Cowturds: Gamete Thread

UT - can this thread be merged with the other game thread?

If we can play Tampa and only lose by 2 inches, then we should be able to win against the the Cowboys.
I feel like the Tampa game was such a unicorn is so many respects. The emotion of Brady's return, the weather, the fan excitement. It really felt like a playoff game in its intensity. It is hard to really compare IMO to this game. On paper, Dallas is a much better team and their strength which is running with Zeke is our weakness. The Cowboys are one of the 5 best teams in the NFC IMO and they almost took out Tampa in week one at Tampa. So I think it is hard to gauge. The Pats offense should be able to move the ball and score I think. The Dallas offense is a beast so we will see what scheme Bill can cook up. I don't think it will be a blow out like so many our predicting. I can see a one score game or a 10 point game.

For all of those shitting on the Pats run D, I invite you to consider that BB has always given up something on D to take away something else.

I think that has happened quite a bit so far this season. If the run game is BB's priority against the Cowboys I believe they will be hard pressed to run all over the Pats the way some "fans" hope fear.

Last edited:
One thing or two, actually, that may help is Lawrence is out and Gallup is trying to come off the PUP. So, hopefully those things can play in our favor.

Does anyone know why they released Jaylon Smith?
Lawrence out is in your favor. Obviously out highest graded DL. Now you get 3 rookies and Randy "Toke" Gregory who has a bad knee.

Jaylon Smith being let go is 3 fold.

Money 1st. He has an injury clause in his contract requiring $9.2M 2022 payment in full if he would miss any time. He wouldn't rework that. His $7.2M for 2021 is already on Dallas' books.

2nd. He was getting much less playing time and there was an attitude problem so let's invoke the one bad apple theory

3rd. His play had regressed significantly. The tremendous repair job done in 2016 by the Dallas team physician had helped him regain the use of the knee athletically was a n almost miracle due to the damage. He had an ACL, MCL, significant nerve damage. Missed a year of football. Had foot drop and wore a brace 2017 due to the nerve.

Pro Bowl in 2018 along with LVE. Play regress some in 2019, more in 2020, then this year was the year of judgement. Footdrop is rumored to have returned along with traumatic arthritis. Change of direction was crap, acceleration was slow. Speed was ok once he got moving. As a unidirectional player he can work but he's a liability in pass coverage and slow to cover the outside run. Lots of tackles but rarely the splash play. Play recognition was slow too.

Dallas has a scheme change under Quinn. Much more 5 DB sets. If they need to go to the 3 LB set there is talent on the bench. The play Jabrill Cox made on Daniel Jones last Sunday on the naked bootleg that got Jones into the concussion protocol is one Smith couldn't have made.

Lawrence out is in your favor. Obviously out highest graded DL. Now you get 3 rookies and Randy "Toke" Gregory who has a bad knee.

Jaylon Smith being let go is 3 fold.

Money 1st. He has an injury clause in his contract requiring $9.2M 2022 payment in full if he would miss any time. He wouldn't rework that. His $7.2M for 2021 is already on Dallas' books.

2nd. He was getting much less playing time and there was an attitude problem so let's invoke the one bad apple theory

3rd. His play had regressed significantly. The tremendous repair job done in 2016 by the Dallas team physician had helped him regain the use of the knee athletically was a n almost miracle due to the damage. He had an ACL, MCL, significant nerve damage. Missed a year of football. Had foot drop and wore a brace 2017 due to the nerve.

Pro Bowl in 2018 along with LVE. Play regress some in 2019, more in 2020, then this year was the year of judgement. Footdrap is rumored to have returned along with traumatic arthritis. Change of direction was crap, acceleration was slow. Speed was ok once he got moving. As a unidirectional player he can work but he's a liability in pass coverage and slow to cover the outside run. Lots of tackles but rarely the splash play. Play recognition was slow too.

Dallas has a scheme change under Quinn. Much more 5 DB sets. If they need to go to the 3 LB set there is talent on the bench. The play Jabrill Cox made on Daniel Jones last Sunday on the naked bootleg that got Jones into the concussion protocol is one Smith couldn't have made.

It is really nice to have a knowledgable and respectful Cowboy fan here, even if only this week.

Or you could book mark the site and drop in now and again.

For all of those shitting on the Pats run D, I invite you to consider that BB has always given up something on D to take away something else.

I think that has happened quite a bit so far this season. If the run game is BB's priority against the Cowboys I believe they will be hard pressed to run all over the Pats the way some "fans" hope fear.
Tampon Bay took the run away from Dallas. Cowboys had only 60 yards that game. TB had only 46. It was an aerial game.

Tampon Bay took the run away from Dallas. Cowboys had only 60 yards that game. TB had only 46. It was an aerial game.
Tampa is #1 vs the run. So hard to use that as much of a barometer I think. Zeke looks slimmer to me and faster. Do you notice the same?

I had to explain to my mom why they were letting Fournette run a couple of weeks ago. lmao

And he still only had 90 yards. I don't know where this narrative comes from about stopping the run. 20 carries is EXACTLY what BB wanted.

i would agree if they were tackling well and setting the edge. but they aren't.

It is really nice to have a knowledgable and respectful Cowboy fan here, even if only this week.

Or you could book mark the site and drop in now and again.
I like it here, good, knowledgeable fans. Problem is I'm NFC and y'all are AFC. We rarely have commonality.

I posted over in the "On to Dallas"(?) thread (I left a little bio there too) that what I have been doing is going to our weekly opponents message board and talking a little football. Nothing wrong with being respectful and no need to "get up in someone's face". Our society has regressed to the point that some see that as an admirable quality. I think it's a character flaw.

