Coronavirus

Coltsfan2theend

Custom Titles, we don't need no custom titles
Reaction score
I recently read an article from a local news source (link below). It listed regulations set up by some states in regard to incoming travel from other states.

Since I think some of you live in Massachusetts, I'm posting the portion that pertains to that state because I have a question that some of you may be able to answer. It may be a dumb question, but I am curious.

People traveling to Massachusetts must complete a Massachusetts travel form and either quarantine for 14 days or produce a negative COVID-19 test that has been administered up to 72 hours prior to the person’s arrival in the state.

My question revolves around how this is enforced. So, let's say that I was traveling to Boston (a city that is on my bucket list, btw). I can see that it may be fairly easy to have me complete a travel form if I arrived at an airport, bus terminal, or train station. However, if I jumped in my vehicle tomorrow and headed to Boston; how would they know whether or not I have completed a travel form? Although it's possible, I seriously doubt that road blocks have been set up. So, do they just pull over every vehicle with an out-of-state license plate? Or, do they only worry about travelers coming via public transportation?

I have wondered what area of Indiana you hailed from. WANE is owned by teh company that owns the station I work for.

As for Corona, so far I have known around ten (maybe a few more) that have gotten from family, work, friends, or people in my neighborhood. A guy in my neighborhood died from it, but I really don't know details about him. A friend was in the ICU with it and pneumonia, he is home now. A coworker was hospitalized for a few days due to fever. He is fine now. Apparently a cousin has it and a few other family members. The family members in Kentucky live in assisted living so I'm not surprised they got it being communal living. They are in rehab but okay apparently. The rest of the people I know who got it described it as a bad cold/flu at the worst. Most described it as an annoying cold that they couldn't get rid of.

PatriotInIndy

I Do My Job
Reaction score
"The government has agreed to pay injury compensation benefits to nearly 3,500 federal employees on grounds that they contracted the novel coronavirus while at work, and has granted death benefits to survivors of 14 employees for that reason.” https://t.co/RgXPJTxOEy

It's almost like rushing to reopen federal agencies with no plan was a bad idea.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

johnlocke

Reaction score
"The Food and Drug Administration Thursday issued an emergency use authorization for Eli Lilly’s rheumatoid arthritis drug baricitinib and remdesivir for coronavirus treatment, the first drug combination authorized by the FDA as a therapeutic for the virus."

Gee, how "generous, kind and permissive" of them.

foobahl

Reaction score

I don't understand the issue with this. $455 billion has gone unused and Mnuchin wants to put it to use in other covid programs. Biden and company can make the laws they want next year. In the meantime that program would lapse for 20 days until he is inaugurated.

johnlocke

Reaction score
This has been a political football from the start. Yes, it's it's a real illness, no the vast majority won't die, and most won't even be sick or minimally so, as has been born out.

Complete power play, mostly by the left but some on the right are complicit as well.

"Biden will propose a “national surveillance system” for COVID testing and contact-tracing."

What "Science" are they are referring to, cuz the "Scientists" they keep quoting are all on the government payroll and care little for the scientific method, mostly about their funding and agenda's much like many clime "Scientists".

WTF?

Last edited:

johnlocke

Reaction score
One of Biden's Covid task force appointees wants to borrow against all of our savings in the banks and send out "stimulus" checks. I heard the words come out of the guy's mouth so there you go. When the loan defaults we will be out of our savings...poof.

HSanders

omitted out of respect to Mrs.Jastremski
Reaction score
"The government has agreed to pay injury compensation benefits to nearly 3,500 federal employees on grounds that they contracted the novel coronavirus while at work, and has granted death benefits to survivors of 14 employees for that reason.” https://t.co/RgXPJTxOEy

It's almost like rushing to reopen federal agencies with no plan was a bad idea.

I wondered how they were proving they got it at work. They don't have to.
I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. What a waste of taxpayer money.

However, employees in front-line occupations such as law enforcement and medical care generally remained at their regular work sites. For such positions, the FECA program set a policy that a case of covid-19, the disease the virus causes, will be presumed to be work-related;

Last edited:

johnlocke

Reaction score
I wondered how they were proving they got it at work. They don't have to.
I'm sorry, but this is ridiculous. What a waste of taxpayer money.

And 90% of them don't have legit jobs anyway. 90% of federal government agencies are not just, valid nor necessary.

johnlocke

Reaction score
Won't be able to go see my mom for a while Cuz as She Colt posted MA just instituted a 14 day quarantine for anyone entering the state from NH or ME.

I am QUITE interested to see how that Communist state plans on enforcing that.

I mean you gotta have papers or tests saying your clear now to travel in that state.

This is the same shit, travel papers, that Soviet Russia, Hitler's Germany and Communist China all require.

And fuckers are just laying down for this.

What the hell is wrong with people.

johnlocke

Reaction score
Oh and the mass murderer that is Gov. Cuomo just won an Emmy for his Covid press briefings.

Seriously, what the hell is wrong with people?

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
Won't be able to go see my mom for a while Cuz as She Colt posted MA just instituted a 14 day quarantine for anyone entering the state from NH or ME.

I mean you gotta have papers or tests saying your clear now to travel in that state.

This is the same shit, travel papers, that Soviet Russia, Hitler's Germany and Communist China all require.

If you go and read the details it's not as bad as it sounds at first. There are all kinds of exceptions and I don't plan for it to affect my plans going to MA for Thanksgiving.

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
I am going to hang my hat on this. I will 'plan' to quarantine and then...

Leaving Massachusetts Prior to Completion of Quarantine

A traveler may choose to leave Massachusetts before the completion of his or her 14-day quarantine.

Sent from my Commodore VIC 20 using Tapatalk

patsload

Unregistered User
Reaction score
If you go and read the details it's not as bad as it sounds at first. There are all kinds of exceptions and I don't plan for it to affect my plans going to MA for Thanksgiving.
When Maine was closed to MA people in the summer but open to NH residents we went to our favorite beach and there were tons of MA plates in the parking lot. It wasn't like they had State troopers at the border.

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
Yeah this MA stuff is complete bullshit. They want a travel form if you don't meet any of the exceptions. If you don't submit the form and travel there, the fine could be up to $500 per day.

The form includes your address and the address you are going to. And yet, one of the options on the form is this...

I will quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Massachusetts or for the duration of my stay if fewer than 14 days

So... The duration of my stay is 3 hours. It's silly with awful big brother overtones.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Yeah this MA stuff is complete bullshit. They want a travel form if you don't meet any of the exceptions. If you don't submit the form and travel there, the fine could be up to $500 per day.

The form includes your address and the address you are going to. And yet, one of the options on the form is this...

I will quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Massachusetts or for the duration of my stay if fewer than 14 days

So... The duration of my stay is 3 hours. It's silly with awful big brother overtones.

We literally have nothing like that around here. Nothing even close.

Reaction score

Pennsylvania's Governor instituted the same policy on people coming from NJ, unless you are a regular commuter?? So commuters don;t carry the virus?? What a stupid policy