Coronavirus

johnlocke

Reaction score
Pennsylvania's Governor instituted the same policy on people coming from NJ, unless you are a regular commuter?? So commuters don;t carry the virus?? What a stupid policy

I know, right!? This is completely arbitrary crap.

And , to paraphrase a bit of what UT said and he's not prone to hyperbole, Big Brother is basically on the march in some of these states.

Undertaker #59*

Car'a'carn
Staff member
Reaction score
I found my loophole for this particular stupidity.

May travelers from places other than lower-risk states be exempt from the Travel Order requirements if traveling for the purpose of running errands like going to the grocery store or pharmacy?

Travelers are exempt from the requirements to fill out the Travel Form and self-quarantine or obtain a negative COVID-19 test result if their travel is limited to brief trips for purposes that the Commissioner has designated as Critical Life Activities.

1. Certain Critical Life Activities: grocery shopping, visits to pharmacies, attending appointments with licensed health care providers, including medical, dental, or mental health, visiting persons receiving treatment in hospitals or residing in congregate care facilities, attendance at day care or children’s camps, attending religious services, and funerals or memorial services, or attending to the care needs of a family member.

As far as I am concerned, bringing food to my high risk elderly mother in law is care needs of a family member. No quarantine and no government tracking required.

PatsFan09

Done. And. Done.
Reaction score
Yeah this MA stuff is complete bullshit. They want a travel form if you don't meet any of the exceptions. If you don't submit the form and travel there, the fine could be up to $500 per day.

The form includes your address and the address you are going to. And yet, one of the options on the form is this...

I will quarantine for 14 days upon arrival in Massachusetts or for the duration of my stay if fewer than 14 days

So... The duration of my stay is 3 hours. It's silly with awful big brother overtones.

Sent from my Commodore VIC 20 using Tapatalk

Liberals out of control.
And yes, Baker included.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Reaction score
I know, right!? This is completely arbitrary crap.

And , to paraphrase a bit of what UT said and he's not prone to hyperbole, Big Brother is basically on the march in some of these states.
Pennsylvania is unique in that there are two very blue urban centers (Philly,Pittsburgh, duh) and a very red rural center.. Many school districts shut down for opening of hunting season and the rural areas were not happy with prior shutdown. Our Secretary of Health is a trained pediatrician who treats us like children. Had a meeting with her several years ago on an unrelated issue and came out telling people that I prayed we never had to deal with her again.. Nope, she is runing point for the governor with arbitrary decisons on what is essential and what is not.....

O_P_T

Why Be Normal
Reaction score
We literally have nothing like that around here. Nothing even close.

You claim you're from California, here's what the California HHS says

Travel Advisory for Non-Essential Travel [1]

1. Persons arriving in California from other states or countries, including returning California residents, should practice self-quarantine for 14 days after arrival. These persons should limit their interactions to their immediate household. This recommendation does not apply to individuals who cross state or country borders for essential travel. [2]

2. Californians are encouraged to stay home or in their region and avoid non-essential travel to other states or countries. Avoiding travel can reduce the risk of virus transmission and bringing the virus back to California.

Seems "close" to me.

johnlocke

Reaction score
Pennsylvania is unique in that there are two very blue urban centers (Philly,Pittsburgh, duh) and a very red rural center.. Many school districts shut down for opening of hunting season and the rural areas were not happy with prior shutdown. Our Secretary of Health is a trained pediatrician who treats us like children. Had a meeting with her several years ago on an unrelated issue and came out telling people that I prayed we never had to deal with her again.. Nope, she is runing point for the governor with arbitrary decisons on what is essential and what is not.....

Oh, I am so sorry. I've been watching her and she's kinda no good.

Reaction score
Oh, I am so sorry. I've been watching her and she's kinda no good.
She shut us down for 11 weeks and reluctantly let us reopen even though we had PPE, UV lights, HEPA filters and all reasonable precautions.. Restaurants are limited to 25 % capacity and are dying.....Small businesses were crippled at their expense while Amazon, Lowes and Home Depots of the world thrive.....I fear they will try to shut us again.......Unlike last time, there will be strong opposition and civil disobedience..... Remember the two cities of the American Revolution were Boston and Philly....... Mayor of Philly banned indoor dining but got caught dining indoors out of state.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
You claim you're from California, here's what the California HHS says

Seems "close" to me.
I'm just telling you, I can come and go as I please. I am not locked down anywhere, I am not forced into anything. Not sure what to tell you. Literally just got back from the part with the grand kids. I am not saying its like that everywhere because I dont live everywhere. I find that it would be difficult to enforce to be honest, but I just know what goes on in my area here, thats it.

Here let me help a bit...ready?

