Coronavirus

Status
Not open for further replies.

king of kings

All Hail
Reaction score
A judge ruled in favor of restaurant over the mask mandate :toast: .
WKBN.com: ‘We aren’t wearing them’: Ohio restaurant wins case against health department over masks.
An Ashland County judge sided with a restaurant owner in her case against the county health department.

The Ashland County Health Department suspended the food service license of Cattleman’s Restaurant in Savannah in July 2020 because they were not wearing masks.

Owner Mandy Close filed a lawsuit, and a judge granted a temporary restraining order to allow the restaurant to remain open while the case was pending in court.
The ruling was released Tuesday, saying in part, “This case was initiated due to what this Court finds to be improper conduct on the part of the Director of the Ashland County Department of Health
Close told the FOX 8 I-Team she is “thrilled” with the judge’s decision.

“I think it’s just great,” Close said. “We have not been wearing masks and we aren’t wearing them now.”

Close says she placed a sign on the door alerting customers that the servers will not have masks on and not to come in if they felt unsafe

Inspector_50

Reaction score
A judge ruled in favor of restaurant over the mask mandate :toast: .
WKBN.com: ‘We aren’t wearing them’: Ohio restaurant wins case against health department over masks.
An Ashland County judge sided with a restaurant owner in her case against the county health department.

The Ashland County Health Department suspended the food service license of Cattleman’s Restaurant in Savannah in July 2020 because they were not wearing masks.

Owner Mandy Close filed a lawsuit, and a judge granted a temporary restraining order to allow the restaurant to remain open while the case was pending in court.
The ruling was released Tuesday, saying in part, “This case was initiated due to what this Court finds to be improper conduct on the part of the Director of the Ashland County Department of Health
Close told the FOX 8 I-Team she is “thrilled” with the judge’s decision.

“I think it’s just great,” Close said. “We have not been wearing masks and we aren’t wearing them now.”

Close says she placed a sign on the door alerting customers that the servers will not have masks on and not to come in if they felt unsafe
Its always good when people advertise that they are idiots, so we know who to avoid. Hey come on in so you can get sick or pass sickness on to others. We love you!!!

Coltsfan2theend

Custom Titles, we don't need no custom titles
Reaction score
Its always good when people advertise that they are idiots, so we know who to avoid. Hey come on in so you can get sick or pass sickness on to others. We love you!!!
Let me see if I understand you correctly.
Not safe: not wearing a mask while walking to a table/booth. Safe: wearing a mask to the table/booth then taking off said mask as soon as you sit down and interact with the wait staff. Meanwhile the hvac is circulating the same air you breathed out unmasked multiple times during your visit while not wearing a mask. See how that makes sense?

Coltsfan2theend

Reaction score
Seems to me if you are worried about spreading or contracting any airborne contagion, you would choose not to go to a restaurant whether they required masks or not.

:shrug-n:
I have friends doing just that. Meanwhile my wife and I go out to eat, dining in, at least once a month. She is a nurse at a hospital. There was an outbreak of covid at my work last summer and our immune system worked enough to not get it.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Seems to me if you are worried about spreading or contracting any airborne contagion, you would choose not to go to a restaurant whether they required masks or not.

Because thats the exact issue. They don't care if they spread an airborne contagion. They are going there and getting with a group of people who have no regard for others and have no regard if they spread it. Now, if they would stay in that restaurant, then hey, go kill yourself. But they don't they leave there and go around others. The lack of care of spreading this is the issue, not if I would go there or not. So the fact that they are not worried about spreading it, is the issue.

patswin

WTF
Reaction score

Exactly.
Because thats the exact issue. They don't care if they spread an airborne contagion. They are going there and getting with a group of people who have no regard for others and have no regard if they spread it. Now, if they would stay in that restaurant, then hey, go kill yourself. But they don't they leave there and go around others. The lack of care of spreading this is the issue, not if I would go there or not. So the fact that they are not worried about spreading it, is the issue.
I have long looked for evidence that eating in a restaurant caused contagion. Never could find it. What I was able to find was evidence that I posted months ago document the timeline of cases relative to orders given to close restaurants, and what it showed was that closing those, along with many other small businesses, had zero effect, and in fact cases increased after the closings.

As far as wearing a mask in a restaurant.. that's like having a peeing section in a swimming pool.

Going to a restuarnt is a choice, I respect people who choose not to go for any reason. I don't respect those who are obsessed with those who make a different decision.

Inspector_50

Reaction score
Exactly.

I have long looked for evidence that eating in a restaurant caused contagion. Never could find it. What I was able to find was evidence that I posted months ago document the timeline of cases relative to orders given to close restaurants, and what it showed was that closing those, along with many other small businesses, had zero effect, and in fact cases increased after the closings.

As far as wearing a mask in a restaurant.. that's like having a peeing section in a swimming pool.

