Concrats Red Soxs

Homers: a 1 run, 2 2 runs, a 3 run and a grand slam

That was hard to watch, but shitty umpires are part of the game. He won't be behind the plate again, fingers crossed for tonight.
What's interesting is the umpiring has been superb leading up to that game last night. Diaz was brutal. He should be removed from remaining postseason play.

Yeah, he loved that ball off the plate to righties all night. Pivetta also had a really nice tight curveball down the middle, low, and it was called a ball. Smoltz even said how nice the pitch was. Then came the Martinez call which was really the start of Diaz's lack of focus. It's almost like he favors his right eye over his left eye, and that's why he likes the ball off the plate on that side. Otherwise, I can't explain why he was so bad.

What's interesting is the umpiring has been superb leading up to that game last night. Diaz was brutal. He should be removed from remaining postseason play.
Yeah that would not upset me in the least. All the talk about the late innings is fine but the calls on Martinez earlier were the ones that really hurt. Would have been first and second with one out, ( I think) instead it's guy on first with two out

View: https://twitter.com/CelticsIn5/status/1450672511457370114/photo/1

Diaz was truly awful, the biggest botched call was in the 9th as what was said in the link. I really think it threw Eovaldi off his game, you could see how pissed he was when he turned back towards the mound after it was called a ball.

The truth is, they need to get this game out of their heads and move on, otherwise it's going to be an issue in this series and they could be in trouble.

Diaz was truly awful, the biggest botched call was in the 9th as what was said in the link. I really think it threw Eovaldi off his game, you could see how pissed he was when he turned back towards the mound after it was called a ball.
In all fairness, the guy screwed the pooch on the Houston pitchers several times as well. Just brutal, I hope he's in left field tonight.

In all fairness, the guy screwed the pooch on the Houston pitchers several times as well. Just brutal, I hope he's in left field tonight.
No doubt, he was terrible.

What happened the last 2 games was my fear of what might happen. Who knows, maybe they get it back in Game 6 and put all kinds of pressure on Houston in a Game 7.

My fears came true. The rushed/disinterested plate approach started in the middle of Game 4. They went cold there and I think they thought it was just going to happen with a win eventually in Game 4 with Game 5 a lock. They’ll likely
never admit it, but when your strength is explosive offense and then you can’t score in 3 straight games? You deserve to lose.

Back