Coolest Car Ever?

Donald Trump's ride is the Mercedes SLR McClaren...617 horsepower and 455,000 dollars. Very sweet car, I went to the Nasdaq 100 tennis tournament down in Key Biscayne and stood right next to one...Awesome whip!!

71' Pantera Detomaso. One of my dream projects. With a Chevy motor ofcourse.

71_DeTomaso.jpg

Anybody checked out this rocket yet?

http://images.businessweek.com/ss/06/03/kcar/index_01.htm
The Koenigsegg CCX will hit U.S. streets this year. The world's fastest production car with 806 horses under the hood, it's the first Koenigsegg engineered to pass strict U.S. auto regulations. And for $722,534 (fully equipped and before taxes), you also get driving lessons from a former test car driver. Quick, take a look at the world's fastest car.

http://www.businessweek.com/autos/content/mar2006/bw20060324_835422.htm?campaign_id=netscape_autos

Jheavner said:
Yeah, I got one, too, and it gets about 10 mpg on a good day. but it for sure kicks ass.

When I was a kid, we had a 'cuda like that one as our family car. My dad also raced it on the weekends, and me and my sisters were his pit crew. I learned alot about taking care of cars from that.

It wasn't a hemi, but it had a souped up 340 that screached down the 1/4 mile at 11 seconds. Not bad for a family wagon:thumb: . We got in an accident one year and the 'cuda was totaled. It sucked. You don't see many of them on the roads today. So my dad bought a 1970 Challenger and converted it to a manual, took the 383 out of it, put the 340 from the 'cuda in and mended his broken heart. It was again our family car, but now that me and my sisters have since moved out, it is only for racing. The man puts all his love into that car. Last time he had it dyno tested it had about 425 horsepower. That was about 5 years ago, and he has since done a million more things to it. Good stuff.

Oh man, I went off, didn't I?

Not me. I grew up with a Mach 1 in the drive. 427 If memory serves correctly.

Now when I got my license from Bears Driving school in Brewer Maine, The instructor who was the daughter of the owner was also a mopar girl. We hit it off big time and Made quite a few unscheduled trips out to my folks place to switch vehicles.

I had a Challenger. 440 magnum. Four speed center stick with a in line shifter. It was green but the same car as the pic.

Back