Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW

Status
Not open for further replies.
Then Walt Anderson should be fired which to be honest he should be anyway.

That was the best answer. He's awful. Colts didn't even get a flag until the 3rd qtr, I think. By that time, Browner had, what, 23 penalties?

And let us not forget three EZ passes with three maulings that were never called.

Then Walt Anderson should be fired which to be honest he should be anyway.

And who is to say that this isn't where the "investigation" is focused. The balls were handed over to his team and he was responsible for checking them and then securing them. At which point did he fail?

I don't really care, until and unless they find the Pats guilty.

But blaming Kravitz? LOLOL.
Posted via Mobile Device

Sending a tweet out is not reporting. Reporting is being provided the information from the source and then researching to see how often this is done, what the actual rules are, what processes are in place, etc...

His tweet was attention grabbing sensationalism nothing more.

I really am getting sick of this. A ludicrous accusation gets put out there and it just gives fuel to the legions of haters who want to decry the organisation, the victories, the success. Fans calling for Belichick to be banned, starting with the Superbowl, Goodell to come down like a hammer on them, fines, bannings you name it.

A selection of just a tiny few comments on the NBC story. For every 20 posts soaked in spittle laden invecrove, you have one post from a Pats fan pointing out the obvious that the officials deal with the balls.....

jeffmage says:
Jan 19, 2015 2:28 AM
Bellichick is so sleazy. Everything he does is in the effort to gain an unfair edge, from taping opponent’s practices, fast-snapping the ball, playing a shell game with eligible receivers, deflating the ball, etc.

None of that is trying to fairly outplay the competition.

He has a lot of Super Bowl rings, but his legacy is that of a total cheater. We have all known people like him who are always trying to find an edge, instead of just playing fair.

Yes, the apologists will decry that he is within the rules. I am sorry, but the intent matters. None of our Mother’s ever taught us to play like that.

25 31
coloradocowboy says:
Seriously?

Is there some sort of reason that the Pats can’t just seem to line up and play? There feels like there is always SOMETHING over on the edges that you just know ain’t quite right.

13 19
kidsamoa260 says:
Jan 19, 2015 2:29 AM
Doesn’t matter, their super bowl dreams will be deflated by the Seahawks!

22 22
gadzod says:
Patriots/Billicheat caught cheating? Nah….never! “The Patriot Way.”

11 21
jukeboxmickey says:
Jan 19, 2015 2:30 AM
Billy Bellacheat is at it again. Don Shula was right. Rodney Harrsion
can go fly a Kite. He is wrong patriots are cheaters.

17 18
2far2far says:
This is beyond laughable.

28 1
dfwhawkguy says:
Jan 19, 2015 2:32 AM
Do these guys ever just play football? Is cheating just part of their DNA? Apparently so…

The National Anthem in the Seahawks-Packers game was sung by Katherine McPhee. drool

We got the guy from Train. :(

They should investigate that! It's enough to give someone deflated balls. :grumpy:
I would do EVERYTHING to that girl... I would do things that given the laws of physics aren't actually possible in our Universe to her.

:OMG:

84027.jpg

katharine-mcphee-11189-4.jpg

Quietly sitting, waiting for the NFL to release a statement confirming that no wrongdoing occurred.

Then I'll proceed to enjoy my day off.

Absolutely infuriating that we have to deal with something this silly after such a big win.

I really am getting sick of this. A ludicrous accusation gets put out there and it just gives fuel to the legions of haters who want to decry the organisation, the victories, the success. Fans calling for Belichick to be banned, starting with the Superbowl, Goodell to come down like a hammer on them, fines, bannings you name it.

A selection of just a tiny few comments on the NBC story. For every 20 posts soaked in spittle laden invecrove, you have one post from a Pats fan pointing out the obvious that the officials deal with the balls.....

jeffmage says:
Bellichick is so sleazy. Everything he does is in the effort to gain an unfair edge, from taping opponent’s practices, fast-snapping the ball, playing a shell game with eligible receivers, deflating the ball, etc.

None of that is trying to fairly outplay the competition.

He has a lot of Super Bowl rings, but his legacy is that of a total cheater. We have all known people like him who are always trying to find an edge, instead of just playing fair.

Yes, the apologists will decry that he is within the rules. I am sorry, but the intent matters. None of our Mother’s ever taught us to play like that.

25 31
coloradocowboy says:
Seriously?

Is there some sort of reason that the Pats can’t just seem to line up and play? There feels like there is always SOMETHING over on the edges that you just know ain’t quite right.

13 19
kidsamoa260 says:
Doesn’t matter, their super bowl dreams will be deflated by the Seahawks!

22 22
gadzod says:
Patriots/Billicheat caught cheating? Nah….never! “The Patriot Way.”

11 21
jukeboxmickey says:
Billy Bellacheat is at it again. Don Shula was right. Rodney Harrsion
can go fly a Kite. He is wrong patriots are cheaters.

17 18
2far2far says:
This is beyond laughable.

28 1
dfwhawkguy says:
Jan 19, 2015 2:32 AM
Do these guys ever just play football? Is cheating just part of their DNA? Apparently so…

Don't let it get to you. Have you seen the interwebz comments coming from mom's basements all over the world?:)

Sending a tweet out is not reporting. Reporting is being provided the information from the source and then researching to see how often this is done, what the actual rules are, what processes are in place, etc...

His tweet was attention grabbing sensationalism nothing more.

He admitted today he got a tip from a reliable Colts source and would look into it this morning despite tweeting it instantly.

So my question is how would he know about what the penalty would be in advance to talking to League sources?

Screw his hating ass. , he is pissed he has to pay to go to the superbowl because his paper will not pick up the tab now.

I don't really care, until and unless they find the Pats guilty.

But blaming Kravitz? LOLOL.
Posted via Mobile Device

If you didn't care, you wouldn't be posting about it here.

I should've said nobody else (that matters) cares.

It's all pretty laughable, really.

They provide their own balls, which are weighed prior to kickoff, then handled by ball boys provided by the team. The refs aren't guarding the balls.

Possible? Yeah, quite.

True? Up to the NFL to determine.

You forgot that the NFL refs mark each ball and check them for the mark during the game.

So, how is it possible again?

Maybe I missed it but what advantage would a deflated football give???

You forgot that the NFL refs mark each ball and check them for the mark during the game.

So, how is it possible again?

The only plausible manner in which this could have happened is if, a.) a ball boy was instructed to let air out of the football, or b.) perhaps something was done at halftime...? I don't know by whom the footballs are handled at the half.

Both of those seem incredibly unlikely, and moreover, it would seem the issue was only with one football. Otherwise the officials would've removed/re-inflated more than the one they did.

Maybe I missed it but what advantage would a deflated football give???

only thing I could think is a softer ball would nestle gently into ones hands making the catch easier in the rain/cold. I remember playing in a league where an opposing team would do this because the QB had a cannon.

I'm reading now that the ball attendant is provided via the NFL, and is not a team employee.

Seems to be a lack of a decisive answer on this facet of the issue, but if true it would make deflating the balls nearly impossible.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back