Cowturds: Gamete Thread

The Patriots are an up and coming team. Mac Jones is the real deal.

I think Belichick is the greatest coach that has ever coached in the NFL. I am befuddled as to why he is letting McDaniels call plays that disallow success. I have been a hard and vocal critic of JMD and it is very justified (Imagine that, I agree with myself). Last night's loss belongs squarely on his shoulders as enough "things" went the Pats way that had he not been such a coward with the playbook, the upset was there to TAKE. Not going for it at the half probably impacted Mac more than the Int.

I just don't get the kid gloves unless they planned to write off this season from the beginning.

In the end, this will become more and more on BB if he allows JMD to continue to hide behind dive right/dive left.

Mac is a capable machine. They need to take him for a real spin...

Last edited:
I was there and haven't managed to watch the 2nd half on the DVR yet, so I'll just comment on the way it felt.

I thought it was one of the best football games I've seen in a while and the atmosphere at Gillette was electric.

There were tons of Dallas fans there and the OT was a bitter pill, but we pushed one of the best QB/WR combos in
the league to their limit, but they spit the hook and got free. Dak was extremely accurate throughout and spread the ball around
to his 2nd/3rd reads at a high level. We made him work for it, though.

Yeah, we're 2 and 4 but it doesn't really feel to me or the people I talked with herding out of that stadium like we're a bad team. We're
not the same guys that got whipped by New Orleans in that building less a few weeks ago.

People seemed unusually upbeat after another tough home loss. It's coming, but we're just not together enough to close the
deal against an excellent opponent, but that is my point......it's coming.

I was there and haven't managed to watch the 2nd half on the DVR yet, so I'll just comment on the way it felt.

I thought it was one of the best football games I've seen in a while and the atmosphere at Gillette was electric.

There were tons of Dallas fans there and the OT was a bitter pill, but we pushed one of the best QB/WR combos in
the league to their limit, but they spit the hook and got free. Dak was extremely accurate throughout and spread the ball around

Yeah, we're 2 and 4 but it doesn't really feel to me or the people I talked with herding out of that stadium like we're a bad team. We're
not the same guys that got whipped by New Orleans in that building less a few weeks ago.

People seemed unusually upbeat after another tough home loss. It's coming, but we're just not together enough to close the
Good post. Hopefully they come out with their hair on fire vs the Jets and then take that out to LA where they'll need it.

Good stuff. I thought the crowd sounded really up for it. The noise when Harris made some of those big runs and it sounded like the stadium was really rocking with Bourne got that touchdown, an incredible roar.

I really get this impression as well from Patriots fans. The vast majority know their football and know full well we have the critical piece in place now with our rookie QB and we still have the best coach in the league. I get a strong impression that Patriots fans are a very mature lot, not insisting on success now and are patient because they know these things take time, I was impressed with them in the Tampa game, they said their thanks to Brady before the game but were all over him when the game started and they seem to be patient and very loud in support of this team.

There wasn't a minute and a half left in the half, pretty sure there was less than 30 seconds but I still don't get why they kneeled down to end the half. If TFB were behind center they would have tried to get a f/g before the half ended.

Here is the sequence before half.

• 1st & 10 at NE 20​

(1:30 - 2nd) D.Harris left guard to NE 21 for 1 yard (O.Odighizuwa).
  • 2nd & 9 at NE 21​

(0:47 - 2nd) M.Jones kneels to NE 19 for -2 yards.
    (0:08 - 2nd) Timeout #3 by DAL at 00:08.
  • 3rd & 11 at NE 19​

(0:08 - 2nd) M.Jones kneels to NE 17 for -2 yards.

There wasn't a minute and a half left in the half, pretty sure there was less than 30 seconds but I still don't get why they kneeled down to end the half. If TFB were behind center they would have tried to get a f/g before the half ended.
I believe it was exactly 1:30 left.

I'm kinda remiss to come on here but you good people deserve a view from my direction.

First off, Dallas' coaching is terrible. Many head scratching decisions from play calling to the early 4th down attempt. I was very impressed, despite the yardage surrendered by the D the Patriots put forth in certain potential game changing situations (the early 4th down and the goal line stand). I thought your team was prepared but just outmanned. A well coached team. I am not speaking to some of the play calling others are disappointed with above but the schemes and defense was there.

