Chess?

rivshark86

Reaction score
Any else here love chess?

It’s one of my favorite things. I hope it’s ok to rep this here, but the chess.com app is awesome. I’m on there, as the same screen name in here. rivshark86. There’s an option to chat within the app as well, which is kind of nice if your in the mood to take advantage of it.

Anyway, I’m not that great a player but if anyone feels like it look me up and challenge me! We can set it to like three days for a move, so no big rush to find the time. It’s fun.
I was thinking maybe this would be a fun thread to discuss tactics as well.

Heck I dunno it’s mid January and the pats aren’t in the playoffs. Chess is something that can be fun.

I like chess and respect its strategy needs and overall meaning. Not a very good player though. Might hit you up.

I used to play a lot, like I 50, in my 20’s. I used to hang out at this coffee shop on Highland Street in Worcester and play with a buddy of mine. I have a beautiful glass and marble set that I bought back then. I have taught my son a bit how to play.

It’s a great game; wish I had more time to play.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

I used to play a lot, like I 50, in my 20’s. I used to hang out at this coffee shop on Highland Street in Worcester and play with a buddy of mine. I have a beautiful glass and marble set that I bought back then. I have taught my son a bit how to play.

If you don’t mind my asking, what was the name of the coffee shop? I’m from the area and I’m curious.

I don’t play chess, but just finished this Netflix series and I enjoyed it.

I look at a lot of games on agadmator's channel on youtube. He's good at analysis, and keeps up with current tournaments as well as analyzing historical games.

In my opinion, the best games are those of Mikhail Tal - he would sacrifice any piece, at any time, if he thought it would lead to an irresistible attack.

And most of the time, he was successful.

Here's one to get you started with Tal.

Another game aficionados should know is this one, from American Grandmaster Frank Marshall.

Last edited:

I bought a similar set for my love many years ago as we played often. Nice stuff.

If you don’t mind my asking, what was the name of the coffee shop? I’m from the area and I’m curious.

I don’t play chess, but just finished this Netflix series and I enjoyed it.

I believe it’s still there; the Bean Counter. I used to know the owner Alice a little bit. She used to let me play acoustic guitar whenever I wanted.

I believe it’s still there; the Bean Counter. I used to know the owner Alice a little bit. She used to let me play acoustic guitar whenever I wanted.

Thanks, PatsFan09. I was thinking of Coffee Kingdom but I don't think that's on Highland. The Bean Counter is still there.

Back