Cooks not cookin'

Ande Ritten

Reaction score
Am i the only one concerned about Brandin Cooks thus far? I know it's only been two games, but i thought he would've been more effective, even at this early stage. I'm just eager for him to have that Randy Moss deep ball impact lol

Ande Ritten;2462118[B said:
]Am i the only one concerned about Brandin Cooks thus far?[/B] I know it's only been two games, but i thought he would've been more effective, even at this early stage. I'm just eager for him to have that Randy Moss deep ball impact lol

yes

Give it time, he'll earn TB12's trust soon enough and he'll start to see more balls coming his way.

No cause for concern just yet.

I thought it would take some time. Honestly, I am just glad he is healthy.

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Btw, welcome to the Planet, OP

Sent from my VS995 using Tapatalk

Long routes require 7 step drops, hold the ball, pass protection.

No thanks.

I don't want our 40 yr old GOAT taking anything unnecessary.

Sheesh! The kid hasn't even had a chance to break in his shoes yet.

I was expecting a few more catches I suppose but, Cooks is on pace for a 1k yard season. Oh, and his 25 YPC avg is stellar. Cooks also would have had at least 1 TD reception had Brady delivered the ball better to him.

In short ... I'm not at all worried about Cooks.

I was expecting more, but, so many injuries, he's trying to learn a new system...hopefully he stays healthy and able to contribute as much as possible.

Am i the only one concerned about Brandin Cooks thus far? I know it's only been two games, but i thought he would've been more effective, even at this early stage. I'm just eager for him to have that Randy Moss deep ball impact lol

Well no, the hot take radio hosts are right there with you.

Cooks is doing fine now and he'll be more productive as time goes on. By the playoffs, he'll really be cookin.

Expecting anyone to be Randy Moss near his prime is laughable.

He's probably caught fewer balls than I expected at this point but he's made some plays. You also can't fault him for the KC game. That was all on Brady and/or the play calling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think hes playing fine and he's made a couple of big plays when Brady has thrown his way. With Brady spreading the ball around pretty evenly it's not surprising Cooks hasn't had a real break out game yet. He does lead the WR's in yards.

Cooks 5 rec 125 yards
Hogan 6 rec 86 yards
White 11 rec 115 yards
Amendola 6 rec 100 yards
Gronk 8 rec 149 yards

I think hes playing fine and he's made a couple of big plays when Brady has thrown his way. With Brady spreading the ball around pretty evenly it's not surprising Cooks hasn't had a real break out game yet. He does lead the WR's in yards.

Cooks 5 rec 125 yards
Hogan 6 rec 86 yards
White 11 rec 115 yards
Amendola 6 rec 100 yards
Gronk 8 rec 149 yards

And three of the guys in that list may not be on the field this week, Cooks is going to get more looks just because the WR pool is getting shallow.

SSDD

He was brought in for deep threat, and he has done that, but since we lost everyone under, that kind of went away, so he is probably facing triple coverage at this point, so no, he is fine with me, and his role will open up to new things as the season goes, he has played only two games, and he has probably not seen single coverage. We get some guys back that will open up

Back