Confirmed. Broncos v Pats. are we ready?

Reiss saw KT today running through the locker room. KT said he felt fine and appeared to be fine to Mike. The injury report comes out tomorrow. We could sure use one of Dobson or KT for Sunday.

Meh. The Broncos are the lesser of two AFC evils.

:shrug:

Yeah but you are not praying to the football Gods that Manning wins either...I would imagine its pretty far down on your list compared to your colts.

Doesnt Matter... NFC will win the SB

Defense is awsome...

Den-NE will be a great game...

But really who expecting an AFC win...

FWIW, I still think Dan Marino was better than both Manning or Brady.

As for being a great thrower of the ball, I think Sonny Jurgensen, Warren Moon, Aaron Rodgers, and Dan Marino are the best I have ever seen.

Defense is awsome...

Never a sure thing. I agree that the NFC teams are superior, but they're not THAT superior, and a lot of crazy things have happened in the Superbowl.

His opinion is fine, the problem I have is saying he is a pats fan and then defending Denver at every turn no matter what the situation is. I mean we have Denver fans on this board, we have colt fans on this board, and none of them pretend to be something they are not so it will look like Manning is just so godly that even a Pats fan would think he is the greatest ever. Its an old message board trick that I have seen as far back as there has been internet.
He a Denver fans pretending to be a pats fans. Not the first time I seen that on this board. Statically Manning is the better QB. If your counting the more important category wins. Bradys the only QB with a 100 wins then loses. He holds the record for most playoff victorys.

Good article by Erik Frenz that uses All22 to show how Pats can slow down PManning.

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/...n-peyton-manning-high-powered-broncos-offense

Was thinking about the run-a-dope today. Did Siliga play against the Broncos in the first game?
Doubt Denver would play the dope again anyway.

As stated in that article our dbs are the healthiest they have been this season. Add in Collins emergence and our pass defence is much improved. Don't see Collins on the TE Thomas -he is more of a wr than TE. But definately see #91 covering the field.

Think it will be a wild game....

Defense is awsome...

one thing for certain the only AFC team that's has a chance to win the SB is a BB led Patriots team. Peyton will choke harder than a 6 month old trying to eat a super size pizza...
Posted via Mobile Device

This guy brought up something on the radio tonight. Basically he said of course that Manning has to win this game or its really going to hurt him legacy wise, but its just so funny that after 15 years, all the bad games, all the losing in the playoffs, this one game is what will put him over the top because he beat an undermanned team at home with an all star cast? That just seems pretty funny to me.

This guy brought up something on the radio tonight. Basically he said of course that Manning has to win this game or its really going to hurt him legacy wise, but its just so funny that after 15 years, all the bad games, all the losing in the playoffs, this one game is what will put him over the top because he beat an undermanned team at home with an all star cast? That just seems pretty funny to me.

Honestly, for that very reason, I think the loss would hurt Manning more than the win would help him. Plus, as was mentioned above, the NFC team would SMOKE a Manning led team. At least the Pats would have a chance at game planning them in the SB.

Honestly, for that very reason, I think the loss would hurt Manning more than the win would help him. Plus, as was mentioned above, the NFC team would SMOKE a Manning led team. At least the Pats would have a chance at game planning them in the SB.

Its just so funny, I called the guy and said, so basically forget the last 15 years, this game and Manning is better, and he said, well something like that, so I asked why when Brady has 18 playoff wins, 5 superbowls 3 wins, etc etc, and he being a Eagles fan, want to guess what he said? The old faithful thing they go to when they have no argument....spygate. radio Host's name was Tom Byrne....