Going to a restuarnt is a choice, I respect people who choose not to go for any reason. I don't respect those who are obsessed with those who make a different decision.
Again, if people go to a restaurant and do not wear masks and gather in a large group, they do leave that place and go out into the world, and thus the spread. I am not sure why people would not do everything they could to try and lessen
a spread of something and become angry and upset when they are asked to. I get that some people do understand the concept of you in fact can spread this to others and it is not about you, but to be so opposed that you
would literally want people to come gather not wearing masks. The entire thing was about slowing the spread, people made it political. Nobody benefits by asking you to wear a mask other than it slowing the spread of the virus. Thats it. Why its such a horrible thing to people is confusing to me. Nobody likes wearing a mask. I don't, it fogs up my glasses and it sucks, but if it means I am slowing down a fast spreading virus even a little bit, I will do it.

patswin

WTF
Reaction score
Again, if people go to a restaurant and do not wear masks and gather in a large group, they do leave that place and go out into the world, and thus the spread. I am not sure why people would not do everything they could to try and lessen
a spread of something and become angry and upset when they are asked to. I get that some people do understand the concept of you in fact can spread this to others and it is not about you, but to be so opposed that you
would literally want people to come gather not wearing masks. The entire thing was about slowing the spread, people made it political. Nobody benefits by asking you to wear a mask other than it slowing the spread of the virus. Thats it. Why its such a horrible thing to people is confusing to me. Nobody likes wearing a mask. I don't, it fogs up my glasses and it sucks, but if it means I am slowing down a fast spreading virus even a little bit, I will do it.
Massachusetts has/had restriction on group size. There are no large groups in restaurants anywhere in New England that I am aware of.
If you're referring to other states, I know, and find it disturbing, that many people pray for huge spikes in cases in states that have opened up, just so they can pound their chests and virtue signal on the internet. I think that's a worse illness than Covid and 10 times as contagious, if my occasional forays into Twitter and FB are any indication. Of course, I'm glad you would never do such a thing MIddie. Fortunately there's been no such spike in open states, so it's a bit of a red herring to debate it.

I'm not sure it would make sense to go down the back and forth rathole with ya here Middie. I know your game. So this will be my last comment. Besides, the pandemic ended months ago so why live in the past. :evil:

aloyouis

at least generally aware
Reaction score
Exactly.

Spot on. We have been locked down here in Michigan longer and harder than almost all yet here we are leading the country ion "cases" and our dicktator is demanding we voluntarily restrict ourselves to our homes and not eat out or gather. Her suggestion will surely be followed up with a mandate this weekend and small businesses will once again be pushed in front of the firing squad.
What a great comparison.

100%

johnlocke

Reaction score
Another win for justice and property rights.

From my friends at the Pacific Legal Foundation:

"Congress did not authorize the CDC to ban evictions, and the Constitution’s separation of powers does not allow the CDC to make law.
Government cannot foist the economic burdens of the pandemic on a single group, landlords who solve the very problem that the government is concerned about: providing housing so that people can socially distance.

"A federal judge ruled today that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention overstepped its authority in issuing a nationwide eviction ban. The ruling is a victory for a group of Ohio landlords and the National Association of Home Builders, who challenged the moratorium in October.
"Today’s decision in Skyworks v. Centers for Disease Control allows evictions to resume, restoring the landlords’ rights to remove tenants who don’t honor their lease obligation to pay rent."

deec77

Reaction score
Massachusetts has/had restriction on group size. There are no large groups in restaurants anywhere in New England that I am aware of.
If you're referring to other states, I know, and find it disturbing, that many people pray for huge spikes in cases in states that have opened up, just so they can pound their chests and virtue signal on the internet. I think that's a worse illness than Covid and 10 times as contagious, if my occasional forays into Twitter and FB are any indication. Of course, I'm glad you would never do such a thing MIddie. Fortunately there's been no such spike in open states, so it's a bit of a red herring to debate it.

I'm not sure it would make sense to go down the back and forth rathole with ya here Middie. I know your game. So this will be my last comment. Besides, the pandemic ended months ago so why live in the past. :evil:
I know most don’t consider CT as part of New England......we are opened at full capacity.... we do still have a Mask mandate but just for entering the restaurant once seated you may take them off.

~Dee~

Coltsfan2theend

Reaction score
I know most don’t consider CT as part of New England......we are opened at full capacity.... we do still have a Mask mandate but just for entering the restaurant once seated you may take them off.

~Dee~

My wife and I had this talk last night while eating out. Safe: wearing a mask for under five minutes to get to your table or restroom, then 10x the amount you were masked, you are not. Meanwhile the hvac is circulating germ filled air that you are breathing in. Then you wear a mask for minutes to walk out. Meanwhile, not safe, not wearing a mask for minutes to walk to the table, then take it off, then back on to walk out.

Inspector_50

Reaction score

~Dee~
Thats most restaurants, you where it when you enter, you take it off at the table. Not sure why someone mentioned in this thread that you would be made to where them at your seat, because no place required that at all.

Inspector_50

Reaction score

Nobody is praying for huge spikes of anything. Yes there are other states who have large groups and no masks, and sorry but this is not a game, I have people close to me die, if you want to call that a game, you need to take a hard look at yourself, and no nothing ended months ago. This is no funny to me, nor should it be to anyone else. People want to thump their nose at wearing a mask to me have zero regard for human life, and that is the disturbing part. All this pandemic did was separate the people who care about others and the assholes who only care about themselves. I said when this all started, we will see who the good people are.

deec77

Reaction score
Thats most restaurants, you where it when you enter, you take it off at the table. Not sure why someone mentioned in this thread that you would be made to where them at your seat, because no place required that at all.
I was responding to Patswin when he said there are no large crowds at restaurants in NE. CT is in NE and we are open at full capacity everything is open at full capacity gyms, stores, restaurants, offices, work places, theaters, schools for the fall.....

~Dee~

Status
Not open for further replies.