"These persons should limit their interactions to their immediate household. This recommendation does not apply to individuals who cross state or country borders for essential travel." [2]
"
Californians are encouraged to stay home or in their region and avoid non-essential travel to other states or countries. Avoiding travel can reduce the risk of virus transmission and bringing the virus back to California.

Got it now? When they do a law, they do not really say, he we encourage you not to commit murder, and its recommended not to rape.

From what I can tell some of you do not come off as folks who would not do something based on a recommendation or encouragement.

Last edited:

shecolt

Reaction score
I'm not sure what things they are doing in every state, but I have to say, if you have covid I damn sure do not want you coming into the state I live in. If they feel they need to test you before coming in, oh well. Just go visit the whitehouse, they all already had it.

I don't know if you meant to use "you" directly or figuratively, but either way I don't understand why you felt it was needed. My post merely expressed curiousity regarding the implementation of regulations. I never said that I thought it was okay for anyone with COVID to enter another state. None of my previous posts have even come to close to that. To the contrary, they have shown how seriously I am taking COVID. So, I am going to take the time to make it VERY clear to you why I found your post insulting and disgusting. (My apologies to all of you who have already read most of what I am about to say.)

I have a 5 year-old granddaughter who received a multivisceral (small & large intestines, stomach, pancreas, and liver) transplant at the age of 19 mos. We knew from the second day of her life that the only chance she had to live a somewhat normal life was to have this transplant. Words can't describe how hard it was for me to hope and pray for this transplant while also knowing that it would mean that another baby or small child would have to lose his/her life.

This little girl was so sick and weak that she couldn't even sit up unassisted prior to the transplant. The transplant team said that the most difficult part of the surgery was removing her liver because it was so brittle . . . an affect caused by the TPN which kept her alive, but was also slowly killing her.

Since March, my granddaughter has been to two different places outside of her own home. That is why I have posted about my husband and I deciding to isolate ourselves as much as possible in order to give her a safe place to go. That is why I have posted about wearing a mask long before most did. That is why I have posted my concern that some may think that merely wearing a cloth mask is enough to keep them from contracting COVID or giving it to others. That is why I have posted about the self-imposed restrictions that I have undertaken. My granddaughter is one for whom COVID could easily prove fatal. I have taken extreme measures because I would consider anything less to be negligence on my part.

The other place she has been is the hospital because she needs to have blood draws to be sure that her meds are working. She is one of the reasons I posted about my concern that health care workers aren't regularly tested. It doesn't give me a warm, fuzzy feeling to think that the person drawing her blood may have COVID.

I have gone out of my way to be polite to everyone here. So, I am asking that you never insult me like this again in regards to COVID because I do have claws and you have made them extend.

shecolt

Reaction score
I have wondered what area of Indiana you hailed from. WANE is owned by teh company that owns the station I work for.

As for Corona, so far I have known around ten (maybe a few more) that have gotten from family, work, friends, or people in my neighborhood. A guy in my neighborhood died from it, but I really don't know details about him. A friend was in the ICU with it and pneumonia, he is home now. A coworker was hospitalized for a few days due to fever. He is fine now. Apparently a cousin has it and a few other family members. The family members in Kentucky live in assisted living so I'm not surprised they got it being communal living. They are in rehab but okay apparently. The rest of the people I know who got it described it as a bad cold/flu at the worst. Most described it as an annoying cold that they couldn't get rid of.
I'm southeast of Fort Wayne and about 8 miles from the Indiana/Ohio state line. It's interesting to know of your connections to WANE TV.

As for COVID, I know people who have passed, people who have been hospitalized, and people who were able to stay home and live through it. I also know a young man who would never have known he had COVID if it hadn't been for his wife commenting about their son's stinky diaper. When he said he couldn't smell anything, she said . . . you have COVID. Sure enough, he did. But that was the only symptom he ever had.

johnlocke

Reaction score
I don't know if you meant to use "you" directly or figuratively, but either way I don't understand why you felt it was needed. My post merely expressed curiousity regarding the implementation of regulations. I never said that I thought it was okay for anyone with COVID to enter another state. None of my previous posts have even come to close to that. To the contrary, they have shown how seriously I am taking COVID. So, I am going to take the time to make it VERY clear to you why I found your post insulting and disgusting. (My apologies to all of you who have already read most of what I am about to say.)

I have a 5 year-old granddaughter who received a multivisceral (small & large intestines, stomach, pancreas, and liver) transplant at the age of 19 mos. We knew from the second day of her life that the only chance she had to live a somewhat normal life was to have this transplant. Words can't describe how hard it was for me to hope and pray for this transplant while also knowing that it would mean that another baby or small child would have to lose his/her life.