http://nypost.com/2014/01/14/how-tom-brady-got-to-10-4-vs-peyton-manning/

The Legacy Championship game Sunday in Denver will be downplayed by the protagonists, to no avail. The scoreboard reads “Tom Brady 10, Peyton Manning 4,” and this could very well be Manning’s last chance to settle the score to some degree and win a second Super Bowl championship that would change so much for him, and leave him one Lombardi Trophy behind Brady.
A game-by-game review of the High Noon showdowns that have whetted the nation’s appetite for the AFC Championship game, a.k.a Brady vs. Manning, a.k.a. Patriots vs. Broncos.
I. BRADY 44, MANNING 13 (Sept. 30, 2001)
Brady (13-for-23, 168 yards) was making his first start after Jets linebacker Mo Lewis knocked Drew Bledsoe out of the starting job the previous week.
“Drew said the most important thing was to go out there and have fun, because you’re as prepared as you’re going to be at that point,” Brady said.
Manning was intercepted three times, including pick-6s by Ty Law and Otis Smith, in his last game at antiquated Foxboro Stadium.
“I’m not going to miss this place,” Manning said. “We were just outplayed.”
Brady didn’t throw a TD pass or an interception.
“As a quarterback, you’re glad you’re not in situations where you have to throw every down,” Brady said. “It seemed like our day. It was one of those days where the ball bounced our way.”
II. BRADY 38, MANNING 17 (Oct. 21, 2001)
Brady (16-for-20, 202 yards, three TDs) rode a career game from WR David Patten, who became the first player since Walter Payton in 1979 to run, catch and pass for touchdowns in the same game. One of his two touchdown catches was a 91-yarder. Manning finished 22-for-34 for 335 yards and one TD.
“It’s about going out and executing our plays,” Brady said. “We executed them today.”
III. BRADY 38, MANNING 34 (Nov. 30, 2003)
Brady (26-for-35, 226 yards, two TDs, two INTs) prevailed over Manning (29-for-48, 278 yards, four TDs, one INT) thanks to his defense stuffing Edgerrin James fourth-and-goal at the 1 with 14 seconds left.
“We got to the 1 and I called timeout, thinking … we’re going to get in our goal-line offense and pound it in,” Manning said. “I go over and we don’t have goal-line. The whole team’s hurt. We had no fullback, no other tight ends. Everybody was in street clothes over there.”
IV. BRADY 24, MANNING 14 (Jan. 18, 2004, AFC Championship)
Modal Trigger
brad.jpg
Tom Brady celebrates the win.Photo: Reuters

Brady (22-for-37, 237 yards, one TD, one INT) handled the snow better and didn’t have to throw against Ty Law, who intercepted Manning (23-for-47, 237 yards, one TD, four INTs) three times.
“Any time you throw interceptions, it’s on the quarterback,’’ Manning said. “So, it was disappointing from my standpoint. I just made some bad throws, bad decisions.’’
His 35.5 QB rating was the third worst of his career.
V. BRADY 27, MANNING 24 (Sept. 9, 2004)
Brady (26-for-38, 335 yards, 3 TDs, INT) led the Pats to their 16th straight win as Willie McGinest sacked Manning (16-for-29, 256 yards, two TDs, one INT) for a 12-yard loss before Mike Vanderjagt missed a 38-yard field goal with 19 seconds left.
“You’re supposed to score when you get down there. We just made mistakes,” Manning said. “This stinks.”
VI, BRADY 20, MANNING 3 (Jan. 16, 2005, AFC divisional playoffs)
Another snow day, another notch in Brady’s cap (18-for-27, 144 yards, one TD).
“We made plays when we needed to,” Brady said.
Manning (27-for-42, 238 yards, one INT) dropped to 0-7 in Foxboro.
“When you have the opportunity, you want to take advantage of it,’’ Manning said. “This is my seventh year, and I’ve always played every year like it’s going to be your last. You play with a sense of urgency. I’ve heard guys talk about, ‘Well, next year …’ You just don’t know what’s going to happen next year. We’ll keep fighting and try to give ourselves a chance next year.’’
VII. MANNING 40, BRADY 21 (Nov. 7, 2005)
The 8-0 Colts silenced a Monday Night Foxboro crowd. Manning (28-for-37, 321 yards, three TDs, one INT) finally solves Bill Belichick and outguns Brady (22-for-33, 265 yards, three TDs).
“It’s funny,” Manning said. “They say, ‘You were focused more this week or whatever,’ but the last two playoff games here, we came in here real hot and we hadn’t punted for two games. This year, we came in, I spent last week dressed up as Elvis for Halloween.
“I hear, ‘I could tell you had the look in your eye.’ I don’t know what that means.”
VIII. MANNING 27, BRADY 20 (Nov. 5, 2006)
Manning’s third straight 300-yard game for the first time in his career led the Colts to another 8-0 start.
“We had them in a chase position most of the night,” Manning said. “That was part of the plan, and it worked out well for us.”
Brady (20-for-35, 201 yards, four INTs) was picked off twice by Cato June.
“They were around the ball,” Brady said. “They’ve got good aggressiveness on defense. They got their hands on it. They didn’t drop any.”
IX. MANNING 38, BRADY 34 (Jan. 21, 2007 AFC Championship game)
Modal Trigger
peyton3.jpg
Peyton Manning celebrates a Joseph Addai touchdown in the Colts’ comeback win.Photo: AP

