Cowturds: Gamete Thread

I'd like to know who suggested this guy from the scouting staff because he's nowhere near your prototypical system fit. I was one who said let's give him a season with a QB, but if he can't line up right and do the fundamentals, then he is truly taking up a roster spot.

It's a tough playbook, a lot to learn, etc. Part of it is attitude and part of it is being a fit, too. When they drafted him, I sort of thought it was an appeasement to Brady getting him a 1st rd pick who would provide size and strength for red zone work. They don't even throw a fade to the guy, even now. The whole thing is strange because he's not your typical Pats WR prospect. Meyers is, but he isn't.

One last thing: Can we get the newer skill position players some playing time so they can show what they can do beyond practice? It's not the same thing. The training wheels need to come off.

That would be Caserio. I'm so glad he's gone.

That would be Caserio. I'm so glad he's gone.
Who hired Caserio and gave him more money to stay rather than let him go to the Texans when they wanted him a few years ago?
This is getting pretty ridiculous already. We all know the buck stops with Bill on this team. And it seems after every loss, folks blame everyone but him. The worst part about that is Belichick chose assistants who are colossal failures for other programs (McDaniels, Patricia) or grotesque displays of nepotism (His son who never played football). And what about our Oline coach? That was his answer to Scar retiring?

On drafting Harry, thought Eric Scalavino had an interesting take, he said, paraphrasing, "They can not draft a fast receiver, one with singular speed. No, they have to draft the WR with enough speed but can also perform other aspects of the game like blocking. They end up with average players with no standouts."

Who hired Caserio and gave him more money to stay rather than let him go to the Texans when they wanted him a few years ago?
This is getting pretty ridiculous already. We all know the buck stops with Bill on this team. And it seems after every loss, folks blame everyone but him. The worst part about that is Belichick chose assistants who are colossal failures for other programs (McDaniels, Patricia) or grotesque displays of nepotism (His son who never played football). And what about our Oline coach? That was his answer to Scar retiring?
its so hard to respect the request of the forum when I read crap from ungrateful want to be fans that just want to bitch all the time and think they know everything because they read it on google

its so hard to respect the request of the forum when I read crap from ungrateful want to be fans that just want to bitch all the time and think they know everything because they read it on google

or Patsfans

I know why I don't put her on ignore. Every post is like a broken record, for those who still remember what records were.

Mazz also doesn't grasp the idea that every organization starts at the top. The reason why Caserio might fail, Patricia failed, etc, is because of the ownership. Environment matters. That's why they fail.

He/she also is clearly clueless about how our society works. People want immediate gratification with everything now. There is no patience.

I was surprised Caserio caved in after rejecting the bad Miami and Indy options years prior, but I think he just had to finally make a decision. It will take a long time for him to fix that mess.

:sad95: :deadhorse:

I'd like to know who suggested this guy from the scouting staff because he's nowhere near your prototypical system fit. I was one who said let's give him a season with a QB, but if he can't line up right and do the fundamentals, then he is truly taking up a roster spot.

It's a tough playbook, a lot to learn, etc. Part of it is attitude and part of it is being a fit, too. When they drafted him, I sort of thought it was an appeasement to Brady getting him a 1st rd pick who would provide size and strength for red zone work. They don't even throw a fade to the guy, even now. The whole thing is strange because he's not your typical Pats WR prospect. Meyers is, but he isn't.

One last thing: Can we get the newer skill position players some playing time so they can show what they can do beyond practice? It's not the same thing. The training wheels need to come off.

Chevs mentioned that it was Caserio and that's how it went down. One possible contributing factor was that we'd been watching Brandin Cooks, who has fantastic wheels, but coughed up the football and curled into the fetal position anytime a defender got within whistling distance. I don't know how many long throws/TD passes Cooks coughed up due to hits that would be ignored by most receivers, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Brady was furious that his deep threat was averse to contact. To put it politely. Spare me the predictable Brady apologists getting mad at me for saying "furious", because if it is true then I agreed with him.

So, perhaps the Harry selection was a sort of response. Caserio pimped a big, strong guy who had a rep for breaking tackles, blocking and winning contested balls and it turned out he's a blockhead who tackles himself and couldn't get open if he was alone in the middle of a desert. He has drawn pre-snap flags, dropped balls and missed large chunks of time with injury, yet he decided that he should wear number 1 this season ostensibly to honor the departed Cam Newton, who briefly convinced Harry that a jazzy nickname would be just the ticket to help him achieve stardom. It didn't help.

Anyhow, I'm all about forgiveness and compromise, so why don't we swap N'Keal for Brandin before the trade deadline? I know the cap is tight, but Cooks can do one thing brilliantly and that is get open deep, which would demand a response from Ds, and that would help Mac Jones operate even better than he has so far. He'd make a great decoy and might even catch a few.

I call upon Nick Caserio to do the thing that all executives do when faced with a huge blunder that they are personally responsible for. You try to erase it. Take that film from College and watch it over and over and convince yourself that you were right all along about N'Keal and please, please take him off our hands.

