crom!

this crumb! thread has more lose per square foot than that Ace Freeley-guy one :Lecture:

I don't get any of this or that for this or that matter :huh::shrug:

I know that life has passed me by by now -- but JHC!! -- I can't see that I've missed much at all by the looks of these parts of it :rolleyes:

Ok, as a designated ambassador from the Geek/Dork alliance to the outside world, I suppose I have a responsibility to explain what is going on here.

The Cimmerian (the origianl poster) in this thread is doing what is refered to as "role playing." Now this is not roleplaying in the sense that most of you understand it to be (the sexual sense) but something differant that may have been going on longer.

Roleplaying in this sense involved immersing one self into a fictional character from some time/place differant from our own. This can be a differant time period, or a differant world (in this case a fictional one) altogether.

In this case, that differant world is the world you would see if you were living in the movie "Conan."

The name Cimmerian refers to a race of people from Cimmeria. Conan hailed from Cimmeria and is sometimes called Conan the Cimmerian.

Here is the wikipedia page for a little bit more background if you are intrested.

Roleplaying has really taken off with the increasing popularity of what are called MMORPGs (massive multiplayer online role playing games) which are computer games where the players creates a character in a fictional setting and interacts with other players from around the world. Think facebook with swords.

Many MMOs even have special servers dedicated to just roleplaying, where players are expected to be in character at all times. However, roleplaying servers generally represent an incredibly small minority when compared to normal servers. Roleplayers are in general subject to mockery even from the dork community. I personally attribute this to humanities natural tendancy to mock, belittle, or fear things which are foreign or differant.

Not to mention that many who are considers outcasts from popular society who have themselves been subject to mockery often find that if they can shift the focus to those with behaviors considered even more dorky than their own, they can protect themselves from being harassed or belittled. It's a fairly basic defense/coping mechanism. (IE Well, I might be a dork, but at least I'm not THAT big a dork)

I hope this clears up what is going on in this thread. I will be around later if anyone has any questions.

And since I am sure it will come up, no, I do not personally engage in roleplaying. I'm not THAT dorky.

Ok, as a designated ambassador from the Geek/Dork alliance to the outside world, I suppose I have a responsibility to explain what is going on here.

The Cimmerian (the origianl poster) in this thread is doing what is refered to as "role playing." Now this is not roleplaying in the sense that most of you understand it to be (the sexual sense) but something differant that may have been going on longer.

Roleplaying in this sense involved immersing one self into a fictional character from some time/place differant from our own. This can be a differant time period, or a differant world (in this case a fictional one) altogether.

In this case, that differant world is the world you would see if you were living in the movie "Conan."

The name Cimmerian refers to a race of people from Cimmeria. Conan hailed from Cimmeria and is sometimes called Conan the Cimmerian.

Here is the wikipedia page for a little bit more background if you are intrested.

Roleplaying has really taken off with the increasing popularity of what are called MMORPGs (massive multiplayer online role playing games) which are computer games where the players creates a character in a fictional setting and interacts with other players from around the world. Think facebook with swords.

Many MMOs even have special servers dedicated to just roleplaying, where players are expected to be in character at all times. However, roleplaying servers generally represent an incredibly small minority when compared to normal servers. Roleplayers are in general subject to mockery even from the dork community. I personally attribute this to humanities natural tendancy to mock, belittle, or fear things which are foreign or differant.

Not to mention that many who are considers outcasts from popular society who have themselves been subject to mockery often find that if they can shift the focus to those with behaviors considered even more dorky than their own, they can protect themselves from being harassed or belittled. It's a fairly basic defense/coping mechanism. (IE Well, I might be a dork, but at least I'm not THAT big a dork)

I hope this clears up what is going on in this thread. I will be around later if anyone has any questions.

And since I am sure it will come up, no, I do not personally engage in roleplaying. I'm not THAT dorky.

So, high tech dungeons and dragons?:shrug:

different fail.

I mean wtf is up w/ you kids today and your idea of fantasy :Lecture: :shrug:

why in my day, fantasies were all about a glance at a visible slightly-turned nylon-clad ankle, a bottle of Mazola oil and a promise of making the earth move for a body

what you guys see in large, sweaty muscular men clad in the cloaks of nasty animal furs I'll never know :shake:

You're not going to assclown me for that are you?

