Coronavirus

Inspector_50

Reaction score
All dramatically elevated during Covid lockdowns. But you're obviously OK with that, you support it.

My point is, consider all collateral damage and maybe be less dogmatic about masks and mandates, there is a price, and it's a very heavy price.

For example, I mentioned a family member that OD'd. Do you know why? Because she was booted from her rehabilitation facility due to Covid, and died at home about 5 minutes after her Zoom therapy meeting, face down on the keyboard. She was in the midst of OD'ing right through the ridiculous Zoom therapy session, and there wasn't a damn thing anyone could do about it. She needed help in a bad way, but the Covid lockdowns hit right when she had hit rock bottom and was committed...she spent about 4 days in rehab out of a 5 week program.

So yeah, I guess I can count 1 death due to Covid, and one death due to the lockdowns in my family.

Does that put me on some kind of holier than thou pedestal in the debate, because I can claim that mantle on both sides if I want to.
No, but I think some have no dealt with things so its hard for them to speak on it and tell someone else that what they know and think is not right even if it is to that person. I would hate to think now people are worried about mental illness, its been here all along. I am not sure if you can say on one hand, well covid did not affect me, so who cares and then say, well someone having a mental breakdown over a lock down affected me so that counts.

Big/Sky/Fly

We're All In This Psyop Together...
Reaction score

Inspector_50

Reaction score
That's why he died...the ventilator did it.

Yeah thats not what did it, but thanks for your concern. He would have died as well without he ventilator as he would with it. He couldnt breath. His lungs were swollen to a point that it was cutting off his air supply BEFORE the ventilator. He died from complications from covid.

Big/Sky/Fly

We're All In This Psyop Together...
Reaction score
Yeah thats not what did it, but thanks for your concern. He would have died as well without he ventilator as he would with it. He couldnt breath. His lungs were swollen to a point that it was cutting off his air supply BEFORE the ventilator. He died from complications from covid.
:coffee:

Inspector_50

Reaction score

PatsFan09

Done. And. Done.
Reaction score
Oh please dont let the door hit you. You have already been blocked and I hate doing that. Its one thing to spew your BS, its another to lecture me on the country trying to fend off a virus that is killing people because of some conspiracy BS
of taking away our freedoms because they want us to wear a freaking mask.

Midgar, you were banned for posting the way you post now.

You should honestly leave this site. I have no idea why you post at a place you were once banned from and where you cause so many problems.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

OP
Baron Samedi

Baron Samedi

Russian Bot 762X54R
Reaction score
No, but I think some have no dealt with things so its hard for them to speak on it and tell someone else that what they know and think is not right even if it is to that person. I would hate to think now people are worried about mental illness, its been here all along. I am not sure if you can say on one hand, well covid did not affect me, so who cares and then say, well someone having a mental breakdown over a lock down affected me so that counts.
Just an FYI...you can look up the increases in divorce, spousal abuse, suicide and all that if you like or you doubt it.

We are human beings, we are social animals, and there will always be people who are walking a thin line even in the best of times. These days, with lockdowns, it makes depression deeper, and so on, but the worst part of it is, that all of the social safety nets we put in place over decades, are all gone during lockdown. People who need help cannot get it. Zoom doesn't cut it for people who are really in trouble. Those people die.

The question, I guess, if saving lives is your only concern...how many lives are saved vs how many are lost that otherwise would have been saved. But, you should at least acknowledge that there is no place for alcoholics and drug addicts to go to right nor, nor is there places for people who suffer from spousal abuse or depression...all those places are closed. All they can get is a face on a computer screen. People in deep need require more.

That's all I'm saying.

Had you asked me two years ago, I probably never would have considered this. Personal experience has shown me the cost. On the other hand, I have also lost one to Covid. I see both sides. I choose freedom and liberty with it's cost, over authoritarianism and restrictions, and it's cost.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Just an FYI...you can look up the increases in divorce, spousal abuse, suicide and all that if you like or you doubt it.

We are human beings, we are social animals, and there will always be people who are walking a thin line even in the best of times. These days, with lockdowns, it makes depression deeper, and so on, but the worst part of it is, that all of the social safety nets we put in place over decades, are all gone during lockdown. People who need help cannot get it. Zoom doesn't cut it for people who are really in trouble. Those people die.

The question, I guess, if saving lives is your only concern...how many lives are saved vs how many are lost that otherwise would have been saved. But, you should at least acknowledge that there is no place for alcoholics and drug addicts to go to right nor, nor is there places for people who suffer from spousal abuse or depression...all those places are closed. All they can get is a face on a computer screen. People in deep need require more.

That's all I'm saying.

Had you asked me two years ago, I probably never would have considered this. Personal experience has shown me the cost. On the other hand, I have also lost one to Covid. I see both sides. I choose freedom and liberty with it's cost, over authoritarianism and restrictions, and it's cost.
I understand what could come from it, but I also understand the need to stay safe. As people like to say that you die from covid if you have another condition I imagine its not uncommon that if someone commits suicide
they probably had other issues going on mentally. I do not think you should lock down the world but I also do not feel at least in my area that they are. I am not stopped from coming and going anywhere I want. This is not really about choosing to me, things have to be done to keep people safe, but as you said it goes both ways. You cannot just stop life either, but I am not dealing with that part. I have not been locked in my house by anyone and I have not been not allowed to go to the store. Yeah I am told to wear a mask, but I don't find that part something that should cause you much mental disruption.

O_P_T

Why Be Normal
Reaction score
I am not posting the following as proof of anything, just an interesting study:

Actual COVID-19 Cases Could Be 6 Times Greater Than Official Figures​

If that's true, then the mortality rate is reduced by a factor of 6.

Back in late July, the CDC reported it was likely 10 times as high.

