Cowturds: Gamete Thread

Just heard some guy on national radio says that this could be a "trap game" for Dallas.
They are a road favorite, the Patriots have not been playing well yet this season, and they have their bye week coming up.

Some rather jaded views of the Cowboys above but as SS454 says Jerry Jones stuck with Garrett way too long. Garrett was inflexible and kept trying to model the team after the early 1990's Cowboys. The NFL is fluid !

Let's look clearly at the Cowboys situation as it relates to a winning organization. Jerry is owner AND GM. He is ego driven and said after he ran Jimmy Johnson off that there were a 100 coaches across the US that could coach the Cowboys to superiority. The next 25 years have proven Jerry to be foolish in such thought and he's slowly been stepping back over the past 7-8 years. So, the Cowboys root problem has been Jerry, his personnel meddling, and having a coach he could run. Parcells left (on good terms though) because Jerry went out and got Terrell Owens against Parcells wishes. Other forces are running this team now and they have a team philosophy . . . finally.

Now, for sure Jones is not a football ignorant man like every other NFL owner. He was an All-SWC OL, team captain, and team member with Jimmy Johnson on a NCAA Champion at Arkansas. But the same qualities that made him a good football player works against him as owner/GM of the Cowboys. He's getting old now and wants a winner one more time and is willing to bury his ego temporarily. I'm withholding my even tempered judgement on Jerry pending how things work with McCarthy, Stephen, Will McClay, and these very good coaches now working for the organization.

The above characterization of him(Jones) is a little harsh and erroneous IMO. For sure Kraft is no "befuddled grandpa" hanging out in massage parlors. But the hate above is noted.

As I'm probably responsible for at least some of the "hate", I should temper my comments.

Having opposing fans come in and educate us about their teams is one of the very best things about internet forums. If you live and die with your team, and it seems like you probably do (and express your views in an A+ way), then it's a great resource. I was trying to be more comical than anything else and apologize if I was a bit rude.

Jerrah is not my favorite guy but I'll give him credit for being a genuine character and the best (only?) football guy among the 32 owners. His decision to kick Jimmy Johnson to the curb was
one of the bonehead moves of the century, to me, because that guy knew exactly when he was looking at a football player. Perhaps, much like the departure of Brady, there were complexities
to that split lost on the outsiders, but history doesn't always care about those.

Anyhow, a belated welcome to this planet and I'll admit to a grudging jealousy of the current version of the Cowboys. I expect to see more Dallas fans in the stands today than we usually get from the opposition and I can't really blame them for getting cranked up over the 'Boys.

Best wishes to your guys for the remainder of the season after today.

The Pats' defense has yet to force a single fumble this season (they've recovered one but it was on a last-play, fumble/pitch against Houston if I remember correctly). I'll go out on a limb and say they force two today and recover both of them. If the offense can avoid turnovers I like the Pats to win somewhat handily - Dallas is a very good team but I have a good feeling about this game.

Feels like a game where the potential we've seen to this point finally comes together, the execution is there, and we get the bounces of the ball that this team deserves. One of those games that we point to, where a young, talented, but inconsistent team goes from what they are now, to: "oh sh*t, yeah, this is a really good football team; this is a team that'll be playing high-level football in January. This is a Bill Belichick football team".

It's a feeling that's so familiar ... so visceral ... and it's been about two years since this team has had one of those games. A crisp autumn evening in Foxboro where an extremely well-coached team puts on an elite display of football. One of those games.

It's coming, today.

Pats: 34
Cowboys: 17

Last edited:
Let me add to Hawgie's post above re: being educated about Jerrah

all I thought I knew about they guy was that he made his fortune in The Oil Business and bought the Cowboys as a playtoy

LeStranger's well-crafted rival-fan posts here 👍👍 encouraged me to research Jones' background

I found a new grudging respect for Jones learning about his storied College football career as well as his rocky, yet ultimately successful climb up the Business Ladder

But since Jones told the Patriots to "Take Their Medicine" during Deflategate, I will still and always say.....

Fvck You and anyone who looks like you, Jerrah 😁

I've always respected jj as a businessman for sure. dude has done a lot of innovative stuff to increase his revenue. i remember reading in i think a parcells biography that bp asked jj about all the successes he had in deals. and jj told him he has notebooks on his forays. and that for every success, there are many unsuccessful deals.

