College Football Thread 2022

Roberto71

Reaction score
I'll start it off as we actually have a CFB game here in Dublin this week. The College Football Classic will see Nebraska play Northwestern at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin on Saturday. They've started to arrive and tens of thousands of fans from the US have been flying in.

The players were at the stadium today.

Fa2FvriWQAQ0LAd

I'll start it off as we actually have a CFB game here in Dublin this week. The College Football Classic will see Nebraska play Northwestern at the Aviva Stadium in Dublin on Saturday. They've started to arrive and tens of thousands of fans from the US have been flying in.

The players were at the stadium today.

Fa2FvriWQAQ0LAd
Can't wait to see how Nebraska screws this up. 🤦‍♂️

How are the Tide looking for the season?
We look good on paper so far. We lost a few in the draft so am anxious/excited to see the new players line up and make their mark. We still have Young at QB so that's a plus.

MSU has a monster O line this year. Expect them to run over teams.

That said, after the starting 5 there is little so they need to stay healthy.

Going into the season here is the College Football Coaches poll. Every year a team ranked high will not live up to expectations. And then there will be another team not ranked very high, or not at all, will make their way up the rankings.

Preseason Coaches Poll​

1. Alabama (54)
  2. Ohio State (5)
  3. Georgia (6)
  4. Clemson
  5. Notre Dame
  6. Michigan
  7. Texas A&M
  8. Utah
  9. Oklahoma
  10. Baylor
  11. Oklahoma State
  12. Oregon
  13. North Carolina State
  14. Michigan State
  15. USC
  16. Pittsburgh
  17. Miami
  18. Texas (1)
  19. Wake Forest
  20. Wisconsin
  21. Kentucky
  22. Cincinnati
  23. Arkansas
  24. Ole Miss
  25. Houston
Others receiving votes: Iowa 248; Penn State 246; Tennessee 163; BYU 152; LSU 143; Auburn 98; UCF 55; North Carolina 34; San Diego State 25; Fresno State 21; Mississippi State 19; Florida 17; Utah State 12; Air Force 12; UCLA 10; Boise State 10; Appalachian State 10; Minnesota 6; South Carolina 5; Kansas State 4; Iowa State 3; Army 3; Louisiana 2; SMU 2; Purdue 2; Oregon State 2; Coastal Carolina 2; UTSA 1; Louisville 1; Florida State 1.

College ball has really grown on me the past few years. I like the intense loyalty the fans have to their teams and the way they sell out these huge 100,000+ stadiums with ease. It reminds me of GAA sports here, it’s amateur and community based and generates intense fandom and above all, fun. The fans really enjoy themselves and the drinks flow freely!

College ball has really grown on me the past few years. I like the intense loyalty the fans have to their teams and the way they sell out these huge 100,000+ stadiums with ease. It reminds me of GAA sports here, it’s amateur and community based and generates intense fandom and above all, fun. The fans really enjoy themselves and the drinks flow freely!
Indeed. And that former Pat, what's his name from the big house, arrived ready to face the crowds.

BTW, drinks still flow. but not freely.

Cheers

• Wow
Reactions: Alk
Back