College Football Thread 2022

The local college (Indiana state university) on Thursday. Probably be a big crowd even for a home game. Five students were in a crash last weekend, four were football players. Two died and two were seriously hurt.

I believe the college team I like opens Thursday against penn state, boiler up. To be honest, all I care about is the marching band.

The local college (Indiana state university) on Thursday. Probably be a big crowd even for a home game. Five students were in a crash last weekend, four were football players. Two died and two were seriously hurt.

I believe the college team I like opens Thursday against penn state, boiler up. To be honest, all I care about is the marching band.
Whoa.

Yeah, it was a combination of speed (90 mph on a 30), alcohol, and weather. The corner they wrecked on would’ve been a bad crash with no alcohol at 50 mph as it was pouring 3-4” of standing water on it.

Week 1 of CFB has some very good games starting Thursday night on Fox and going through Monday night. The biggest game is Ohio State vs Notre Dame. OREGON VS GEORGIA is also a nonconference game between 2 ranked teams.

Great to have football back.

It is, I felt that watching the game on Saturday. The plays, the chess game between offense and defense, the big plays......

Great to have football back, I look forward to watching both the NFL and College Ball this season.

Whoa

Man, that was close for Boston College, lost by a point to Rutgers, 22-21.

Just settling down now to watch Georgia play Oregon. Hopefully a good game in store.

Georgia look absolutely lethal here, exploding with power and huge plays. 21-0 already against no.11 Oregon.

Bo Nix….facepalm city here.

Good old Frost letting freaking North Dakota hang around for three quarters before finally putting them away. This can't end soon enough.

Good old Frost letting freaking North Dakota hang around for three quarters before finally putting them away. This can't end soon enough.

I saw that half time score and read there was noticeable booing from the fans. Frost has to go surely.

I saw that half time score and read there was noticeable booing from the fans. Frost has to go surely.
I'll be surprised if he makes it through the season but if he keeps winning the games that he's supposed to win he just might.

The ND OSU game is close and well played for a 1st game of the year. For some reason I thought that OSU would win this going away. Right now , 10-7 ND.

OSU did win going away...21-10

I guess that's what happens when you're not playing a service academy. :coffee:
It was a better game than the talent disparity would have led you to believe. ND led and held on deep into the 3rd quarter, and never let OSU dominate.

But even when ND was up at halftime, it felt like they were carefully holding a big bottle of soda that was shaken up and barely cracked open.

It was a better game than the talent disparity would have led you to believe. ND led and held on deep into the 3rd quarter, and never let OSU dominate.

But even when ND was up at halftime, it felt like they were carefully holding a big bottle of soda that was shaken up and barely cracked open.

It was a really good game. A lot of quality and ND were excellent for long periods. Could be a very good season, I thought Georgia were outstanding, they look lethal. Bama is up and running as well.

Anyone see the pics of the UCLA home game? Terrible, barely any fans there at all. What is it about LA sports fans? They don't really turn up a lot of the time do they...

I switched to the Utah at FL game. Utah looked like they were going for the winning score with the ball inside the 10. Then the QB throws a pick in the EZ. I don't know who he thought he was throwing to, I didn't see a white jersey in the area.

It was a really good game. A lot of quality and ND were excellent for long periods. Could be a very good season, I thought Georgia were outstanding, they look lethal. Bama is up and running as well.

Anyone see the pics of the UCLA home game? Terrible, barely any fans there at all. What is it about LA sports fans? They don't really turn up a lot of the time do they...
What I saw was the inexperience of the ND QB And Tommy Reese being way to conservative with the play calling.

Back