OK guys, I hope we have a very clean and hard fought game, seriously. I can hardly go to my boards because of the ignorance flowing over there which I assume is a bunch of 20 somethings that have never experienced Cowboy greatness. Unrealistic projections abound and is one of the least liked characteristics of Cowboy fans. But I'm impressed by the character displayed here. I'm big on character. Outstanding post Hawg !

Yes, there is more to the Jerrah/Jimmy story and ego played a part in the split on both sides, along with good single malts. But that's water under the bridge. I'm hoping Jerry, who just turned 79, sees that his run here on Earth is coming to and end and will let the football people run the team while he hopes for high level success.

The media has a lot of power over Gen Y and Z in particular, so numerous fanbases don’t do their own thinking.

We’re also dealing with an anti-BB media party of sorts since BB walked from diva Brady, so there’s a lot of disinformation running around the internet, tv and sports radio.

Some rather jaded views of the Cowboys above but as SS454 says Jerry Jones stuck with Garrett way too long. Garrett was inflexible and kept trying to model the team after the early 1990's Cowboys. The NFL is fluid !

Let's look clearly at the Cowboys situation as it relates to a winning organization. Jerry is owner AND GM. He is ego driven and said after he ran Jimmy Johnson off that there were a 100 coaches across the US that could coach the Cowboys to superiority. The next 25 years have proven Jerry to be foolish in such thought and he's slowly been stepping back over the past 7-8 years. So, the Cowboys root problem has been Jerry, his personnel meddling, and having a coach he could run. Parcells left (on good terms though) because Jerry went out and got Terrell Owens against Parcells wishes. Other forces are running this team now and they have a team philosophy . . . finally.

Now, for sure Jones is not a football ignorant man like every other NFL owner. He was an All-SWC OL, team captain, and team member with Jimmy Johnson on a NCAA Champion at Arkansas. But the same qualities that made him a good football player works against him as owner/GM of the Cowboys. He's getting old now and wants a winner one more time and is willing to bury his ego temporarily. I'm withholding my even tempered judgement on Jerry pending how things work with McCarthy, Stephen, Will McClay, and these very good coaches now working for the organization.

The above characterization of him(Jones) is a little harsh and erroneous IMO. For sure Kraft is no "befuddled grandpa" hanging out in massage parlors. But the hate above is noted.
Jerry Jones is corrupt af...business wise. Gee, I wonder how he got the money to buy the Cowturds? :coffee:

I've always respected jj as a businessman for sure. dude has done a lot of innovative stuff to increase his revenue. i remember reading in i think a parcells biography that bp asked jj about all the successes he had in deals. and jj told him he has notebooks on his forays. and that for every success, there are many unsuccessful deals.
He's a snake swindler...he rips off everyone in the oil/gas business. He's a POS.

Let me add to Hawgie's post above re: being educated about Jerrah

all I thought I knew about they guy was that he made his fortune in The Oil Business and bought the Cowboys as a playtoy

LeStranger's well-crafted rival-fan posts here 👍👍 encouraged me to research Jones' background

I found a new grudging respect for Jones learning about his storied College football career as well as his rocky, yet ultimately successful climb up the Business Ladder

But since Jones told the Patriots to "Take Their Medicine" during Deflategate, I will still and always say.....

Fvck You and anyone who looks like you, Jerrah 😁
Remember last winter the bad freeze in Texas and the company who jacked up the price of natural gas by a bajillion % there? None other than Jerky Jones company. Price. Gouge.

Back when it froze last winter, I posted the article...I'll try to find it.
The articles are all over the internet by multiple sites. Jones is the major shareholder in the company (Comstock Resources). Managers run the company, not Jones. Shareholders are, well, shareholders. You can draw your own conclusions which apparently you have. And yes, the nat. gas market went crazy down here as most producers shut down due to weather problems.

The articles are all over the internet by multiple sites. Jones is the major shareholder in the company (Comstock Resources). Managers run the company, not Jones. Shareholders are, well, shareholders. You can draw your own conclusions which apparently you have. And yes, the nat. gas market went crazy as most producers shut down due to weather problems.
Nah, he did this in Arkansas too. He's a snake.

Him and his comrades ripped off the state of Arkansas for price gouging on gas.

Back