Coronavirus

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
Hydroxychloroquine not the chloroquine that works better just to be clear. While similar they are different drugs with different off label uses.

Also according to the article the patient was prescribed 2 chloroquine pills daily @ 500 mg which caused side affects that’s a fairly strong dose and those are listed side effects that can occur in some. The other, the one the one the president spoke of, Hydroxychloroquine is 1 pill daily @ 200 mg and possibly a ZPAK depending on existing conditions. The side effects while rare they both are similar.

Just to be clear while both are anti malaria drugs they are different the later (Hydroxychloroquine) is generic and costs about about a dollar.

Everyone here in the states who receive the drug prescribed by a DR is entered in a study.

https://www.fda.gov/media/136534/download

~Dee~

Thank you.

I did know that. I just shortened it up cuz I’m a shitty typer.

I actually laid out the first mention of this and I paused the tv to get the combo and dosages. It’s early in this thread I think.

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
From Hannity tonite:

View attachment 103771

The doctor prescribes 200mg chloroquine twice a day for 5 days, 500mg of azithromycin once a day for 5 days, and 220mg of zinc sulfate once a day for 5 days.

He’s treated 350 patients in his town and another 150 in surrounding burroughs.

0 deaths.

0 hospitalizations.

0 intubation.

Couple this with the French study of a smaller test group but similar results and it’s pretty clear they have a treatment.

End this already.

Found it.

deec77

Reaction score
Thank you.

I did know that. I just shortened it up cuz I’m a shitty typer.

I actually laid out the first mention of this and I paused the tv to get the combo and dosages. It’s early in this thread I think.

No worries! I just notice the same mistake was made with the chloroquine phosphate the fish med for parasites is totally different. I just wanted to clear up the differences.

Not to mention the Drug that Trump is suggesting costs about a dollar a dose. Trump certainly won’t be making much if he did indeed follow the money. Certainly no where near the vaccinations big pharm is pushing.

~Dee~

deec77

Reaction score
Wait, this is a serious claim being floated around out there?

https://www.huffpost.com/entry/dona...hydroxychloroquine_n_5e8c41d7c5b6e1d10a696280

https://www.washingtonpost.com/

https://www.moneycontrol.com/news/b...-makes-hydroxychloroquine-report-5118801.html

If hydroxychloroquine becomes an accepted treatment, several pharmaceutical companies stand to profit, including shareholders and senior executives with connections to the president. Trump himself has a small personal financial interest in Sanofi, the French drugmaker that makes Plaquenil, the brand-name version of hydroxychloroquine,” according to a report in The New York Times.
RELATED NEWS
Coronavirus pandemic | 2 more cases from Dharavi among fresh 116 add to BMC's worries
How IPCA Labs is best suited to reap the hydroxychloroquine opportunity
Trump says WHO is China-centric, 'really blew it' on coronavirus
The NYT report added that several generic drugmakers are all gearing up to produce hydroxychloroquine pills, including Amneal Pharmaceuticals, co-founded by Indian-Americans Chirag Patel and Chintu Patel.

Sadly yes

~Dee~

PatsFan09

Done. And. Done.
Reaction score
Debating with you is like debating with a broom handle.

And I didn't call you unAmerican because you hate Trump, I did it because it's so easy to get under your skin, you just can't help showing your ass every single time.

And then you post stuff like this drivel because you unable to converse with someone who doesn't think like you. Get a thicker skin, or not.

LOL.
I’ve been here for well over a decade.
You’ve been posting since Trump came on the scene (coincidence? hmm...)
You’ve proven that to you’re a tRump swab who is spoon fed his “thoughts” by FOX, Hannity, and the Daily Caller.

You called me “unAmerican” because your thought-feeders want you to think that people who loathe Trump (the majority of America) are inferior to you. Sadly for you, that ain’t true.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
LOL.
You’ve proven that to you’re a tRump swab who is spoon fed his “thoughts” by FOX, Hannity, and the Daily Caller.

You called me “unAmerican” because your thought-feeders want you to think that people who loathe Trump (the majority of America) are inferior to you. Sadly for you, that ain’t true.

Well that majority had 3+ years to come up with an answer and you put forward...

Sleepy Joe.

You’re either incredibly stupid, incredibly incompetent, or a solid mix of both.

He dropped another doozy today.

PatsFan09

Done. And. Done.
Reaction score
Well that majority had 3+ years to come up with an answer and you put forward...

Sleepy Joe.

You’re either incredibly stupid, incredibly incompetent, or a solid mix of both.

He dropped another doozy today.

For the five millionth time... (why you can’t comprehend this, I can’t understand; it’s not difficult!) I’m not a liberal. Like many Americans out there, I am a conservative who despises Trump. We aren’t uncommon.