This isn't rocket surgery, the case numbers are based on positive test results. For the vast majority of the population, only those who show symptoms get tested. So the asymptomatic cases never get tested.

The idea that the actual number of cases exceeds the results of testing isn't surprising, it's expected. What would be surprising is if there weren't more cases than what testing has revealed.

If the 10 times # the CDC reported is correct, that means the mortality rate in the US isn't the "official" 2% , but 0.2%.

That's pretty much what the flu mortality rate was in 2017-18

From the CDC

The overall burden of influenza for the 2017-2018 season was an estimated 45 million influenza illnesses, 21 million influenza-associated medical visits, 810,000 influenza-related hospitalizations, and 61,000 influenza-associated death

O_P_T

Why Be Normal
Reaction score

That's all I'm saying.

You don't have to do that, you can look at this post of mine.

The CDC reported in October, that there have been 299,000 excess deaths in the US this year and 2/3 were from COVID.

Now if you read the whole article, they try to spin it that the extra 100,000 odd people who have died may have died from COVID, and we simply don't have the test results to prove it, but I'm skeptical of that, specifically due to the part in bold.

If you look at the distribution of deaths from COVID it is highly skewed towards the older population, 65+.

So I don't think that somehow all those people 25-44 had COVID and no one thought to test them for it.

No, the more likely explanation for those ~100,000 deaths is the impact of the lockdowns, and that people stopped getting much of the normal health care they otherwise would have.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
You don't have to do that, you can look at this post of mine.
Yeah thats it, nobody died. I will let my friends wife and daughter know that two guys on a message board disagreed with the doctors. What a freaking joke.

I will just use this instead.

O_P_T

Why Be Normal
Reaction score
Yeah thats it, nobody died. I will let my friends wife and daughter know that two guys on a message board disagreed with the doctors. What a freaking joke.

I will just use this instead.

wow, reading comprehension fail much?

did my quoted post say no one died?

no it clearly said ~300K excess deaths occurred in the US through October and 2/3 of them were attributed to COVID.

did I dispute the 200K COVID death number?

no, I pointed out the additional 100K deaths and that they can most likely be attributed to the lockdowns and the shut down of normal health care due to COVID concerns.

tell me, are these additional 100K deaths OK because they were’t due to COVID?

will you tell the friends and families of those 100K people thats it OK they died because we had to “flatten the curve”?

I’ll wait. Let me know when you’ve contacted all of them.

shecolt

Reaction score
I recently read an article from a local news source (link below). It listed regulations set up by some states in regard to incoming travel from other states.

Since I think some of you live in Massachusetts, I'm posting the portion that pertains to that state because I have a question that some of you may be able to answer. It may be a dumb question, but I am curious.

People traveling to Massachusetts must complete a Massachusetts travel form and either quarantine for 14 days or produce a negative COVID-19 test that has been administered up to 72 hours prior to the person’s arrival in the state.

My question revolves around how this is enforced. So, let's say that I was traveling to Boston (a city that is on my bucket list, btw). I can see that it may be fairly easy to have me complete a travel form if I arrived at an airport, bus terminal, or train station. However, if I jumped in my vehicle tomorrow and headed to Boston; how would they know whether or not I have completed a travel form? Although it's possible, I seriously doubt that road blocks have been set up. So, do they just pull over every vehicle with an out-of-state license plate? Or, do they only worry about travelers coming via public transportation?

Inspector_50

Reaction score
wow, reading comprehension fail much?

did my quoted post say no one died?

no it clearly said ~300K excess deaths occurred in the US through October and 2/3 of them were attributed to COVID.

did I dispute the 200K COVID death number?

no, I pointed out the additional 100K deaths and that they can most likely be attributed to the lockdowns and the shut down of normal health care due to COVID concerns.

tell me, are these additional 100K deaths OK because they were’t due to COVID?

will you tell the friends and families of those 100K people thats it OK they died because we had to “flatten the curve”?

I’ll wait. Let me know when you’ve contacted all of them.
Yeah I don't really care what you or the others think about covid, does it exist, does it not, why its taking away your rights, blah blah blah. I am going to go back and laugh at the Kraken talk some more, so you guys can have your oppressed pity part about being asked to social distance and wear a mask. Good luck to you. I mean its cute and all, but I am going to go ahead and take the word of real doctors and not Message board guys on what is killing people. Thanks though, really I mean it. By the way Donnie Jr has covid now.

Last edited:

Inspector_50

Reaction score
I recently read an article from a local news source (link below). It listed regulations set up by some states in regard to incoming travel from other states.

Since I think some of you live in Massachusetts, I'm posting the portion that pertains to that state because I have a question that some of you may be able to answer. It may be a dumb question, but I am curious.

People traveling to Massachusetts must complete a Massachusetts travel form and either quarantine for 14 days or produce a negative COVID-19 test that has been administered up to 72 hours prior to the person’s arrival in the state.

My question revolves around how this is enforced. So, let's say that I was traveling to Boston (a city that is on my bucket list, btw). I can see that it may be fairly easy to have me complete a travel form if I arrived at an airport, bus terminal, or train station. However, if I jumped in my vehicle tomorrow and headed to Boston; how would they know whether or not I have completed a travel form? Although it's possible, I seriously doubt that road blocks have been set up. So, do they just pull over every vehicle with an out-of-state license plate? Or, do they only worry about travelers coming via public transportation?

I'm not sure what things they are doing in every state, but I have to say, if you have covid I damn sure do not want you coming into the state I live in. If they feel they need to test you before coming in, oh well. Just go visit the whitehouse, they all already had it.

johnlocke

Reaction score

Well, I have similar questions. I'm in NH and my mom is MA but haven't dared go down there cuz of the NH license plate. Not sure how anyone would know if I quarantine for 14 days.