College Football Thread 2022

Patriots44

call me... P Quatro, Quatro
Reaction score
I had a bad feeling that was going to happen.... Georgia is just too strong. I'm now even more impressed that Ohio State almost beat them.
(Wonder if Michigan was glad they didn't make it only to lose.... not sure if Michigan could have done any better then TCU)

3 Point Stan

POW! Right in the kissah.
Reaction score
I don't even know what the hell that was. I was pretty defensive of TCU being snubbed by the BCS a few year's back but I'd rather see OSU-Alabama-ish schools make it every year vs. seeing what I watched last night. Awful.

PumpDee

They Hate Us Cuz They Ain't Us.
Reaction score
We are watching I'm rooting for TCU. Hubby is rooting for Georgia. Yup, fun times.
I'll bet.

Here's a nice recap of the game last night:

randy marsh fighting GIF by South Park

Muse

Paleface
Reaction score
Uuuuuugllly
I'll bet.

Here's a nice recap of the game last night:

randy marsh fighting GIF by South Park
Basically, I turned by halftime, even hubby said yeah turn it. The SEC is a power house conference, IMHO, getting the fastest, strongest and the best of HS football. My Bama wasn't in since they loss two games. That's the SEC. Any other conference you lose two games and your golden. The SEC you have to be perfect or at most only lose one game.

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score

Jim Harbaugh is a bad dude. Currently, he can do no wrong in A2, Washtenaw County or even the entire Lower Peninsula. Believe its or not, he sees things through a highly religious lens of his creation. Typically, this would absolutely NOT be stood for in A2 as the university dominates the political landscape 100% and I don't have to tell you how fast a "conservative" would be chewed up and spit out. But he has been winning and beating OSU (but is only 5-10 against the mighty Spartans). This allows him to speak openly on topics such as abortion (he is rabidly against) and hide felonious handgun crimes of his star NT for 8 weeks until after the season was completed with no pushback from the extremely anti-2A community as a whole. There are many more examples I won't bore you with. He gets away with whatever he wants - right now. His head was on the block 3 years ago and was forced to take a pay cut.

I say all of that to say this: Harbaugh may have told the University President he is staying, but if an offer comes in tomorrow or next month that he wants to take he will go back on his word in a minute and the justification will be that he has been "called" to do other work elsewhere. On the "doing the Lord's work" side of things he shares a few similarities with Warden Norton.

Of course, I am a biased State fan with nothing but utter contempt for Harbaugh based on his own actions.

If he wants to leave, he will, and he will be fine with his own lack of honesty.

OP
OP
Roberto71

Roberto71

Reaction score
Jim Harbaugh is a bad dude. Currently, he can do no wrong in A2, Washtenaw County or even the entire Lower Peninsula. Believe its or not, he sees things through a highly religious lens of his creation. Typically, this would absolutely NOT be stood for in A2 as the university dominates the political landscape 100% and I don't have to tell you how fast a "conservative" would be chewed up and spit out. But he has been winning and beating OSU (but is only 5-10 against the mighty Spartans). This allows him to speak openly on topics such as abortion (he is rabidly against) and hide felonious handgun crimes of his star NT for 8 weeks until after the season was completed with no pushback from the extremely anti-2A community as a whole. There are many more examples I won't bore you with. He gets away with whatever he wants - right now. His head was on the block 3 years ago and was forced to take a pay cut.

I say all of that to say this: Harbaugh may have told the University President he is staying, but if an offer comes in tomorrow or next month that he wants to take he will go back on his word in a minute and the justification will be that he has been "called" to do other work elsewhere. On the "doing the Lord's work" side of things he shares a few similarities with Warden Norton.

Of course, I am a biased State fan with nothing but utter contempt for Harbaugh based on his own actions.

If he wants to leave, he will, and he will be fine with his own lack of honesty.

From what you've said previously and what I've seen not just from him, but his brother as well, I don't like him at all. Michigan would be a team I probably would have been inclined to support due to Tom, Woodson, Rich Eisen etc. But no....I can't.

Flagg the Wanderer

Hotblack Desiato's Accountant
Reaction score
From what you've said previously and what I've seen not just from him, but his brother as well, I don't like him at all. Michigan would be a team I probably would have been inclined to support due to Tom, Woodson, Rich Eisen etc. But no....I can't.
I'm a Notre Dame alum, and overall I have an insane amount of respect for UM, grudging though it be. I mean, name a school that is relevant (and typically contends) in each of the "big four" sports of baseball, hockey, basketball, and football, and academically is considered a long side the Ivies. Top 20 undergrad and for grad programs across the board, and probably top 5 in law & med.

I loathe Harbaugh, though. And his brother. Michigan is sullying itself by bowing and scraping to his ego.

OP
OP
Roberto71

Roberto71

Reaction score

TommyD420

Meet the New Boss. Same as the Old Boss.
Reaction score
Just found out that since Kingsbury decided to go to Thailand, Miami (Da U) is looking to back up the Brinks truck for Ken Dorsey, the pitch "Get off that sinking ship while you can, win a Natty here, and have your pick of HC jobs".

Ken Dorsey, of course, won a Natty (and really got incredibly screwed out of another) with Miami in the early 00s.

OSUBuckeye

Reaction score
Kind of flew under the radar but Nick Saban was able to steal OC Tommy Rees away from Notre Dame. Young bright coach that will eventually be a head coach.