Cowturds: Gamete Thread

Ok, I've read enough post bashing the play calling.
What I haven't read:
Giving up 24 yards on 3 and 25.
Dak having a clean jersey all night long. He had time to have a cup of coffee and still complete a pass.
Nelson Agalor having alligator hands.
And once again, awful pass protection by the OL.

Play calling doesn't even make the top 10.

Looking forward to beating the Jests next week 17-14 with the Pats running it 74% of the time and punting it 8 times.

Mac will be 12-15, 175 yards and 2 TD's with Josh's cone calling the plays from under the bench.
Yaa, we can beat the Jets, how special, Don't be so sure, after what Bill has done to this team I wouldn't shocked if we lose any game.

What I haven't read:
Dak having a clean jersey all night long. He had time to have a cup of coffee and still complete a pass.

Not sure much could be done about your list - our pass rush is not good, Dak is a special player with great weapons this year, our receivers are not elite, the OLine is in shambles - we had several back ups.

Now how you cover for ALL that is you unleash your QB. He is ready. I have no idea why they won't let this kid loose. It is beyond bizarre at this point.

Not sure much could be done about your list - our pass rush is not good, Dak is a special player with great weapons this year, our receivers are not elite, the OLine is in shambles - we had several back ups.

Now how you cover for ALL that is you unleash your QB. He is ready. I have no idea why they won't let this kid loose. It is beyond bizarre at this point.
God forgive me for replying to your post.
They don't "cut him loose" because they don't want to lose him to injury or the cemetery. Seeing the pass protection, would you "cut him loose".
I have not felt so sorry for a Patriots QB since Jim Plunkett.

Last edited:
Most everyone, everywhere, have been talking about how often Jones has been getting hit due to a serious lack of pass blocking skills on the OL. When you have a pair of turncoat OT's on that OL, it's damn near impossible to call anything remotely aggressive on the OL else you will find your QB in a body cast.

Does Josh suck? Hardly! Could Josh be more creative when it comes to play calling? Sure. But, Josh is not the problem; the crappy pass blocking OL is.

I'm kinda remiss to come on here but you good people deserve a view from my direction.

First off, Dallas' coaching is terrible. Many head scratching decisions from play calling to the early 4th down attempt. I was very impressed, despite the yardage surrendered by the D the Patriots put forth in certain potential game changing situations (the early 4th down and the goal line stand). I thought your team was prepared but just outmanned. A well coached team. I am not speaking to some of the play calling others are disappointed with above but the schemes and defense was there.

I mentioned on my small message board that this team (New England) was good and one of the others on there more familiar with your team just chipped in with "better than their records". I agree.

I am not overjoyed with the win. Relieved would describe my feelings. With better Cowboy coaching the game shouldn't have been this close.

On Mac Jones. I am thoroughly impressed. He'll be an All Pro in the future.

Dallas just had the hosses. There's no other way to look at this game.

Thank you for allowing me to participate with y'all this week !

They don't "cut him loose" because they don't want to lose him to injury or the cemetery. Seeing the pass protection, would you "cut him loose".
This I have to agree with, he won't make the season as it is.

I'm kinda remiss to come on here but you good people deserve a view from my direction.

First off, Dallas' coaching is terrible. Many head scratching decisions from play calling to the early 4th down attempt. I was very impressed, despite the yardage surrendered by the D the Patriots put forth in certain potential game changing situations (the early 4th down and the goal line stand). I thought your team was prepared but just outmanned. A well coached team. I am not speaking to some of the play calling others are disappointed with above but the schemes and defense was there.

I mentioned on my small message board that this team (New England) was good and one of the others on there more familiar with your team just chipped in with "better than their records". I agree.

I am not overjoyed with the win. Relieved would describe my feelings. With better Cowboy coaching the game shouldn't have been this close.

On Mac Jones. I am thoroughly impressed. He'll be an All Pro in the future.

Dallas just had the hosses. There's no other way to look at this game.

Thank you for allowing me to participate with y'all this week !
thank you for your great posts. would be nice if you stuck around. i txt my cowboy buddy at work congrats and he said it was too close for comfort, so similar feelings.
i know the pats are trying to re-shape so trying to have patience, but it's frustrating when they hoist their own petard. they are definitely not good enough to do that and get away with it.
congrats on the W. :beer:

What I haven't read:

You see, you are correct.

The D could not stop Dallas. 100%.

The D couldn't get to Zak.

So why the hell do you play OT so conservatively and predictably and then punt the ball back to Dallas?

You have to try to win the damn game on the first possession at home.

Dallas has an awesome O. We have an average D.

Dumb play calling. IIWII

So JMD played not to win?

I defend this staff to the hills except JMD. He sux.

I'm not assigning any blame. The Pats went toe to toe. One play was all it would take.

I'm still optimistic about this team. No, not a "moral victory." It was a heartbreaking loss.

But they are right there. And Mac has IT.

Mac Jones does have it.

Mc Daniels does not. Why? Who knows. Hopefully, it will come out 7 years and 3 Super Bowls down the road in "Patriots Reign - next edition"....

How do you figure? They've played two of the top teams in the NFL to a standstill, and they haven't come close to playing their best football.
A standstill? Dallas just put up over 500 yards against the Pats, they were lucky to be in it thanks to Dallas constantly shooting themselves in the foot and an idiot HC going for it on that 4th down.

Draft a cb high?
Please no, might as well just throw that pick away. They've had better luck with free agent rookies than drafting CBs high or drafting period. I'll give Mills a little longer, people forget how much Gilmore sucked when he first got here.

Back