Cowturds: Gamete Thread

This post tastes a little bit of sour grapes. That's OK. I understand your saltiness. Luckily they Cowboys are disciplined enough to come from behind 3 times, run up almost 600 yards of total offense, and score a walk-off TD in OT. These things take a certain high amount of discipline to accomplish.

As far as advancing in the NFC playoffs I'm not really thinking about going anywhere . This is game #6 out of 17.
LA and TB are fine teams. As are GB and Ariz. There are 5 teams in the NFC with the capabilities to go to The Dance. But I also doubt that you have the ability to foresee the future nor have a crystal ball.

Dallas has no exclusive on athletes more than any other team as we all draft and collect talent out of the same pools. The fact that NE has the best coach in the NFL is one thing but they could do a lot better on talent acquisition and holding on to talent. One fact . . . our talent level pretty much sucked from 1998 until 2016 but thanks for the kudos from you to our front office and their ability to see, evaluate, and acquire talent. We have drafted very well the last few years and grabbed some productive bargain bin free agents.

Dallas' health has been compromised all year and they've overcome. This is also due to the front office and talent acquisition.

Hype has nothing to do with anything as that is a sports press thing and has nothing to do with on the field results. Really? Who cares about such things?
It's not sour grapes at all. Good win for you. Go back and read my pregame comments. I had it nailed. Contain/control the 2 RBs. Contain Cooper and Schultz. Dak did a good job of hitting the secondary options and getting bigger plays to Lamb who is tough. Dallas will do dumb things and it will keep NE in it. I couldn't have been more correct. Your team lacks discipline and McCarthy is not that good. The 4th and 1 call was the height of stupidity and arrogance.

The players have to make the plays that are there to be made. And they did in the first half, but the offense is a bit behind schedule learning and growing with the possible rookie of the year at QB. Your team is just further along on offense which is why you won.

Pats fans just know dumb teams don't win SBs. You're an organization that doesn't believe in acquiring high IQ or mature players. It will pop up and continue to affect your team. Always does for franchises that ignore those 2 critical components. What's ironic is, Jimmy Johnson had to have those kinds of players and he had him back when Dallas had great teams in the pre cap era. Jerrah is a buffoon when it comes to managing the cap and has been for 20 years.

I'm anxious to see what our offense looks like when the entire starting OL is healthy and playing. It could be glorious to watch.
In the meantime, Mac will have to be satisfied with 1.5-2 seconds to get rid of the ball which means shorter passes.
It's easy to say "loosen the reins" but if it means he's getting hit every play I'm not for it. McD knows this, too.

To be honest penalties could be called on every play . . . every play ! The zebras are too involved in games affecting the ebb and flow of games too much. Even changing outcomes! I think globally around the League fans of every team see this. I'm not one to "blame" officiating but there are, increasingly, problems.
No. Your team is wildly undisciplined and your coach isn't that good. It will catch up.

I'm anxious to see what our offense looks like when the entire starting OL is healthy and playing. It could be glorious to watch.
In the meantime, Mac will have to be satisfied with 1.5-2 seconds to get rid of the ball which means shorter passes.
It's easy to say "loosen the reins" but if it means he's getting hit every play I'm not for it. McD knows this, too.
I am not seeing this "bad OL" stuff. Harris ran for over 100 and the team put up 29 points and it should have been more. You don't put up 30 points with a bad OL. The Cajuste whiff was clearly bad, but that was also one play.

This post tastes a little bit of sour grapes. That's OK. I understand your saltiness. Luckily they Cowboys are disciplined enough to come from behind 3 times, run up almost 600 yards of total offense, and score a walk-off TD in OT. These things take a certain high amount of discipline to accomplish.

As far as advancing in the NFC playoffs I'm not really thinking about going anywhere . This is game #6 out of 17.
LA and TB are fine teams. As are GB and Ariz. There are 5 teams in the NFC with the capabilities to go to The Dance. But I also doubt that you have the ability to foresee the future nor have a crystal ball.

