it.

Well, if he's not going to make it, you should just shoot him instead of letting him suffer like that.

I'm just sayin'.

Also thanks to Thumper for the nice post.

I can't say that I care for the "personality" of your current team, but hated that Gates got injured the way he did.

The Chargers have turned out to be an excellent rivalry and if somehow they can upset the Colts I'd be happy to play them again in Foxboro and I don't mean that in a condescending way.

They can give a lot of teams fits and just because Gates is probably out doesn't mean that the game in Indy is decided. Your guys are just going to have to tough it out for you to get your wish and have a chance to beat the best.

Good luck.

Thumper on 01-08-2008 at 09:28 AM said:
The Pats have been the best team this season, asterick or not. You should be heavily favored against the Jags, but they are a tough physical team. You should win, and I hope you do.

We're the underdogs against the Colts, and this will be a tough game for us. We may not beat them, but if we do, I want the Chargers to face the Pats next. Why? You guys have been a thorn in our side. You've been the better team in our last two meetings, winning a close one in last years' playoffs, and totally destroying us this season.

Why would I want the Chargers to play you again then? Because I want the Chargers to beat the best, and simply put, you guys are the best. I'm not saying we will beat you, but it's what I'd like to see.

So congrats on your season thus far. You're Pats have earned my respect for their play on the field. But to be the best, you've got to beat the best. So I hope we meet again. Until then, everyone stay well.

peace, Thump

Thank you Thumper! It's nice to here a non-Patriot fan actually recognize what this team has accomplished :) Wish you guys the best in the playoffs and if you do beat the Colts will be happy to have you here! I'll be sure not to attend because the last SD game at home I attended we got our asses WHOOPED! :) Anyway good luck in the playoffs!!

BoltsOwnU on 01-08-2008 at 01:28 PM said:
Ditto the Gaytriots. Whether we do it or Jax, BOU doesn't really care.;)

Like your new sig pick there BOU. Of course we'll ignore the fact that he didn't make it in on the initial leap (as pictured) but instead got the knocked backwards and was only able to score because a teammate pushed him upright from behind (illegal move). Gotta love them classy Chargers. o:)

Moebius on 01-08-2008 at 11:36 AM said:
Like your new sig pick there BOU. Of course we'll ignore the fact that he didn't make it in on the initial leap (as pictured) but instead got the knocked backwards and was only able to score because a teammate pushed him upright from behind (illegal move). Gotta love them classy Chargers. o:)

Wow, nice to see the Cheatriot fans second-guessing and grabbing at straws in futile desperation.

LOL nice one, no really.:thumb:

PS: Last BOU checked, according to the rules you can not elevate the ball carrier or use another player to "climb up" for greater elevation (to bblock a fg for example). You can push your rb from behind all you like in a pile or on the ground. Recent scrums have been seen all over the nfl. . .

You can try to claim his forward progress was halted too, but he wasn't down, or even remotely in the grass. That TD was clean as a preacher's sheets, but still, you guys are cute.:LOL:

Oh yeah, and classy too. o:)

Back