Edit: just a thought: look up the concept of “confirmation bias”. Your thinking suffers from this frequently.
Not supporting Trump does not necessarily = liberal.

O_P_T

Why Be Normal
Reaction score
Did you happen to see last night covid-19 pep rally? Did you see trump pimping the anti-malarial drug Hydroxychloroquine saying why not and how it couldn't hurt? Not true with certain conditions it can kill you. Anyway after
Trump finished and Dr Fauci stepped to the podium a reporter began to ask him his opinion on this drugs effectiveness and Trump cut off the reporter and refused to let Dr. Fauci answer the question. Its real obvious who is working the strings on these puppets. I think Trump controls it all including his medical experts. When they don't speak trump speak they seem to disappear from the pep rallies. Today I saw an interview with Fauci saying in preliminary test they have not shown any effectiveness against Covid-19. I've felt Fauci has been on thin ice with this task force team because he doesn't always seem to fall in line and i've noticed he's very calculated with his responses.

This is from FiveThirtyEight

You'll note the survey date was 3/16 - 3/17.

Not a single State had a stay at home order in place at that time.

So riddle me this. If just about all those experts were saying that only 20,000 cases would exist in the US by the end of March, were they all "puppets" of Trump?

If one assumes a 2% mortality rate, 20,000 cases would result in 400 deaths.

Does that sound like something that is a complete and total disaster that requires massive disruption of our economy?

If it was so obvious that this was a health emergency back in January, how come the earliest stay at home order was California on 3/19?

Could it be that there simply wasn't a consensus that it posed a significant threat until the third week of March?

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

The link you sent said most of these Dr's are prescribing this to people who are the most seriously ill. I don't have a problem with that but given that there still should be some data as to its effectiveness with in that group. yet i didn't see anything? 5% 10 % 50% ???? Without any data how can you call that hope. There has to be some data out there even a short list so where is it? Some data even a small sample size would be hope instead of hot air.

Curious.

You ask, justifiably, for data regarding the effectiveness of these treatments for COVID-19.

Yet, you seem to not have any desire on the data regarding how many people have been infected, NOT, the number that have been tested positive.

The latter is the basis for the denominator in any and all calculations involving R0, mortality, etc.

Where's the data on the number of people who have not been tested but are infected?

You seem to accept all the various calculations that are based on the positive test results when it is an absolute certainty that there are significantly more people infected that haven't tested positive.

Edit:

Oh and for the record, the FDA approved chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19 in Late March.

On Sunday, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) said in a statement that chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine could be prescribed to teens and adults with COVID-19 "as appropriate, when a clinical trial is not available or feasible," after the FDA issued an Emergency Use Authorization. (EUA) That marked the first EUA for a drug related to COVID-19 in the U.S., according to the statement.

You'll note the part in bold. "could be prescribed" which means a doctor will have to write a prescription. So the suggestion that people will be taking it willy nilly on their own is simply wrong.

Mr NFLfan

Reaction score
I live where the men are men and the sheep are ner
This is from FiveThirtyEight

You'll note the survey date was 3/16 - 3/17.

Not a single State had a stay at home order in place at that time.

So riddle me this. If just about all those experts were saying that only 20,000 cases would exist in the US by the end of March, were they all "puppets" of Trump?

If one assumes a 2% mortality rate, 20,000 cases would result in 400 deaths.

Does that sound like something that is a complete and total disaster that requires massive disruption of our economy?

If it was so obvious that this was a health emergency back in January, how come the earliest stay at home order was California on 3/19?

Could it be that there simply wasn't a consensus that it posed a significant threat until the third week of March?

---------- Post added at 06:29 PM ---------- Previous post was at 06:23 PM ----------

Curious.

You ask, justifiably, for data regarding the effectiveness of these treatments for COVID-19.

Yet, you seem to not have any desire on the data regarding how many people have been infected, NOT, the number that have been tested positive.

The latter is the basis for the denominator in any and all calculations involving R0, mortality, etc.

Where's the data on the number of people who have not been tested but are infected?

You seem to accept all the various calculations that are based on the positive test results when it is an absolute certainty that there are significantly more people infected that haven't tested positive.

Edit:

Oh and for the record, the FDA approved chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine to treat COVID-19 in Late March.

On Sunday, the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services (HHS) said in a statement that chloroquine and hydroxychloroquine could be prescribed to teens and adults with COVID-19 "as appropriate, when a clinical trial is not available or feasible," after the FDA issued an Emergency Use Authorization. (EUA) That marked the first EUA for a drug related to COVID-19 in the U.S., according to the statement.

You'll note the part in bold. "could be prescribed" which means a doctor will have to write a prescription. So the suggestion that people will be taking it willy nilly on their own is simply wrong.