Manning (27-for-47, 349 yards, one TD, one INT) caps a wild comeback from a 21-3 deficit at the RCA Dome with an 80-yard TD drive that began with 2:17 left. One back free of monkey at last.
“I don’t play that card,’’ Manning said. “I don’t get into monkeys and vindication. I know how hard I’ve worked this year. I know how hard I’ve worked this week.’’
X. BRADY 24, MANNING 20 (Nov. 4, 2007)
Brady’s 13-yard TD pass to Kevin Faulk made it 24-20 when Manning got the ball back at his 24 with 3:10 remaining. On third-and-9 at the Colts 49, Jarvis Green forced a Manning fumble that Roosevelt Colvin caught in midair.
“I was getting ready to throw it, and the guy knocked it out of my hand,’’ Manning said. “I guess the guy caught it. I didn’t really have a great view of it.’’
The Pats were on their way to 16-0.

More at link.

http://nypost.com/2014/01/14/how-tom-brady-got-to-10-4-vs-peyton-manning/

The Legacy Championship game Sunday in Denver will be downplayed by the protagonists, to no avail. The scoreboard reads “Tom Brady 10, Peyton Manning 4,” and this could very well be Manning’s last chance to settle the score to some degree and win a second Super Bowl championship that would change so much for him, and leave him one Lombardi Trophy behind Brady.
A game-by-game review of the High Noon showdowns that have whetted the nation’s appetite for the AFC Championship game, a.k.a Brady vs. Manning, a.k.a. Patriots vs. Broncos.
I. BRADY 44, MANNING 13 (Sept. 30, 2001)
Brady (13-for-23, 168 yards) was making his first start after Jets linebacker Mo Lewis knocked Drew Bledsoe out of the starting job the previous week.
“Drew said the most important thing was to go out there and have fun, because you’re as prepared as you’re going to be at that point,” Brady said.
Manning was intercepted three times, including pick-6s by Ty Law and Otis Smith, in his last game at antiquated Foxboro Stadium.
“I’m not going to miss this place,” Manning said. “We were just outplayed.”
Brady didn’t throw a TD pass or an interception.
“As a quarterback, you’re glad you’re not in situations where you have to throw every down,” Brady said. “It seemed like our day. It was one of those days where the ball bounced our way.”
II. BRADY 38, MANNING 17 (Oct. 21, 2001)
Brady (16-for-20, 202 yards, three TDs) rode a career game from WR David Patten, who became the first player since Walter Payton in 1979 to run, catch and pass for touchdowns in the same game. One of his two touchdown catches was a 91-yarder. Manning finished 22-for-34 for 335 yards and one TD.
“It’s about going out and executing our plays,” Brady said. “We executed them today.”
III. BRADY 38, MANNING 34 (Nov. 30, 2003)
Brady (26-for-35, 226 yards, two TDs, two INTs) prevailed over Manning (29-for-48, 278 yards, four TDs, one INT) thanks to his defense stuffing Edgerrin James fourth-and-goal at the 1 with 14 seconds left.
“We got to the 1 and I called timeout, thinking … we’re going to get in our goal-line offense and pound it in,” Manning said. “I go over and we don’t have goal-line. The whole team’s hurt. We had no fullback, no other tight ends. Everybody was in street clothes over there.”
IV. BRADY 24, MANNING 14 (Jan. 18, 2004, AFC Championship)
Modal Trigger
brad.jpg
Tom Brady celebrates the win.Photo: Reuters

