Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Please speak to the fact that the NFL is investigating it, per various reports, so why would the NFL investigate it if it wasn't possible?

Maybe they're investigating whether BB paid off the refs to under inflate the balls?

:shrug:

WTF would be the point of BB having the team practice with wet/frozen footballs if the ultimate plan was to deflate them?

Baloney.jpg

WTF would be the point of BB having the team practice with wet/frozen footballs if the ultimate plan was to deflate them?

Baloney.jpg

Its just part of his evil genius to throw them off his trail of tricks.:) :cheatriots:

Nothing to see here, the refs administer the game balls

Yet, the NFL has confirmed the investigation.

Folks, we all watched the same game. The Pats didn't need any help beating the Colts asses yesterday.

If the investigation finds them guilty, it's just sad. Sad that they either a) felt they needed an advantage or b) just felt they were above the rules.

I don't know if they're guilty. I don't care much, won't change the outcome of the game.

But y'all are just shooting the messenger.
Posted via Mobile Device

Also, wet footballs are heavier than dry ones, so if the officials did indeed weigh the balls, WTF does that prove?

Folks, we all watched the same game. The Pats didn't need any help beating the Colts asses yesterday.

If the investigation finds them guilty, it's just sad. Sad that they either a) felt they needed an advantage or b) just felt they were above the rules.

I don't know if they're guilty. I don't care much, won't change the outcome of the game.

Posted via Mobile Device

Just not sure why your missing the fact that the Pats are not the ones handling the game balls. That's the job of the officials, they are supposed to check all this out 2 hours before kick off.

Dean Blandino Speaks on Investigation

NFL.com also reporting that NFL spokesman Michael Signora stated that "Midway through the game a ball was taken off the field and out of circulation." One ball.

I may be a homer, but I fail to see how that's on the Pats, even less so how it's possible to prove it. It can't be the first time a ball has been removed from a game for being underinflated.

Personally, I'm in favour of any stories that will put another chip on the shoulder of this team and really stoke up the siege mentality. I'd like to see them go to Arizona and opt out of all media duties as a result of this.

Please speak to the fact that the NFL is investigating it, per various reports, so why would the NFL investigate it if it wasn't possible?

They have to look into it when accusations are made but MY point is, who is responsible IF this is even a real thing? NOT the Pats rather the NFL and its officials since it is their job to monitor these things.

Given that, you cannot blame anyone for deflated balls but the officials/NFL if they didn't take care of the balls and if that is the case, who can show who may have done it?

It's all so absurd really.

Posted via Mobile Device

I'll stop shooting once we shift the focus over to the officials. The officiating, and the way they "MANAGE GAMES" is atrocious.

And yet, every news outlet in the country has picked up the story and given it legs. The story might get squashed, but it has already imprinted in the minds of football nation.

I remember when there was a stop in the game, and nobody knew why. I did see a new ball get tossed to the official. Simms or Nantz said something about they may have had a kicker's ball and they were switching it out to a game ball, one has a slicker surface, one has a rougher surface. What I'd like to know is who tipped off the officials to even check the gauge mid-game? Because that would be the first person I would look at if this story bears out.

What it boils down to is that the Patriots are hated.

We aren't hated because we are cheaters, but get tagged as cheaters because nobody wants to believe that any team can go out year after year and win 12 games in this league because nobody else can do it with any consistency. Most folks are tired of us.

It plays into the belief systems of the simple-minded and therefore any story that we aren't legit has an instant audience and the page hits that naturally follow.

This is the silliest one yet. Only a moron could buy into it, but there are plenty of them around.

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but the announcers said the ball that was removed was a "kicking" ball and not a regular ball. Whatever.

I have heard of teams messing with balls, so apparently it can happen. How the NFL does not have a system in place to prevent it is beyond me.

Also, does a fully inflated ball weigh more than a completely deflated ball? I don't think so.

According to Blandino, this morning on the NFL Network, this is standard procedure and not uncommon. If the ref crew notices anything unusual, they'll take the ball out of circulation and the ball is automatically sent to the league to be examined. The refs could notice something when they handle it, or either team could bring it to the officials attention. It happens on a regular basis.

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-am/0ap3000000460742/Blandino-on-possible-use-of-deflated-footballs

Keep hating....

Don't know if this has been mentioned, but the announcers said the ball that was removed was a "kicking" ball and not a regular ball. Whatever.

I have heard of teams messing with balls, so apparently it can happen. How the NFL does not have a system in place to prevent it is beyond me.

They were just guessing though IN..that is what ALL of these idiots are doing right now.

They have to look into it when accusations are made but MY point is, who is responsible IF this is even a real thing? NOT the Pats rather the NFL and its officials since it is their job to monitor these things.

Given that, you cannot blame anyone for deflated balls but the officials/NFL if they didn't take care of the balls and if that is the case, who can show who may have done it?

It's all so absurd really.

They provide their own balls, which are weighed prior to kickoff, then handled by ball boys provided by the team. The refs aren't guarding the balls.

Possible? Yeah, quite.

True? Up to the NFL to determine.

I blame the whole mess on Gronkowski. Those spikes must have something to do with some of the air pressure escaping. Next rule put in place will be no more spiking of the football.

Dean Blandino Speaks on Investigation

NFL.com also reporting that NFL spokesman Michael Signora stated that "Midway through the game a ball was taken off the field and out of circulation." One ball.

I may be a homer, but I fail to see how that's on the Pats, even less so how it's possible to prove it. It can't be the first time a ball has been removed from a game for being underinflated.

Personally, I'm in favour of any stories that will put another chip on the shoulder of this team and really stoke up the siege mentality. I'd like to see them go to Arizona and opt out of all media duties as a result of this.
So wait a minute, are you saying that the refs actually were doing their job, and the suspect ball never made it on to the field?

I thought it had already been established that the Patriots are cheating cheaters who cheat, and the only thing left for debate was whether they would lose draft picks, or whether BB would be suspended.

:huh:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back