Completely Random/ miscellanious thought??

BobKraftsCoozie

Reaction score
Seeing I am unable to find a more relavant thread to post this though in, I figure I might as well press my luck here.

My Rant:
Forgive me if I insult anyone here, but I was commuting to work today and almost caused a severe accident because I found myself gazing up at an overpass that had one of those signs on bed sheets ("Welcome Home PFC Jones", or "Betty Smith, Will you marry me?").
After a quick swerve off the road I was able to get back on track, and continue safely on my Journey. Does any one find this trend to be getting a bit rediculous? It was creative (tacky) the first time a guy asked his wife to marry him on a highway overpass. Now we have "Happy Birthday Kayla","Joe Shmoe for class president", "Honey, I'm sorry I banged your sister"....etc.
Someone is going to have put a stop to this. Some little kid spray paints an "FU" on the side of a conveniance store and spends everyday till he turns 18 feeling sorry for it. Some 30-year-old knuckhead decides to propose to his wife and hangs his dirty Bed sheet off the side of a bridge, and this is OK???
It looks like sh#t, Its distracting, and 9 times out of 10, it is something that is more approprietly said in a hallmark card.
Can we put an end to this??? Please???

PS, when does the regular season start???

:cuss: :cuss: :cuss: o:-)

Hehehehe

How about all those OJ lovers a few years back, when he was trying to escape in his white Bronco on the highway, and all the people hanging sheets over the little bridges saying "OJ we love you", and "OJ we're behind you"!

Sheet signs are kind of a military tradition. When I was stationed at Camp Lejeune all the spouses would make up sheet signs and hang them up along the highway. That way when the Marines were coming from the ship after a deployment they would see them on there way back to the base. Hence the "sheets" strung up on the over passes welcoming home Marines/Soldiers.

This is not to say that I don't appreciate your aggravation.

spiderman said:
Sheet signs are kind of a military tradition. When I was stationed at Camp Lejeune all the spouses would make up sheet signs and hang them up along the highway. That way when the Marines were coming from the ship after a deployment they would see them on there way back to the base. Hence the "sheets" strung up on the over passes welcoming home Marines/Soldiers.

This is not to say that I don't appreciate your aggravation.

I meant to add that it is not a knock the traditions of the "welcome home" for our soldiers. Unfortunately, since the Iraq invasion, it seems things are getting a bit out of control. I'd say 80% have nothing to do with a "welcome home" for the troops.

Is it like this in other areas of the country or just here?? I noticed it is particularly bad on the stretch of 93 North of Boston and 495 in the Merrimack Valley area.

BobKraftsCoozie said:
I
Is it like this in other areas of the country or just here?? I noticed it is particularly bad on the stretch of 93 North of Boston and 495 in the Merrimack Valley area.

Thats my neck of the woods...I see it everyday. i am suprised they allow that to happen.

The cups in the fence holes is the new thing I guess.. "I LOVE YOU VAL" :banghead:

I've seen all that on the South Shore too.

Another one to add to your list is when all the goofs are up there waving campaign signs for some bozo.

If I live in Hanover and some guy is running for dog officer in Weymouth it's kind of irrelevant if I beep or not as I pass under Rt 18 for a fleeting second as I'm flying down Rt 3. :)

PatsWin2002 said:
I've seen all that on the South Shore too.

Another one to add to your list is when all the goofs are up there waving campaign signs for some bozo.

If I live in Hanover and some guy is running for dog officer in Weymouth it's kind of irrelevant if I beep or not as I pass under Rt 18 for a fleeting second as I'm flying down Rt 3. :)

.....not to mention the fact that the candidate's volunteers are putting everyone on the highway in danger by distracting drivers.

I wish Kerry or Bush would address this :thumb:. I wonder what Bill Belichick's take on this issue is?

story.or.protest.ap.jpg

leeap-7-22-01-dc.jpg

21036.jpg

Enough already. I've never done used a highway overpass to tell my story. ;)

And what a great story it was???

What letter?

Jeebus.

Come on guys.

?

Too ignorant to be scared. So, what? Just charge head first into the teeth of fear?

This is bullshit.

But it's a lot of fun, in my head. Really like this guy here, me. I'd wanna hang out with him.

I guess i through the doors wide open and said, "Come on in. What's the news? Where ya been? Where you going?"

Didn't think anyone showed up to my parties.

Wait...

We on a new server yet?

Why? And What for?

Am invited?

Cause ya know, as Woody put it, 🤪 "I don't want to be a member of a club which would have me as a member".

Would you?

I mean, Christ. WHAT THE FUCK?

All is OK.

I'll be ok.

Just another Friday night.

Seriously. I dont know what's going on most of the time. Got it goin on though, anyway.

Gotta go. Sombich.

I gotta stop talking.

GiGi said so.

🤪

❤️

✌️

Oh yeah. 1 more thing. There's always one more thing with me.

So pardon me, but what freaking letter?

:)

Back