I mentioned on my small message board that this team (New England) was good and one of the others on there more familiar with your team just chipped in with "better than their records". I agree.

I am not overjoyed with the win. Relieved would describe my feelings. With better Cowboy coaching the game shouldn't have been this close.

On Mac Jones. I am thoroughly impressed. He'll be an All Pro in the future.

Dallas just had the hosses. There's no other way to look at this game.

Thank you for allowing me to participate with y'all this week !
Your o-line does an excellent job of keeping Dak upright and gave him all the time he needed to make his reads. Penalties are a big problem for your team, if they can clean that up they will go a long ways in the playoffs. I was pretty disappointed by the loss but that feeling dissipated after about 5 minutes, I was pretty happy with how Mac played, other than a couple of bad throws I thought he played a great game. Don't be a stranger, having opposing fans like you that visit this forum makes it better and more enjoyable, stick around if you can. Cheers!

I believe it was exactly 1:30 left.
Maybe because they only ran 1 play that it seemed so short, but it was a stupid decision regardless to not try and get some yardage for a f/g try.

It was a pretty good football game on this side of the TV too. The defense was outstanding considering the amount of time they were asked to perform on the field. While they must have been exhausted they didn't look like they lost all that much speed even at the end of the game. Games where 1 team is supposedly head and shoulders above the other aren't usually decided by the couple of plays that even strength team games seem to come down to like this game did. They are supposed to come in and humble you. Sure Dallas had some costly penalties but discipline is also a big part of team chemistry along with talent and coaching. As a total package Dallas is better than NE right now but not as much as some Dallas fans (and Romo with his "they could win it all this year" comment FFS) might think. Also, our QB now has a professional game resume of SIX games. He has an uncommon rookie composure and coaching needs to recognize this and give the kid some more rope until he proves he will hang himself.

Yeah, you're not going anywhere with your team's IQ and lack of discipline. Typical Dallas team. Lots of hype and athletes. Good luck the rest of the way, but LA and TB are probably better teams when it's all said and done. Will be about health now.
This post tastes a little bit of sour grapes. That's OK. I understand your saltiness. Luckily they Cowboys are disciplined enough to come from behind 3 times, run up almost 600 yards of total offense, and score a walk-off TD in OT. These things take a certain high amount of discipline to accomplish.

As far as advancing in the NFC playoffs I'm not really thinking about going anywhere . This is game #6 out of 17.
LA and TB are fine teams. As are GB and Ariz. There are 5 teams in the NFC with the capabilities to go to The Dance. But I also doubt that you have the ability to foresee the future nor have a crystal ball.

Dallas has no exclusive on athletes more than any other team as we all draft and collect talent out of the same pools. The fact that NE has the best coach in the NFL is one thing but they could do a lot better on talent acquisition and holding on to talent. One fact . . . our talent level pretty much sucked from 1998 until 2016 but thanks for the kudos from you to our front office and their ability to see, evaluate, and acquire talent. We have drafted very well the last few years and grabbed some productive bargain bin free agents.

Dallas' health has been compromised all year and they've overcome. This is also due to the front office and talent acquisition.

Hype has nothing to do with anything as that is a sports press thing and has nothing to do with on the field results. Really? Who cares about such things?

Your o-line does an excellent job of keeping Dak upright and gave him all the time he needed to make his reads. Penalties are a big problem for your team, if they can clean that up they will go a long ways in the playoffs. I was pretty disappointed by the loss but that feeling dissipated after about 5 minutes, I was pretty happy with how Mac played, other than a couple of bad throws I thought he played a great game. Don't be a stranger, having opposing fans like you that visit this forum makes it better and more enjoyable, stick around if you can. Cheers!
To be honest penalties could be called on every play . . . every play ! The zebras are too involved in games affecting the ebb and flow of games too much. Even changing outcomes! I think globally around the League fans of every team see this. I'm not one to "blame" officiating but there are, increasingly, problems.

I'm just wondering if anyone here remembers Jim Plunkett in his last season here get murdered every game because of awful OL play. I don't want to see that happen to Mac in his first year.
Yes we should take "the kid gloves" off when the OL (and RB's) proves that they can give him protection. If they can't give more that 1.5 seconds before the roof falls in, then leave the gloves on. So far the OL has not proven that they can protect him.

