Dear Refs: Go **** Yourselves

I refuse to blame the officials. There were multiple opportunities to put this game away. They didn't execute.

This. If you put yourself in a position where the refs can F you, its hard to complain. When we see other teams fans bitching about calls, we call them whining losers.

Pats needed to play better. They didn't and they got a dose of what happens to many other teams during the course of the season.

I do agree that the officiating has problems. I don't have the answers to fix it.

Preface: I didn't watch the game.

I remember games past where some pats fans (can't remember who or even if they are on here, just remember it happening) linking to other teams forums about saying the refs were bad and complaining. I honestly am sorta shocked to see this thread, but maybe I shouldn't be.

I remember games past where some pats fans (can't remember who or even if they are on here, just remember it happening) linking to other teams forums about saying the refs were bad and complaining. I honestly am sorta shocked to see this thread, but maybe I shouldn't be.

So you think the officiating this year is just the same as it's always been? The refs this year are the worst I've ever seen for every team in the league... Astoundingly bad

Aside from that we had chances to ice these guys and instead make the jolly green giant look much better than he is.

2 weeks in a row Chung drops an INT that would have nailed the coffin shut but no

NE wasn't the only team raped this week or this season. This year's officiating is atrocious across the board. The influx of new refs and their inexperience is galling.

NE wasn't the only team raped this week or this season. This year's officiating is atrocious across the board. The influx of new refs and their inexperience is galling.

There was some super sketchy shit in the Sea/Pitt game.

This comment is useless because you didn't see the game. Have a nice day.

Then you shouldn't be commenting.

NFL officiating has been pretty awful this entire season, and not just in Pats games. But there have been some pretty blatant WTF moments lately in games involving NE (ie. inadvertent whistle).

The three major phantom calls last night were about as disgraceful as you'll ever see. Let me make this clear - when Collinsworth pulls his mouth out of Brock's shorts long enough to comment on how bad the calls are, you know something's up. Three major calls at critical points halted two Pats drives (one would have been in FG range) and turned a 3rd-goal from 19 into a 1st-goal from the 4.

It doesn't matter if it was fixed or simply incompetence, that was a truly pathetic display of officiating. And you're right, we don't typically make threads like this. But if you'd actually watched the game then you may understand why this thread exists.

When Collinsworth and Michaels go silent after a call, you know it is a bad call and they are looking for a way to spin it.

I don't watch Sunday night games with any intensity unless the Pats are playing so I wouldn't even say I recall when these two have ever go silent.

They did it a few times last night. The Chung (?) hold on Thomas in the EZ brought out a gasp of sorts from the booth.

While I agree that the Pats got humped several times last night, I can't help but put this one on the decision to have Harper return punts. He's a PS guy and shouldn't have been put in that position. Cold, snowing, windy, Primetime game on the road. I would have rather seen Chung go out there and fair catch all of them.

The Donkeys had just gone down 21-7, then a pathetic 3 and out. They were demoralized. That muffed catch/return changed the whole game and allowed the bad calls to let them back in it.

Also, that is not hindsight. I said that the first time I saw him out there.

Also, f*ck the refs.

Back