Brady (22-for-37, 237 yards, one TD, one INT) handled the snow better and didn’t have to throw against Ty Law, who intercepted Manning (23-for-47, 237 yards, one TD, four INTs) three times.
“Any time you throw interceptions, it’s on the quarterback,’’ Manning said. “So, it was disappointing from my standpoint. I just made some bad throws, bad decisions.’’
His 35.5 QB rating was the third worst of his career.
V. BRADY 27, MANNING 24 (Sept. 9, 2004)
Brady (26-for-38, 335 yards, 3 TDs, INT) led the Pats to their 16th straight win as Willie McGinest sacked Manning (16-for-29, 256 yards, two TDs, one INT) for a 12-yard loss before Mike Vanderjagt missed a 38-yard field goal with 19 seconds left.
“You’re supposed to score when you get down there. We just made mistakes,” Manning said. “This stinks.”
VI, BRADY 20, MANNING 3 (Jan. 16, 2005, AFC divisional playoffs)
Another snow day, another notch in Brady’s cap (18-for-27, 144 yards, one TD).
“We made plays when we needed to,” Brady said.
Manning (27-for-42, 238 yards, one INT) dropped to 0-7 in Foxboro.
“When you have the opportunity, you want to take advantage of it,’’ Manning said. “This is my seventh year, and I’ve always played every year like it’s going to be your last. You play with a sense of urgency. I’ve heard guys talk about, ‘Well, next year …’ You just don’t know what’s going to happen next year. We’ll keep fighting and try to give ourselves a chance next year.’’
VII. MANNING 40, BRADY 21 (Nov. 7, 2005)
The 8-0 Colts silenced a Monday Night Foxboro crowd. Manning (28-for-37, 321 yards, three TDs, one INT) finally solves Bill Belichick and outguns Brady (22-for-33, 265 yards, three TDs).
“It’s funny,” Manning said. “They say, ‘You were focused more this week or whatever,’ but the last two playoff games here, we came in here real hot and we hadn’t punted for two games. This year, we came in, I spent last week dressed up as Elvis for Halloween.
“I hear, ‘I could tell you had the look in your eye.’ I don’t know what that means.”
VIII. MANNING 27, BRADY 20 (Nov. 5, 2006)
Manning’s third straight 300-yard game for the first time in his career led the Colts to another 8-0 start.
“We had them in a chase position most of the night,” Manning said. “That was part of the plan, and it worked out well for us.”
Brady (20-for-35, 201 yards, four INTs) was picked off twice by Cato June.
“They were around the ball,” Brady said. “They’ve got good aggressiveness on defense. They got their hands on it. They didn’t drop any.”
IX. MANNING 38, BRADY 34 (Jan. 21, 2007 AFC Championship game)
Modal Trigger
peyton3.jpg
Peyton Manning celebrates a Joseph Addai touchdown in the Colts’ comeback win.Photo: AP

Manning (27-for-47, 349 yards, one TD, one INT) caps a wild comeback from a 21-3 deficit at the RCA Dome with an 80-yard TD drive that began with 2:17 left. One back free of monkey at last.
“I don’t play that card,’’ Manning said. “I don’t get into monkeys and vindication. I know how hard I’ve worked this year. I know how hard I’ve worked this week.’’
X. BRADY 24, MANNING 20 (Nov. 4, 2007)
Brady’s 13-yard TD pass to Kevin Faulk made it 24-20 when Manning got the ball back at his 24 with 3:10 remaining. On third-and-9 at the Colts 49, Jarvis Green forced a Manning fumble that Roosevelt Colvin caught in midair.
“I was getting ready to throw it, and the guy knocked it out of my hand,’’ Manning said. “I guess the guy caught it. I didn’t really have a great view of it.’’
The Pats were on their way to 16-0.

More at link.

I just find it funny, that this game will settle the score if Peyton wins somehow....if Peyton wins this game, he will be 11-11 in the playoffs, Brady will be 18-8...It would mean Manning now moves up to 5-10 against Brady head to head....oh yeah...he really caught him if he wins.

Am I the only one slightly bothered at replacing the team names with Brady/Manning?

I get the point they're making but it kinda irritated me.

There were other players on the field you know... Quite a few good ones too ( on both sides.)

Am I the only one slightly bothered at replacing the team names with Brady/Manning?

I get the point they're making but it kinda irritated me.

There were other players on the field you know... Quite a few good ones too ( on both sides.)

Yeah and there were players there when Manning broke the TD record too, did you hear anything about them?

Back