This little girl was so sick and weak that she couldn't even sit up unassisted prior to the transplant. The transplant team said that the most difficult part of the surgery was removing her liver because it was so brittle . . . an affect caused by the TPN which kept her alive, but was also slowly killing her.

Since March, my granddaughter has been to two different places outside of her own home. That is why I have posted about my husband and I deciding to isolate ourselves as much as possible in order to give her a safe place to go. That is why I have posted about wearing a mask long before most did. That is why I have posted my concern that some may think that merely wearing a cloth mask is enough to keep them from contracting COVID or giving it to others. That is why I have posted about the self-imposed restrictions that I have undertaken. My granddaughter is one for whom COVID could easily prove fatal. I have taken extreme measures because I would consider anything less to be negligence on my part.

The other place she has been is the hospital because she needs to have blood draws to be sure that her meds are working. She is one of the reasons I posted about my concern that health care workers aren't regularly tested. It doesn't give me a warm, fuzzy feeling to think that the person drawing her blood may have COVID.

I have gone out of my way to be polite to everyone here. So, I am asking that you never insult me like this again in regards to COVID because I do have claws and you have made them extend.

I hope she and all of you are doing well hun. I think of her often.

Reaction score

I am a relative newbie to this Board having migrated over from the other Patriots' fan site but SheColt I want to give you the perspective of a donor parent. Don't think of it as another child had to die, but rather some good comes out of another child who would have died anyhow. 27 years ago our son died as a result of med mal, circumstances don't matter I don't feel like recounting them but there is no pain greater than standing over the grave of your child. Standing in that hospital room, we asked if he could donate his organs. Both kidneys went to children on dialysis, his heart valves were donated and both his liver and intestines were donated to a child on death's door, at the time only the second intestine transplant ever attempted.. For us, it was a silver lining to a tragedy knowing that five or more children would have a chance at a normal life and have a chance to grow up.. I write this, not for pity or sympathy but looking at someone, you don't know who is immunocompromised or at much higher risk should they be exposed to the virus. I wish everyone would just wear a mask ( and cover your nose). It is not too heavy a burden to get past this virus and hopefully get back to some semblance of normalcy. I pray for your grandchild and all those who have benefited from donors....

Inspector_50

Reaction score

figuratively

Providence Colt

Reaction score
I am a relative newbie to this Board having migrated over from the other Patriots' fan site but SheColt I want to give you the perspective of a donor parent. Don't think of it as another child had to die, but rather some good comes out of another child who would have died anyhow. 27 years ago our son died as a result of med mal, circumstances don't matter I don't feel like recounting them but there is no pain greater than standing over the grave of your child. Standing in that hospital room, we asked if he could donate his organs. Both kidneys went to children on dialysis, his heart valves were donated and both his liver and intestines were donated to a child on death's door, at the time only the second intestine transplant ever attempted.. For us, it was a silver lining to a tragedy knowing that five or more children would have a chance at a normal life and have a chance to grow up.. I write this, not for pity or sympathy but looking at someone, you don't know who is immunocompromised or at much higher risk should they be exposed to the virus. I wish everyone would just wear a mask ( and cover your nose). It is not too heavy a burden to get past this virus and hopefully get back to some semblance of normalcy. I pray for your grandchild and all those who have benefited from donors....
Hey PFiP, great to see you! I remember your story from that other place! Hope all is well with you guys during this holiday season! Agreed on mask wearing non-burden!

RoadNasty

This Train'll Stop at Tucumcari
Reaction score

Big/Sky/Fly

We're All In This Psyop Together...
Reaction score
Yeah I don't really care what you or the others think about covid, does it exist, does it not, why its taking away your rights, blah blah blah. I am going to go back and laugh at the Kraken talk some more, so you guys can have your oppressed pity part about being asked to social distance and wear a mask. Good luck to you. I mean its cute and all, but I am going to go ahead and take the word of real doctors and not Message board guys on what is killing people. Thanks though, really I mean it. By the way Donnie Jr has covid now.
Better bubble up...

Big/Sky/Fly

We're All In This Psyop Together...
Reaction score
I'm southeast of Fort Wayne and about 8 miles from the Indiana/Ohio state line. It's interesting to know of your connections to WANE TV.

As for COVID, I know people who have passed, people who have been hospitalized, and people who were able to stay home and live through it. I also know a young man who would never have known he had COVID if it hadn't been for his wife commenting about their son's stinky diaper. When he said he couldn't smell anything, she said . . . you have COVID. Sure enough, he did. But that was the only symptom he ever had.
I have an uncle and a few cousins that moved to Fort Wayne. How do you like it there?