Dallas has no exclusive on athletes more than any other team as we all draft and collect talent out of the same pools. The fact that NE has the best coach in the NFL is one thing but they could do a lot better on talent acquisition and holding on to talent. One fact . . . our talent level pretty much sucked from 1998 until 2016 but thanks for the kudos from you to our front office and their ability to see, evaluate, and acquire talent. We have drafted very well the last few years and grabbed some productive bargain bin free agents.

Dallas' health has been compromised all year and they've overcome. This is also due to the front office and talent acquisition.

Hype has nothing to do with anything as that is a sports press thing and has nothing to do with on the field results. Really? Who cares about such things?

This team is very complete and has a lot of good players in key positions, especially the main one, which is at QB. Your OC seems to be a master at exploiting weaknesses and despite BB's masterful game planning, the Cowboys were superior. The OL is the main reason I would say. They forced the Pats to blitz often because there was just no pressure being generated without it.

If there are no key injuries and the discipline stuff is straightened out, this might be the best shot to make it to the Super Bowl. But you are right -- it's way too early to tell just now.

I'm definitely jealous of those WRs. Pats did a great job of limiting Cooper, but Ceedee Lamb just did whatever he wanted. That guy is a great player, and the type of receiver the Pats lack at the moment.

Best of luck to you the rest of the way. You got yourself a damn good team.

I am not seeing this "bad OL" stuff. Harris ran for over 100 and the team put up 29 points and it should have been more. You don't put up 30 points with a bad OL. The Cajuste whiff was clearly bad, but that was also one play.
Then you're not paying attention, Mac got absolutely creamed twice by Gregory and he had scant seconds to throw the ball through the vast majority of the game, and how many times did they have runs for 1-2 or minus yardage? Our o-line sucks right now.

I see no profit in going toe to toe with you on calls that could have been called and weren't or we'd be talking about Dak taking a blow to the head on a pass play rush while Dallas was called for hands to the face. Or another 1st qtr. late hit on Dak long after the ball was released that was a no-call. Lots of holds on the NE OL that were no-calls (almost every pass play Gregory was held noticeably).

I just want to see games called evenly. As I said earlier, penalties can be called on every offensive line play, especially offensive holding. They were called on Dallas strategically. Luckily Dallas was good enough to overcome.

Do you think Jalen Mills gets a fine for the late hit after Lamb's walk-off TD? It was pretty low-class.

I didn't say they played badly; I said the starting OL isn't healthy and that includes Wynn and Onwenu.
Pass Pro is what I'm talking about. Mac needs more time for longer developing plays. Anyone can see that.

I see no profit in going toe to toe with you on calls that could have been called and weren't or we'd be talking about Dak taking a blow to the head on a pass play rush while Dallas was called for hands to the face. Or another 1st qtr. late hit on Dak long after the ball was released that was a no-call. Lots of holds on the NE OL that were no-calls (almost every pass play Gregory was held noticeably).

I just want to see games called evenly. As I said earlier, penalties can be called on every offensive line play, especially offensive holding. They were called on Dallas strategically. Luckily Dallas was good enough to overcome.

Do you think Jalen Mills gets a fine for the late hit after Lamb's walk-off TD? It was pretty low-class.

I didn't see it as low class...he was hoping to make Lamb drop the ball. Those 2 have a history going back to Mills' days with the Eagles.

What did you think about Lamb getting up and waving to Mills?

This team is very complete and has a lot of good players in key positions, especially the main one, which is at QB. Your OC seems to be a master at exploiting weaknesses and despite BB's masterful game planning, the Cowboys were superior. The OL is the main reason I would say. They forced the Pats to blitz often because there was just no pressure being generated without it.

If there are no key injuries and the discipline stuff is straightened out, this might be the best shot to make it to the Super Bowl. But you are right -- it's way too early to tell just now.

I'm definitely jealous of those WRs. Pats did a great job of limiting Cooper, but Ceedee Lamb just did whatever he wanted. That guy is a great player, and the type of receiver the Pats lack at the moment.

Best of luck to you the rest of the way. You got yourself a damn good team.
Thank you for the well wishes.

Cowboys spread it around. One week it's Cooper, the next the TE's. Last week Lamb had 2 catches for like 15 yards. The matchup was there for Lamb.

