Dean McDermott NFL Coach Of The YEar

HipKat

Buffalo to The Bone!!
Reaction score
NFL Executives select Buffalo Bills’ Sean McDermott as Coach of the Year in poll, Brandon Beane third for Executive Award - Full Story

With a 10-4 record and a second playoff berth in three years secured, McDermott received seven votes to edge out Ravens coach John Harbaugh (5 1/2) and 49ers head man Kyle Shanahan (five). “They’ve played really good defensively,” an NFC personnel director said of the Bills. “He’s winning with a young quarterback -- they’re kind of winning because of the quarterback, too. I just think they have an identity. The team knows who they are. Isn’t that 90 percent of it?”

Mike Tomlin (Steelers), Matt LaFleur (Packers), Bill O’Brien (Texans) and Brian Flores (Dolphins) also received votes.

Beane did not have the most votes for Executive of the Year, but finished in third place behind John Lynch of the 49ers and John Schneider of the Seahawks.

(Stupid Typos... .SEAN McDermott FFS)

Saints are 11-3, leading their division, and 5-0 with a backup QB that everyone forgot was still in the league. Payton deserves votes for sure.

And what kind of stupid poll is this that Flores would get votes? For getting 3 wins when they were shooting for 0?

Yeah, just because the Patriots always seem to win 11+ games, and go Deep into the postseason, it doesn't mean it's easy. Yeah, the Bills won what, 6 games last year. So they've improved. Big whoop. A team Should improve after a bad season. What Belichick does is much more remarkable, year in and year out.

Belichick should be Coach of the Year, as much as anybody else. I mean I'm sure Dean (lol) has done a good job, but really. Our Bill has taken a team with one reliable receiver, who isn't reliable anymore, a nonexistent running game (some say), 4 different kickers, a big-time receiver debacle-and so much more. And he has Already guided the team to 11 wins. With yet another opportunity to win the division (probably will), get a bye, and fight for yet another championship.

I'm getting sick of the fuggin' Buffalo Bills. The gloves are off. I'm starting to hate them as much as the Steelers, the Chiefs, the Ravens...now I'll add the Buffalo Bills.

Why? Because the Bills are a pretty good team. They are real competition. (I know the Steelers aren't as good this year, but some years they certainly are). And screw McDermott. Kicking our players off 'his' field. I'm trying to build up some hate (you know, 'fan hate').

HipCat, you're a good guy, though. And the Bills are fun to watch, what with their genuine improvement. And Sean M is running things the right way.

I'm just trying to build up some 'fan hate' against your team...and it's not that easy! But what Belichick has done is remarkable. Across the years. As other past coaches (3 or 4) throughout NFL history, have done. They come, and eventually they go, except for history. The Bills will have their day.

HipCat, you're a good guy, though. And the Bills are fun to watch, what with their genuine improvement. And Sean M is running things the right way.

I'm just trying to build up some 'fan hate' against your team...and it's not that easy!

It's all good!! I can take it, since this is, or last time I checked, a Patriots forum and stuff

Saints are 11-3, leading their division, and 5-0 with a backup QB that everyone forgot was still in the league. Payton deserves votes for sure.

If I had a vote I would have to somehow decide between 2 Seans, Payton and McDermott. They're both deserving. It's interesting to me that McDermott cut his teeth with Andy Reid and the Eagles. They're nothing alike - I think of McDermott as a tougher & smarter version of Reid with a flair for defense. Plus he's a far better coach in game situations. In the end I'd have to vote for McDermott because he's done more with less than Payton has this year.

Yeah, just because the Patriots always seem to win 11+ games, and go Deep into the postseason, it doesn't mean it's easy. Yeah, the Bills won what, 6 games last year. So they've improved. Big whoop. A team Should improve after a bad season. What Belichick does is much more remarkable, year in and year out.

Belichick should be Coach of the Year, as much as anybody else. I mean I'm sure Dean (lol) has done a good job, but really. Our Bill has taken a team with one reliable receiver, who isn't reliable anymore, a nonexistent running game (some say), 4 different kickers, a big-time receiver debacle-and so much more. And he has Already guided the team to 11 wins. With yet another opportunity to win the division (probably will), get a bye, and fight for yet another championship.

It's a given that Belichick is always at the top of the list for everyone but it's also a given that Belichick gets passed over because voters have become numb to his greatness. He won't be considered again until he does it with a QB not name Tom Brady. Fact.

I don't think this is a done deal, anyway. I think final votes aren't cast until next month and some news agencies jumped the gun on reporting that McD is COTY this year

Where is KOK and his decoder at?... :coffee:

I miss him. We went at it once about something stupid but we mended fences. He had some great posts.

---------- Post added at 08:16 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:15 AM ----------

If I had a vote I would have to somehow decide between 2 Seans, Payton and McDermott. They're both deserving. It's interesting to me that McDermott cut his teeth with Andy Reid and the Eagles. They're nothing alike - I think of McDermott as a tougher & smarter version of Reid with a flair for defense. Plus he's a far better coach in game situations. In the end I'd have to vote for McDermott because he's done more with less than Payton has this year.

It's a given that Belichick is always at the top of the list for everyone but it's also a given that Belichick gets passed over because voters have become numb to his greatness. He won't be considered again until he does it with a QB not name Tom Brady. Fact.

I had an argument with a guy who was pushing Tomlin for coach of the year.

Well, it wasn't really an argument. It was him talking and me just laughing.

Back