Flagg the Wanderer

Mourning Algernon
Reaction score
ESPN win rate metric plotted against PFFs grades:

Attachments

• FcivfJoWQAAuIDG.jpeg
    FcivfJoWQAAuIDG.jpeg
    205.7 KB · Views: 22
Tells a different story than some of our, shall we say, less positive posters.
Yeah, they're interesting as evaluations. Also interesting: in every category ESPN's rating was it best about equal to PFF's, ranging to MUCH worse.

They're not necessarily measuring the exact same thing, but since they're evaluating the group as a whole for relative success, you would expect that they'd be pretty well in line.

Yeah, they're interesting as evaluations. Also interesting: in every category ESPN's rating was it best about equal to PFF's, ranging to MUCH worse.

They're not necessarily measuring the exact same thing, but since they're evaluating the group as a whole for relative success, you would expect that they'd be pretty well in line.
Averaged across the categories, yes.

Tells a different story than some of our, shall we say, less positive posters.
I can’t stand espn, and certainly don’t form my opinions off any information from them.
Admittedly I’m the least positive poster on the board with regard to the state and direction of the team over the last few years.
Just use your eyes. The Pats have a bottom 10 roster in the league, and there’s talk in this forum bragging about the depth on the practice squad. We are talking about moral victories from this loss to the Phins.
Tua is their QB. He’s not good. BB can’t beat him. God forbid the Jets find an average QB, cause they have some talent on offense.

Every platform has/have their own scales, diagrams, and, flow charts to decipher ups and downs.

Do any of them factor shitty ref calls?
I wasn't trying to spin a loss at all. I was putting it out there to compare the two sources' metrics that theoretically should more or less jibe since they are broad pictures of effectiveness of an entire sub-phase of the game. They are basically answering the question "compared to the other teams, how good was the Patriots' [run blocking] overall?"
So I thought it was notable that one answered "basically right in the middle of the pack" and the other one answered "absolute dead last, and it wasn't remotely close."

Basically right in the middle...yeah, this was my prediction. Not bad enough for a badass college pick. Not good enough for the playoffs.

Basically right in the middle...yeah, this was my prediction. Not bad enough for a badass college pick. Not good enough for the playoffs.

Thank goodness BB has some cap space to spend next year.

Aw, don't lose heart, BSF! It was only week 1 - plenty of time for them to make you happy by getting MUCH better or worse!

Back