There is no fix for McCarthy. He had the same MO in GB. Game management sux, decision making sux. We all gripe about it. He has some weird thing about metrics and has no feel for the game. But in reality I've read here that Patriot fans are griping about BB and his OT call to punt. He's not on the buffoon level of FatMac but we all question coaching decisions. To Mac the call on the 1st possession 4th down try was the right call . . . according to the metrics. But there was no feel for the game. Cowboy fans are pissed at FatMac every week for something.

Dallas WR corps will be broken up next year. Hopefully we get Gallup back for game 7 but Cedric Wilson, who replaces him, made some plays yesterday (dropped a TD though). But yes, if NE can grow their WR talent they'll be in great shape in the future because Mac Jones is good and will only get better. He sees the field very well and has arm talent.

Thank you for the well wishes.

Cowboys spread it around. One week it's Cooper, the next the TE's. Last week Lamb had 2 catches for like 15 yards. The matchup was there for Lamb.

There is no fix for McCarthy. He had the same MO in GB. Game management sux, decision making sux. We all gripe about it. He has some weird thing about metrics and has no feel for the game. But in reality I've read here that Patriot fans are griping about BB and his OT call to punt. He's not on the buffoon level of FatMac but we all question coaching decisions. To Mac the call on the 1st possession 4th down try was the right call . . . according to the metrics. But there was no feel for the game. Cowboy fans are pissed at FatMac every week for something.

Dallas WR corps will be broken up next year. Hopefully we get Gallup back for game 7 but Cedric Wilson, who replaces him, made some plays yesterday (dropped a TD though). But yes, if NE can grow their WR talent they'll be in great shape in the future because Mac Jones is good and will only get better. He sees the field very well and has arm talent.
He didn't drop a TD. The best nickel in football does what he does. Makes great plays.

I didn't see it as low class...he was hoping to make Lamb drop the ball. Those 2 have a history going back to Mills' days with the Eagles.

It makes me laugh how the NFL makes it a point to talk about taunting and there is no call on it. The game was over, but it's classic taunting that they claim to be looking to remove from the sport.

That's what I mean about immature. It will catch up to them. Long season.

Then you're not paying attention, Mac got absolutely creamed twice by Gregory and he had scant seconds to throw the ball through the vast majority of the game, and how many times did they have runs for 1-2 or minus yardage? Our o-line sucks right now.
I think it has more to do with the poor playcalling. That 3rd and 1 handoff to Bolden? Atrocious. Playcalling that is done well helps an OL. It helps with their quality of play and a rhythm.

Outside of the TD to Henry attacking vertically, McDaniels did not have a great game again. He's been poor, IMO. I am actually seeing a lot of over-thinking by the playcallers on both sides, to be honest.

Late hit? Holy homer goggles...The dude was doing that stupid slow goose step crap that immature Elliott did last week vs the Giants.

Possession had been established long before crossing the goal. The TD would count no matter if he dropped the ball as the plane was broken with possession. Lamb was 3 yards past the goal line when Mills made contact.

I think he (Lamb) shoulda walked away and let it go but he did get hit late with no repercussions to be had. The play was over before contact and Lamb had let up.

You make the call, was the play over? :

Reminded me of Tyreek Hill and his peace sign. Very annoying but when you win you get to celebrate I guess.

Possession had been established long before crossing the goal. The TD would count no matter if he dropped the ball as the plane was broken with possession. Lamb was 3 yards past the goal line when Mills made contact.

I think he (Lamb) shoulda walked away and let it go but he did get hit late with no repercussions to be had. The play was over before contact and Lamb had let up.

When you hot dog like that, you are going to get waxed.

Y'all have a great season.

This discussion has devolved into a he said/she said pile of bovine scat!

He should have run into the end zone and gone and celebrated the win with his team instead of showboating his way across the goal line. Showboating does nothing for the game of football.

Y'all have a great season.

This discussion has devolved into a he said/she said pile of bovine scat!
I am not sure what you expected coming here after a loss in which you were predicted to blow out the Pats. Your team was an embarrassment of coaching mistake after coaching mistake and penalty after penalty.

Of all fanbases, we know what championship football looks like after 20 years of the most historic dynasty in football history. I am sorry but Dallas isn't it. I love your talent but everything else is cringe worthy.

Back