It would be for your own good, really. Or our own good.

We almost have to let you slide this week though because you're pretty good at putting these crackhead ravens fans in their place.

crom!

why in my day, fantasies were all about a glance at a visible slightly-turned nylon-clad ankle, a bottle of Mazola oil and a promise of making the earth move for a body

what you guys see in large, sweaty muscular men clad in the cloaks of nasty animal furs I'll never know :shake:
Try and follow me here RG.

This type of roleplaying is not sexual in nature. Now, some people do take it to that extreme (which can often result in serious hilarity but I digress) but in general the purpose here is not to satisfy a sexual fetish, but to more or less play make believe.

Ever play cowboys and indians when you were a kid? Well it's like that. Except he's not a kid (I assume), and instead of a cowboy he's pretending to be a large, loincloth wearing barbarian with a stinky crotch.

:toast:Those were the days

Now, if they had Star Wars MMORPG, you'd be all over that bish, correct?
Actually, they do, I played it, and it sucked (words cannot express my disappointment).

Now, there is a new one coming out at some point which looks awesome.

I enjoy a good roleplaying game as much as anyone, but...

I'm only in character while actually playing said game.

:shrug:

Actually, they do, I played it, and it sucked (words cannot express my disappointment).

Now, there is a new one coming out at some point which looks awesome.
I really like you Jaric and I sincerely hope you were not the victim of some serious wedgies and facial flushes.:shake:

I really like you Jaric and I sincerely hope you were not the victim of some serious wedgies and facial flushes.:shake:
Nope not at all.

I played sports all through high school. I also made a point to make friends with anyone who was friendly to me regardless of social standing. I had friends on both the football and chess teams. That's just how I roll.

Nope not at all.

I played sports all through high school. I also made a point to make friends with anyone who was friendly to me regardless of social standing. I had friends on both the football and chess teams. That's just how I roll.
Mike and Ike, they think alike.

I was the guy who went from football practice to drama. I actually had to go to football practice in full makeup at one point. In a super cliquey school, I was a lunchroom floater. Drama tools, athletes (I'm not terribly athletic, but I got by), chess/debate, hippies, goths, the whole 9 yards. That was me at 17. The only people I didn't hang out with were the a$$holes (found at pretty much every area.)

Try and follow me here RG.

This type of roleplaying is not sexual in nature. Now, some people do take it to that extreme (which can often result in serious hilarity but I digress) but in general the purpose here is not to satisfy a sexual fetish, but to more or less play make believe.

Ever play cowboys and indians when you were a kid? Well it's like that. Except he's not a kid (I assume), and instead of a cowboy he's pretending to be a large, loincloth wearing barbarian with a stinky crotch.
here is my idea of a good crom! fantasy

Mongol General: What is best in life?

Conan: To rip the garment off the heaving bodice of your willing subjects, to see them lying oiled-up before you, and to hear the lamentations of their womenly moans of pleasure.

you stick w/ the cowboys & indians BS, mmmmmk?

here is my idea of a good crom! fantasy

Mongol General: What is best in life?

Conan: To rip the garment off the heaving bodice of your willing subjects, to see them lying oiled-up before you, and to hear the lamentations of their womenly moans of pleasure.

That's hawt! :heart: drool :dance:

crom! since the day i strangled to death my predecessor on the steps of his own palace, my kingdom has been beset by my enemies both from without and within. this thread will help to make clear those who support me, and those who oppose me. some of you will receive my kingly charity, all others will be publicly impaled. ultimately, it matters not. by crom, i am your king!

crom! fear not, my mind is not under the sway of some dominating sorcerer. my ideas are my own! one of my first acts as king of aquilonia, after usurping the throne, was to allow my soldiers the freedom to wed one another. this brought me much criticism among my homophobic subjects. my royal response was the public beheadings of the most vocal of said critics. to this day, i am viewed as a very progressive leader.

To ensure that this thread doesn't die (immediately) I hereby declare that I'm going to use this thread to post random stuff that doesn't really need it's own thread.

And yes, I know there's already a thread for that.

Anyway, to begin:
Why the hell did I ever stop eating Fluff? That stuff is fantastic!

Back