We still haven't even reached the apex yet so its impossible to draw any conclusions of how long this will go on total infections total death rates. I don't know what else to say with regards to testing everyone except it looks like it not going to happen. When Trump stood there at the CDC talking about his super genius uncle john he said that we had plenty of test and anybody who wants a test can get one.....That was for publicity only, nothing more. The hospital's and labs are so busy with test from people who are sick they certainly don't have time or supplies to handle testing the general pop. especially those people with no symptoms of the virus. For those reasons I don't believe you'll ever know the total people infected.

The first post of mine you quoted was my thoughts on your assessment that Dr Fauci was a liar and his judgement misled Trump in some way Which i don't agree with. You may not agree with me and that is fine, but i know what i saw with my own two eyes 2 nights ago.I saw a legit question asked of a leading Dr. and his answer blocked by trump. That told me all i needed to know about who's controlling the information spoon fed to us. In my life I've never seen a president bring out his expert to a briefing and censor an answer to a perfectly legit question. I saw who the puppeteer is and he pulls all the strings, make no mistake about it.
I've moved on, on his wonder drug, it serves no purpose in this Trump forum.

Just for the record I'm a registered independent and in my 65 yrs I've voted both sides of the isle thru the years. This last election I didn't like either candidate so i didn't vote and now i realize what a big mistake that was. I know many people like myself who didn't vote cause they didn't like the line up. I don't believe come nov. this will be the case for a lot of those people that simply refused to vote. I expect they will turn out in record numbers and not make the same mistake again. We shall see.

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/nypost...t-says-hydroxychloroquine-saved-her-life/amp/

Michigan Democrat says hydroxychloroquine saved her life

ByApril 7, 2020 | 7:55am

A Michigan state lawmaker infected with COVID-19 is crediting the controversial anti-malarial drug hydroxychloroquine with saving her life — saying she felt better within a few hours of taking her prescription.

Democratic state Rep. Karen Whitsett of Detroit told FOX News’ “The Ingraham Angle” Monday that she went into home quarantine on March 12, the day she last attended a session at the State House in Lansing, and her condition only got worse from there.

“It took the longest [time] for me to actually be able to get an appointment and getting with my doctor, which was the 18th of March, and then actually getting the COVID test,” Whitsett said on the program.

She initially thought she’d contracted a bout of pneumonia and was prescribed the antibiotic amoxicillin.

But then on March 31, she tested positive for COVID-19. By then, she said, her condition had “just plummeted.”

“It went from the headaches being severe to fluid building up in my lungs, to sweats breaking out to the cough and my breathing being labored,” Whitsett said. “It all happened in a matter of hours.”

At the hospital, Whitsett learned that the Michigan Department of Licensing and Regulatory Affairs, under Democratic Gov. Gretchen Whitmer, had issued a state order prohibiting the use of hydroxychloroquine. Though that order was retracted several days later, at the time, Whitsett struggled to get her hands on the medication.

“I did have a difficult time, even that day, obtaining the medication because of an order that was put down in my state,” she said on the program. “And it was on that day, so you can imagine how terrified I was that I had to beg and plead and go through a whole lot to try to get the medication.”

Whitsett suffers from chronic Lyme disease — for which hydroxychloroquine is also used as a treatment — but she said she had never thought of it as a potential coronavirus treatment until President Trump touted the drug.

“If President Trump had not talked about this, it wouldn’t have been something that would be accessible for anyone to be able to get right now,” the lawmaker said.

Whitsett was feeling better within hours of her first dose, she said.

“It has a lot to do with the president … bringing it up,” the freshman lawmaker told the Detroit Free Press. “He is the only person who has the power to make it a priority.”

Trump tweeted the Free Press’ story Monday.

“Congratulations to State Representative Karen Whitsett of Michigan,” he wrote. “So glad you are getting better!”

Trump has repeatedly highlighted the drug’s ability to fight COVID-19, especially when combined with the antibiotic azithromycin. But health professionals have argued it is unproven and carries multiple risks. They also say Trump’s promotion of the drug could lead to a shortage of the medication of those who normally use it for other illnesses.

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.fo...nt-says-hydroxychloroquine-saved-his-life.amp

Coronavirus patient says hydroxychloroquine saved his life
By Victor Garcia | Fox News

Coronavirus patient Rio Giardinieri joined "The Ingraham Angle" and spoke about how he believes hydroxychloroquine changed his fight against the virus.

"I'm not a scientist. I'm not a doctor. But I know when I'm sitting here in pain and they've tried all kinds of antibiotics sorting through me and I continue to get worse. My breathing became worse. Speaking became difficult," Giardinieri said Monday night. "And a friend of mine from a prayer line reached out, a friend of 43 years and says, 'Hey, I saw this on Laura Ingraham's show. You need to take this medicine and you need to ask your doctor to give it to you now.'"