It just ain't working out here.

Chevs mentioned that it was Caserio and that's how it went down. One possible contributing factor was that we'd been watching Brandin Cooks, who has fantastic wheels, but coughed up the football and curled into the fetal position anytime a defender got within whistling distance. I don't know how many long throws/TD passes Cooks coughed up due to hits that would be ignored by most receivers, but I wouldn't be a bit surprised if Brady was furious that his deep threat was averse to contact. To put it politely. Spare me the predictable Brady apologists getting mad at me for saying "furious", because if it is true then I agreed with him.

So, perhaps the Harry selection was a sort of response. Caserio pimped a big, strong guy who had a rep for breaking tackles, blocking and winning contested balls and it turned out he's a blockhead who tackles himself and couldn't get open if he was alone in the middle of a desert. He has drawn pre-snap flags, dropped balls and missed large chunks of time with injury, yet he decided that he should wear number 1 this season ostensibly to honor the departed Cam Newton, who briefly convinced Harry that a jazzy nickname would be just the ticket to help him achieve stardom. It didn't help.

Anyhow, I'm all about forgiveness and compromise, so why don't we swap N'Keal for Brandin before the trade deadline? I know the cap is tight, but Cooks can do one thing brilliantly and that is get open deep, which would demand a response from Ds, and that would help Mac Jones operate even better than he has so far. He'd make a great decoy and might even catch a few.

I call upon Nick Caserio to do the thing that all executives do when faced with a huge blunder that they are personally responsible for. You try to erase it. Take that film from College and watch it over and over and convince yourself that you were right all along about N'Keal and please, please take him off our hands.

I'd make that trade, and Cooks is a pussy. He can get open though...

Did you day dream this scenario with Cooks? LOL. Bill tried to sign Cooks before he traded him. But as usual Bill low balled him on the offer after he had just put up three consecutive 1000+ yard seasons.

Did you day dream this scenario with Cooks? LOL. Bill tried to sign Cooks before he traded him. But as usual Bill low balled him on the offer after he had just put up three consecutive 1000+ yard seasons.

Yeah, I don't rely on facts and coherent analysis like some of our best posters. I usually just close my eyes and hope for the best, much like Boyband Wilson.

BTW, if what you suggest about Bill-- that he is cheap--- is true, then somebody should really look into the topic. It could be a MAJOR BOMBSHELL!!!!

Yeah, I don't rely on facts and coherent analysis like some of our best posters. I usually just close my eyes and hope for the best, much like Boyband Wilson.

BTW, if what you suggest about Bill-- that he is cheap--- is true, then somebody should really look into the topic. It could be a MAJOR BOMBSHELL!!!!
Whatever is best for you to believe. Far be it from me to stand in the way of your hopes and dreams ... and boy bands. ;)

Interesting. I figured it someone who was trying to sell BB on the pick similar to McDoofus with Maroney in 2006 because McDs brother was coaching at the Univ of Minnesota.

I think it's a strength of BB to allow input from others, but it has to burn him a bit when the pick is not good.

Interesting. I figured it someone who was trying to sell BB on the pick similar to McDoofus with Maroney in 2006 because McDs brother was coaching at the Univ of Minnesota.

I think it's a strength of BB to allow input from others, but it has to burn him a bit when the pick is not good.

We all know that we could use a few top athletes on both sides of the ball. Bill knows it. Josh knows. The mailman, the night clerk at the Red Fox Motel and all
the Real Housewives of Foxboro know it.

But.......BUT........I will note that it's one thing to watch guys run like gazelles during the warm-weather section of the football calendar, making splash plays in the
modern NFL and earning fantasy points galore, but we've won multiple Super Bowls using both WR and DB corps that were not as good as what we've got right now.

We've won with TERRIBLE, totally depleted D backfields. I still have nightmares about that first Philly Super Bowl when we were forced by injuries to send rookie Dexter Reid
in at Safety and he had not successfully defended a pass play all year. Somehow, Philly didn't really notice him in there, but I was hiding behind a couch.

If I was the kind of person that cared about proving my points, I could list literally dozens of examples of mediocre athletes who made big plays and won rings with this team when all the track
stars on the other sideline were limping around or huddled around the heat guns wondering what happened.

We draft certain kinds of guys and much of that is based on what goes on between their ears. Bill has sought advice from the best guys in college history (Saban) and some
of the worst (Urban) and it's a mixed bag like every other damn aspect of picking college kids. Sometimes he stays BFFs with his minor-league colleagues and sometimes
he breaks up with them after they send him a dud or two. Sometimes he just wigs out totally like a schoolboy crush (see: Rutgers) for a while before moving on.

We're going to be a really good football team later this year and the folks who are still running around screaming about Brady and how Bill is a shitty GM are going to have to find something else to run around screaming about. Some folks just need to howl about something all the time to achieve self-actualization. Or something.

Everything is OK. Not perfect, but things are steadily and incrementally coming together and I'm going to love watching people backpedaling like mad while claiming they knew it all along.

Back