Coaching Profile: Bill O’Brien Rejoins Patriots as OC

By DVOA, the Patriots offense under BOB was 1st in 2009, 1st in 2010 and 3rd in 2011

This is great news and we once again have a professional OC on board who knows the system and the QB and has
won Championships running an Offense.

Let this be the first (Mayo isn't official yet) offseason move in a long series of that make sense, get us
excited as fans, make our rivals worry and, most importantly, get us back in contention for a ring this
season.

I don't want to be greedy, but it's something that is achievable with smart usage of resources, great scouting and maybe a little luck.

Today is a good winter morning in New England.

winter-sunrise-at-cutler-harbor-maine-marty-saccone.jpg

I really didn't like it much when BO'B went off on TFB on the sidelines back in the day which I perceived as unprofessional

now that he's back and I'm informed BO'B is OFD (originally from Dorchester) it makes his TFB tirade more understandable to me

I'm hoping Mac does his pissy-WTF-are-you doing-to-me face in BO'B's direction real early in the teams summer-to-preseason practices which may trigger BO'B to give him a Dot-Rat beatdown to establish mega-alpha hierarchy in their relationship 😁

will do that southern boy some good it says here

I really didn't like it much when BO'B went off on TFB on the sidelines back in the day which I perceived as unprofessional

now that he's back and I'm informed BO'B is OFD (originally from Dorchester) it makes his TFB tirade more understandable to me

I'm hoping Mac does his pissy-WTF-are-you doing-to-me face in BO'B's direction real early in the teams summer-to-preseason practices which may trigger BO'B to give him a Dot-Rat beatdown to establish mega-alpha hierarchy in their relationship 😁

Someone this morning reminded of good context. It was a play where WR Underwood under-ran a route and Brady threw an INT in the red zone. Brady was screaming at Underwood and BOB stepped in and there was some yelling. So in this light I think BOB is perfect to grow Mac. Also Brady loves BOB, he wanted to play with BOB as his coach on another team afterwards

Someone this morning reminded of good context. It was a play where WR Underwood under-ran a route and Brady threw an INT in the red zone. Brady was screaming at Underwood and BOB stepped in and there was some yelling. So in this light I think BOB is perfect to grow Mac. Also Brady loves BOB, he wanted to play with BOB as his coach on another team afterwards

Hopkins doesn't love BOB though. He didn't like getting traded. I'll kiss that thought goodbye.
But I'm ok with BOB. If his players in Houston had liked him a little more I'd be great with this move.

Hopkins doesn't love BOB though. He didn't like getting traded. I'll kiss that thought goodbye.
But I'm ok with BOB. If his players in Houston had liked him a little more I'd be great with this move.

Some people aren't really suited for being a top boss, because they aren't particularly good at being
diplomatic or tolerating assholeish behavior, no matter how good they are at the actual nuts and bolts
of the job. Running a large organization is like herding cats with a paper straw due to problem children
etc., etc.

The beauty of this is that he doesn't have to set the tone or hand out discipline, because BB carries that load
and always has. All he has to do is get 20 guys on the same page, not 75, and teach them and he's got the track record to command
their respect. And he is noted for having strong views and expressing them clearly for all to hear, which was an
issue this past season.

From the players standpoint, I think they'll be so thrilled to have a coach that knows what he is doing that they'll
play ball with him because all of them hated sucking, Being embarrassed. Not Isiah Wynn, of course, but he won't be here anyway.

Having O'Brien will be great for the draft. If bill listens to him. He knows the college players better than the scouts.
If the Patriots make a move for Branch, I'll trust it. That's a sign that O'Brien thought it was a pain to go against him every day in practice...

This is great news and we once again have a professional OC on board who knows the system and the QB and has
won Championships running an Offense.

Let this be the first (Mayo isn't official yet) offseason move in a long series of that make sense, get us
excited as fans, make our rivals worry and, most importantly, get us back in contention for a ring this
season.

I don't want to be greedy, but it's something that is achievable with smart usage of resources, great scouting and maybe a little luck.

Today is a good winter morning in New England.

View attachment 15117

Indeed it is.

Is this thread going to morph into the "BoB sux" thread or will a new one be started.

New thread?

BoB Sux?

A poll may be in order.

Zombies and @thomas144 still a good poll option?

Aww screw it. We knew it's coming and I like to be ahead of the game.

😂

Brilliant.

Not only a fire bringing fight on the practice field, a full on, "Bring it ya little shit" get it straight confrontation, hug it out then go shoot for a championship.

My mom didn't even know who BoB was but when she saw that sideline tirade she forever called him a Jackass. 😂

Thank you for the Dorchester context.

Maybe a little Boondocks blood should be in order as well.

Greatness resides in all of it.

View: https://youtu.be/lz5xowvmyI8

Freaking Irish.

😂

Back