Dallas fans get a bad rap. It's warranted sometimes. But many of us know football, a lot of us choose to not make a big deal of it. Texas is football country. HS games with 30,000-50,000 attendance all the time. Regular season games with 20K routinely. We do football all the time all our lives and even HS can be high level. We don't do hockey here (poor weather conditions), basketball is kinda meh, baseball we do good, but football is king.

I'll not troll you guys . I'll look for reasons to come back. It's a good board from what I've read so far (but I've only been to the football posts).
I see no reason to blow smoke about the Dallas team. I can speak of the good along with the bad. I'm encouraged by the team this year (I've been a fan since 1966). Overcoming the Jerry Jones GM impediment has been a challenge. His ego and meddlesome ways has tried my fandom especially after coming from the Landry/Schramm eras and their invisible management. Dallas now has a pretty good personnel system and lives on their homegrown (draft) talent. Jerry (he has many names : Jerrah, Booger, Uncle Festus, . . . ) has stepped back some and there has been growth.

BTW, I grew up 10 miles from where Jimmy Johnson went to HS and grew up. Insignificant factoid, Jimmy went to HS with Janis Joplin.

Tampa is #1 vs the run. So hard to use that as much of a barometer I think. Zeke looks slimmer to me and faster. Do you notice the same?
Yes. Big narrative this off season was him dedicating himself back to the game. Guess he's maturing. I think Dak had a lot to do with this as Dak is low key off the field and they are close friends. Dak actually built a football field at his home. Apparently Dak commands the team's respect and he has great leadership qualities although I wouldn't give him an "A" on football skills.

Zeke has his best YPC ever this year. Few people outside the Dallas football world realize that Dallas played 14 different OL combinations in 2020 and was missing all their starter on the OL for multiple games including Tyron Smith(All Pro) and La'el Collins(Pro Bowl 2019) all year and Zach Martin(All Pro for 7-8 games. Zeke still averaged 4 YPC. Smith and Collins never played a game and Martin missed 7.

The TB game seems an outlier to me. I think the coaching staff assumed they couldn't run and didn't emphasize the run. Dakl passed 58 times :oops::oops:

I like it here, good, knowledgeable fans. Problem is I'm NFC and y'all are AFC. We rarely have commonality.

I posted over in the "On to Dallas"(?) thread (I left a little bio there too) that what I have been doing is going to our weekly opponents message board and talking a little football. Nothing wrong with being respectful and no need to "get up in someone's face". Our society has regressed to the point that some see that as an admirable quality. I think it's a character flaw.

Dallas fans get a bad rap. It's warranted sometimes. But many of us know football, a lot of us choose to not make a big deal of it. Texas is football country. HS games with 30,000-50,000 attendance all the time. Regular season games with 20K routinely. We do football all the time all our lives and even HS can be high level. We don't do hockey here (poor weather conditions), basketball is kinda meh, baseball we do good, but football is king.

I'll not troll you guys . I'll look for reasons to come back. It's a good board from what I've read so far (but I've only been to the football posts).
I see no reason to blow smoke about the Dallas team. I can speak of the good along with the bad. I'm encouraged by the team this year (I've been a fan since 1966). Overcoming the Jerry Jones GM impediment has been a challenge. His ego and meddlesome ways has tried my fandom especially after coming from the Landry/Schramm eras and their invisible management. Dallas now has a pretty good personnel system and lives on their homegrown (draft) talent. Jerry (he has many names : Jerrah, Booger, Uncle Festus, . . . ) has stepped back some and there has been growth.

BTW, I grew up 10 miles from where Jimmy Johnson went to HS and grew up. Insignificant factoid, Jimmy went to HS with Janis Joplin.
So, that's near Corpus Christi then.

So, that's near Corpus Christi then.
Upper Texas Gulf Coast (Port Arthur). 10-20 miles from the Louisiana border. Corpus is mid-coast and 6 hours drive from Port Arthur.. Texas Gulf Coast is 600 miles long.

Port Arthur is now a hell-hole and very dangerous place. TONS of petro-chemical refining in the area. Lots of money.

Yes. Big narrative this off season was him dedicating himself back to the game. Guess he's maturing. I think Dak had a lot to do with this as Dak is low key off the field and they are close friends. Dak actually built a football field at his home. Apparently Dak commands the team's respect and he has great leadership qualities although I wouldn't give him an "A" on football skills.

Zeke has his best YPC ever this year. Few people outside the Dallas football world realize that Dallas played 14 different OL combinations in 2020 and was missing all their starter on the OL for multiple games including Tyron Smith(All Pro) and La'el Collins(Pro Bowl 2019) all year and Zach Martin(All Pro for 7-8 games. Zeke still averaged 4 YPC. Smith and Collins never played a game and Martin missed 7.

The TB game seems an outlier to me. I think the coaching staff assumed they couldn't run and didn't emphasize the run. Dakl passed 58 times :oops::oops:
He looks faster to me and more shifty. I had no idea you had those OL combos last year. Thanks for those insights.

In terms of Dak, I think he is tremendous. I had written up here a few week ago that I love your OC - Moore. What a job he has done with that O and particularly Dak. But you can see Dak's maturation for sure.

In terms of the Tampa game, I loved the game plan. There is no sense in running at all vs them. Their front is a monster. We rushed for -1 yards on 6 carries. Your game plan of throwing to the perimeter was brilliant. Tampa lost Bunting in that game but had their other DBs and those throws to the perimeter and the slants were awesome. It was after that game that I realized just how deep your receiving corp is and how good they are after the catch.

I do feel like the Patriots can do some of that stuff vs your D and also take some deep shots. We may be down our best RB, Harris who got hurt vs Houston so that would be a big blow but I kind of hope Mac gets the chance to slice and dice.

Back