Colts-Texans: One PI call per game?

The ball hit the turf, and you are not calling that a dropped pass? Interesting. You do know the rule that you have to maintain posession all the way to thr ground right? I watched a BJGE catch a ball in the endzone, had both feet down and possession and then fell out of bounds and the ball came out and it was ruled incomplete. If you learn the rules, this might help you understand what a bad call and a good call are.
wait he hit the turf and the ball came out? Gonzo too? But no your right those cant be similar. Lol you act like it was just a botched call and the refs didn't review it.....

wait he hit the turf and the ball came out? Gonzo too? But no your right those cant be similar.

It was called incomplete in both casses, so whats the problem? Gonzo dropped the ball, sorry. What does that have to do with a bad call in the colts favor?

Or you know if they score some points in the second half (aside from a gift of the prevent defense with about 30 seconds left in the game) everything changes.

But of course I forgot about that flag on the first drive of the 3rd quarter (against their defense) which prevented their offense from scoring any points.

Well I'm not saying it won the game for Indy, but it certainly helped.

I don't know if you guys don't see that or don't want to. The Colts shouldn't need help against the Texans... at least not in the form of phantom PI calls that give them half the field. Indy probably would have won anyway, but Houston isn't a team that's going to overcome that sort of thing.

Next you should try to make the argument that you only get those PI calls because part of your game plan is to throw it long.

Why are you trying to argue that blatantly wrong PI calls aren't helping your team win games?
Probably because I don't use bad calls or officiating as an excuse for losing.

I remember at one time that was the Patriot Fan mantra on the subject as well. My how things change.

I remember at one time that was the Patriot Fan mantra on the subject as well. My how things change.

I am not sure how you could, they have been all going in your favor, it would be hard to use it as an excuse. Hell I wish the pats were getting them, but this denial is amazing that they are not happening.

It was called incomplete in both casses, so whats the problem? Gonzo dropped the ball, sorry. What does that have to do with a bad call in the colts favor?
I was pointing out both calls were the same. But the poster I was discussing only claimed to not "understand" one of them. I was comparing to another play he would surely remember and have agreed with.

Can anyone point out to me any long non-legit PI calls AGAINST the Colts that have occurred lately? I don't count any calls that occurred after the game was in-hand as a make-up call.

The ball hit the turf, and you are not calling that a dropped pass? Interesting. You do know the rule that you have to maintain posession all the way to thr ground right? I watched a BJGE catch a ball in the endzone, had both feet down and possession and then fell out of bounds and the ball came out and it was ruled incomplete. If you learn the rules, this might help you understand what a bad call and a good call are.
So when Andre Johnson drops a ball after hitting the ground against the colts and it's ruled incomplete. But when a Colt player drops the ball after hitting the ground it's a good call?

Nobody said it won the game, but it damn sure helped at the time it was called, if you want to deny this cool.

Nobody said it?

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1322580&postcount=157
"I still dont know why the F is should watch this stuff when it is almost a certainty that the NFL is going to give the Colts a perfect season."

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1322582&postcount=159
"And, that's the ball game. Thanks for comin everyone, and Peyton, be sure to leave the money sack outside the Ref's locker room."

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1322623&postcount=196
"They are on a run of 'most games handed to you by the refs' in a row."

http://www.patriotsplanet.com/BB/showpost.php?p=1322627&postcount=200
"Can't wait to hear about the "epic Colts' comeback" today. Yellow flags, etc."

This conversation got started because of the heavy implication, by multiple people here, that the Colts would have lost that game if it weren't for the officiating.

I agree that it helped. I think it helped more than the call in the Pats game. But I think the main thing to blame for the Texans' loss is the Texans. They full-on imploded. Three second half turnovers including a pick six, zero second half points (except a garbage time TD when trailing by 15), giving up a 25 yard pass on 2nd and 20, giving up a 4th down conversion that should have been stopped, committing blatant (and real) pass interference in the end zone, giving up a fade TD (one of my least favorite plays by the way) on 3rd and goal... yeah the bad call gave the Colts some yards and helped get the ball rolling, but the Texans had an entire half to do ANYthing to stop it, and they didn't.

I was pointing out both calls were the same. But the poster I was discussing only claimed to not "understand" one of them. I was comparing to another play he would surely remember and have agreed with.

I didnt bitch about the dropped pass in the endzone because I know the rule. I do not like it, but I know the rule. I also know that when a ball is 50 feet over a receivers head, and the defender and the receiver are slowing up because they are no where near it, and the refs bail it out with a flag, its a bad call.

I remember at one time that was the Patriot Fan mantra on the subject as well. My how things change

Well of course you don't use bad calls as an excuse... the Colts never have any called against them! J/k, j/k...

And don't be over-dramatic there Jaric... we're just discussing a play that took place in another game in the conference. This isn't some heralding of a new era of Patriot Fan Mantras.

I am not sure how you could, they have been all going in your favor, it would be hard to use it as an excuse. Hell I wish the pats were getting them, but this denial is amazing that they are not happening.
Read my first post in this thread. I said it was a bad call.

Of course I find this notion that one bad call = 28 unasnwer points absolutely ****ing laughable.

But that's another story.

You aren't losing because of bad officiating. You're winning.

Again, why are you trying to argue that your team isn't aided by blatantly wrong calls? You get 50 free yards and score and that's not help?

When Colts fans (although not you) are arguing that the PI calls are OK because the Colts like to throw it down the field, I just don't know what to say.

So when Andre Johnson drops a ball after hitting the ground against the colts and it's ruled incomplete. But when a Colt player drops the ball after hitting the ground it's a good call?

HUH? They were both ruled incomplete. What are you talking about? When did I say it was a bad call against johnson?

I didnt bitch about the dropped pass in the endzone because I know the rule. I do not like it, but I know the rule. I also know that when a ball is 50 feet over a receivers head, and the defender and the receiver are slowing up because they are no where near it, and the refs bail it out with a flag, its a bad call.
Ignore my post I qouted. I thought you were referring to the Andre Johnson incomplete call as the bad call.

Ignore my post I qouted. I thought you were referring to the Andre Johnson incomplete call as the bad call.

Oh ok, then ignore mine, cause you had me confused. LOL

Read my first post in this thread. I said it was a bad call.

Of course I find this notion that one bad call = 28 unasnwer points absolutely ****ing laughable.

But that's another story.

I find the notion that you guys can't seem to fathom that a big play like that can change a game ****ing laughable. Not sure if any of you have played a team sport, ever, if you come to that conclusion so easily.

Take that for what it's worth.

The sorry-assed Texans don't deserve any breaks. Good teams like the Colts, Patriots, etc., they deserve the breaks. They are the better teams, with better players, better execution, etc.

But I do think it's true that referees call more penalties, to the advantage of the good teams, at pivital times. Sometimes justified by the action, sometimes not. And I think the home teams get more advantageous calls than the away team. It's just simple human nature. Of course, the Colts game was in Houston, though.

I think for the smallest nanosecond, I actually thought the Texans might actually win. But you know, a nanosecond is one millionth of a second.

Lol i know you didn't my discussion began with Patsrus not you. You just decided to join in

Back