Colts-Texans: One PI call per game?

Maxjax

Reaction score
Anyone catch this game yesterday?

I have to give the Colts some credit for another comeback win, but it seems like at least once per game Indy gets a very big PI call that's borderline at best. The play in the end zone was legit, but the call earlier on that drive on the long ball to Garcon was ridiculous.

If the Pats have to go back to Indy in January, they better go into the 4th quarter with at least a 21-point lead.

I think there's a huge thread about this

At the half I told my wife that the Colts were losing and what the score was then I said "but we've seen this movie before" :coffee:

I saw the contact that the ref did to throw the flag. I forget the DB's name but there was some "minor" hand holding well after the 5 yards.

But that was not pass interferance. As a fan, I'll take it without question (and you all know you would too) but if I was wearing the stripes no way my hankie hits the ground.

Now the second one we got (in the endzone) that was pretty much the definition of pass interferance.

Speaking of bad PI calls, anyone watch the SNF game where I believe Ike Taylor was basically going through Mason's pockets and no flag came out?

Just checked out the other thread...

Good to know it's not just me. :toast:

where are all the Grey Cup threads

I saw the contact that the ref did to throw the flag. I forget the DB's name but there was some "minor" hand holding well after the 5 yards.

But that was not pass interferance. As a fan, I'll take it without question (and you all know you would too) but if I was wearing the stripes no way my hankie hits the ground.

Now the second one we got (in the endzone) that was pretty much the definition of pass interferance.

Speaking of bad PI calls, anyone watch the SNF game where I believe Ike Taylor was basically going through Mason's pockets and no flag came out?

The one in the end zone was a bonafide mugging... no problem with that one.

I did catch most of the Sunday night game. They finally did call one on Taylor on the game-winning drive. He was molesting Mason for most of the night.

Seems like lately the bad PI calls associated with the Colts seem to come at very momentum changing moments in the game. after that first PI the Texans couldn't seem to put anything together. It was like watching two different games.
Colts are good, they don't need the extra help.

First and 10 early in the third quarter is a critical down and defining moment?

If you watched the game, yeah a 50 yard penalty to put you in scoring range to cut it to 6 is pretty critical.

Amazing how that one penalty scored 28 points for Indianapolis and held Houston to 0. That is one hell of an infraction.

But it's momentum, duh! That one penalty broke the Texans' fragile little psyches and forced them to never stop the Colts, and also forced Schaubie to throw two picks (including a pick-six) and give up a strip sack as well. 35-3 run, you say? Well it's all about momentum! It's the refs! Refs I tells ya!

Back