"My feeling at that particular time was I thought I was at the end of my rope and I didn't see any other options," Giardinieri said, asking his nurse and doctor about the experimental drug. "For me, it was a risk worth taking."

The patient told Ingraham that, after he began treatment with the hydroxychloroquine, he felt better.

"I feel fantastic. And I have since I woke up on Saturday morning. I know it sounds unbelievable. People are questioning me about it, but I know what I feel," Giardinieri said. "I woke up at 4:45 in the morning and it felt like I had nothing. And I had to catch myself for a second, say, wait, I'm breathing... This is not normal. And I realized I didn't have a fever anymore."

"So I hit the nurse call button at 4:45 and I said, 'I'm fine. Can you send a nurse? And I feel a little hungry.' The nurse came and took my vitals. Sure enough, my fever was gone," Giardinieri said. "It was not broken for nine days. And then it was gone."

During a news conference on Sunday, New York Gov. Andrew Cuomo announced that the state has acquired 70,000 doses of hydroxychloroquine, 10,000 doses of zithromax and 750,000 doses of chloroquine, with trials set to start Tuesday.

"My only thing I had was I had a headache. And that lasted a couple days. But all the other symptoms were completely gone," Giardinieri added.

Fox News' James Rogers contributed to this report.

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
LOL.

For someone that's supposed to be a teacher you are incredibly stupid. Check my join date, you've been here 3 years longer than me. And what does length of time on this website have to do with anything?

I called you unAmerican because you act it and play the part well. You've been nothing but a dick to me since I first got here so you can foad as far as I'm concerned.

BostonTim

IIWII
Reaction score
For someone that's supposed to be a teacher you are incredibly stupid. Check my join date, you've been here 3 years longer than me. And what does length of time on this website have to do with anything?

I called you unAmerican because you act it and play the part well. You've been nothing but a dick to me since I first got here so you can foad as far as I'm concerned.

05 -13

Eight years?

Cheers, Ak

Dwight Schrute

Deplorable #63174288
Reaction score
This is well worth a listen. A non-political, no-nonsense take on this virus by someone at the front lines with many years of experience in infectious diseases.

https://www.montessorieducation.com...4JbKpdd0Mvpkxqvp8l3HugwwL_7QUPhz5oJ6xA2-fz5rk

Informative non-political interview.

---------- Post added at 11:22 AM ---------- Previous post was at 11:17 AM ----------

For the five millionth time... (why you can’t comprehend this, I can’t understand; it’s not difficult!) I’m not a liberal. Like many Americans out there, I am a conservative who despises Trump. We aren’t uncommon.

Edit: just a thought: look up the concept of “confirmation bias”. Your thinking suffers from this frequently.
Not supporting Trump does not necessarily = liberal.

Lol.

I’m yanking your chain if you haven’t caught on.

But seriously.

MAsshole. There’s like 14 conservatives in the state.

Teacher. Good god pal. You’re putting yourself in like unicorn, leprechaun, Bigfoot territory here pal.

AkPatsFan

Reaction score
Do you know what cracks me up they always fall back on who you listen to too much Faux news. Here’s a question for you how come they don’t single out New York Times Washington Post ABC NBC CBS CNN MSNBC? I know the answer to that because those news sources soothes their egos and are leftist run programming. They want you to think they are objective sources of information... obviously they’re not. ROFL

Liberals do have the market cornered when it comes to news and they know it. They try to make you say 10 against one is a fair fight somehow.

---------- Post added at 03:34 PM ---------- Previous post was at 03:32 PM ----------

Oh I’m not a liberal. you watch your mouth!!!! I just made the mistake of voting Obama both times.... I’m doing freakin awesome! How about you?
I’m actually a centrist by the way. Trump was my first Republican that I ever voted for and boy am I happy now!

I remember you saying this which is why I thought you were a liberal.

I’m a registered Democrat and you’re absolutely right I’m fed up with the hatred and the vitriol. Now if the Democrats can grow the fuck up and put somebody out there that is really interested in what they can do for us as citizens of this country and then stop standing on the podium screeching hateful things then maybe I’ll start listening again. Have you ever notice the past two years you have heard one Democrat say this is what we need to do and what can we do to please the average American. Apparently They think hate speech and alienating hey huge voting base is the way to go. Fatal error on their part. I still think they can win the house even with all the hatred. But we’ll see.
My best friend hates Donald Trump with every fiber of his body. Whenever I try to bring fax into a conversation he starts screaming over me. Purposely trying to drowned me out and basically he don’t want to hear fax my best friend hates Donald Trump with every fiber of his body. Whenever I try to bring facts into a conversation he started screaming over me. Purposely trying to drowned me out and basically he don’t want to hear facts.