Damien Harris signs with Bills.

ParanoidPatriot

Big member
Reaction score
If this was posted in another thread, too bad. It needs it's own thread.

It always sucks to lose a good player.. But to lose him to a division rival, really hurts. Harris was a good player and a good teammate.
He signs a 1 year deal with the Bills. I don't know how much he got, but it seems that we could have offered him something reasonable.
So now we get to see him play against us twice a year.

This is one of those situations where I love the player, wish he could have stayed, but I am not terribly unhappy with how it worked out.

With the acquisition of James Robinson, you do not have to change your offensive scheme based on personnel. BOB had to be thinking of looking it it from that perspective.

Hate to see him go. I still think he was our best pure running back even though he couldn't stay healthy. No, he didn't have the cool nickname but he was a hell of a lot smoother at finding and getting to the hole.

A real bummer he went to the Bills.

It should help the Bills for 12 games if they decide to use running backs to run the ball this year.

Hate to see him go. I still think he was our best pure running back even though he couldn't stay healthy. No, he didn't have the cool nickname but he was a hell of a lot smoother at finding and getting to the hole.
Completely agree, and I liked his work ethic. He plays a tough position so to see injuries plague him so young is unfortunate. I hope he has a Pro Bowl season with whoever he signs with in 2024 :coffee:

I think we'll be pleasantly surprised with Robinson.
No doubt, but I think that a pure running back was part of the problem. Rhamondre was as good at strictly running, but when he was in he was a threat to to receive as well.

This is why I think we still need a TE who can block and catch passes both. I know we won a superbowl with with Rod "Cement Hands" Rutledge and Jermaine (Couldn't Block an Anorexic Cheerleader" Wiggins, but I really like a TE who's an assest in the run game.

(Not to say I don't like Gesicki. I just look at him as a big WR which is a plus plus.)

We need a Kevin Faulk, Shane Vareen, James White back. It's amazing that for over 20 years we were able to have those types of backs, now it doesn't seem that there are many coming out of college today.

That is kinda strange. I'm wondering if college is placing more emphasis on pass blocking and receiving for feature backs.

That is kinda strange. I'm wondering if college is placing more emphasis on pass blocking and receiving for feature backs.
maybe all the ones with good hands convert strictly to wr now early on? wouldn't surprise me with the continued increase in fungibility of rbs coupled with wrs being more needed and better paid in the passing era.

maybe all the ones with good hands convert strictly to wr now early on? wouldn't surprise me with the continued increase in fungibility of rbs coupled with wrs being more needed and better paid in the passing era.
Very likely. Gesicki would make a lot more money as a wide-bodied WR than a TE who can catch well but not block well. I would certainly rather be an edge rusher than and OLB or DE.

Okay, he has decent hands but I'm not putting him in the same category as any of those third down backs.
Better than decent. 70 catches last year, including however many one-handed stabs.

I predict he’ll do well in buff. And stick it to the pats a time or two.

Better than decent. 70 catches last year, including however many one-handed stabs.
They're going to need to decide where to use him because he's not going to be a three down back for them. They're either going to need to find another good runner or somebody that has some hands otherwise everyone is going to be bitching about how often he is hurt too.

Last edited:
They're going to need to decide where to use him because he's not going to be a four down back for them. They're either going to need to find another good runner or somebody that has some hands otherwise everyone is going to be bitching about how often he is hurt too.
I think they have some faith in the pups (Davis and Strong) and really, they're on a similar path that Harris took to becoming a featured back. I also think that the 17-game schedule is going to be a detriment to the RB position in general because it's insane for a team to make a large investment in one guy vs. a corp group. It has to at least be a tandem.

I never had James Robinson on my radar but I truly believe he makes the Pats less one-dimensional based solely on the fact you can play Stevenson or Robinson on either 1st down or 3rd down, which you couldn't necessarily do with a tandem of Stevenson and Robinson.

This reminds me of when the Patriots signed a couple of runningbacks a few years ago. One guy got hurt, pretty quickly, and the other guy was a good receiver and a good back, who helped the Pats win a championship or two. I think he had played with Cincinatti, before the Patriots. What was his name?

Back