This post tastes a little bit of sour grapes. That's OK. I understand your saltiness. Luckily they Cowboys are disciplined enough to come from behind 3 times, run up almost 600 yards of total offense, and score a walk-off TD in OT. These things take a certain high amount of discipline to accomplish.

As far as advancing in the NFC playoffs I'm not really thinking about going anywhere . This is game #6 out of 17.
LA and TB are fine teams. As are GB and Ariz. There are 5 teams in the NFC with the capabilities to go to The Dance. But I also doubt that you have the ability to foresee the future nor have a crystal ball.

Dallas has no exclusive on athletes more than any other team as we all draft and collect talent out of the same pools. The fact that NE has the best coach in the NFL is one thing but they could do a lot better on talent acquisition and holding on to talent. One fact . . . our talent level pretty much sucked from 1998 until 2016 but thanks for the kudos from you to our front office and their ability to see, evaluate, and acquire talent. We have drafted very well the last few years and grabbed some productive bargain bin free agents.

Dallas' health has been compromised all year and they've overcome. This is also due to the front office and talent acquisition.

Hype has nothing to do with anything as that is a sports press thing and has nothing to do with on the field results. Really? Who cares about such things?
Our society is very easily led by what people see on the internet, radio and social media. Hype has A LOT to do with the narrative out there. Absolutely. Some people choose to read one narrative. Good lord, there are still people out there who think there isn't a pandemic because of what they read. Of course it's a problem.

The funniest part was annoying Romo saying Dallas is a SB team and NE went right toe to toe with TB and Dallas, so wouldn't this mean NE is, too? I am not saying they are (they're not), but it's stuff like that, then with a narrative saying how bad NE is to bash BB specifically, is what I am talking about here. If a team goes toe to toe with SB contenders, they'd have to be one themselves. It's just a dumb comment 6 weeks in.

The media is notorious for this crap. We call them "soup du jour" teams that the media pumps in situations like this. I don't think your team plays with an intelligence or a maturity to be honest. Your D is sketchy but your offense is the real deal for sure. The personal fouls all over the place, the push off on the facemask in OT was a dumb penalty and you were very lucky that wasn't called as well, because that could have been the ballgame right there.

I look at these as coin flip match ups.

Good stuff. I thought the crowd sounded really up for it. The noise when Harris made some of those big runs and it sounded like the stadium was really rocking with Bourne got that touchdown, an incredible roar.

I really get this impression as well from Patriots fans. The vast majority know their football and know full well we have the critical piece in place now with our rookie QB and we still have the best coach in the league. I get a strong impression that Patriots fans are a very mature lot, not insisting on success now and are patient because they know these things take time, I was impressed with them in the Tampa game, they said their thanks to Brady before the game but were all over him when the game started and they seem to be patient and very loud in support of this team.

You pretty much nailed what it felt like watching live.

I'm not happy with a 2-4 record, but this is not the same team that got destroyed by the Niners last season. I think the majority of the
fan base has moved on and made their peace with Brady leaving.

The worm is definitely turning out there. People are excited in a new way. That pass to Bourne was an explosion, not just for 6 points, but
because it was the kind of big play that we haven't seen in a long while. We're starting to earn respect for our passing game again and DCs
around the league will take note.

The OL is still a mess. We rotated guys all night and even that felt different, despite the big hit Cajuste gave up. We scored 29 behind a
patchwork group that isn't even close to our best combination, but they were fighting hard.

An objective view is that we took two of the best teams in Football and pushed them all the way. Both games, chances to win. For a team that's rebuilding with a rookie QB, it's impressive in many ways.

But we are not a top tier game and we shouldn't have come close here. They had 500+ years on us and the Cowboys killed themselves with penalties and stupid coaching.

But we're getting there. We do have an exceptional young QB who will take us far. And BB is still coaching at a very high level. There are players there who are a concern, Agholor again, dropped a crucial catch. Mills was poor. Mac is still trying to get the connections with his receivers and TEs.

The run game was very good and Stevenson has to be given more snaps. Harris was excellent. When we get the O Line back healthy it will make a difference.

We're making errors at crucial times still which we have to correct.
Add Buffalo to this list. Tampa, Dallas and the Bills

Back