Deflated Footballs? - Ballgate posts go here - NSFW

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roberto71

Reaction score
Reports saying the league is investigating if the footballs were deflated by the Patriots. Bob Kravitz reported this on twitter. If true it would result in lost draft picks...

Here we go again, cheating allegations etc.

Hmm...

Specifically, what advantage would've been gained by this? And if this was done, and some advantage was gained, wouldn't it have been shared by Indy?

*EDIT*

Aren't the footballs provided and maintained by a 3rd party (essentially via the NFL), so that'd be their responsibility? And furthermore, don't the officials and/or this 3rd party monitor the footballs and could re-inflate them and/or take any steps they saw necessary if they felt they the footballs weren't properly inflated?

The obvious thing here which has yet to be mentioned is that they were playing in a cold, wet environment, two variables that will naturally result in a softer, less inflated football.

The home club shall have 36 balls for outdoor games and 24 for indoor games available for testing with a pressure gauge by the referee two hours prior to the starting time of the game to meet with League requirements.

B7sRCoUCYAEdTlj.png

B7sRnGrCMAAxgId.png

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe 2 minutes ago
Reading ball rules, it seems pretty damn difficult for a team to sabotage balls during a game. Much ado about nothing in my opinion.

Somehow I'm thinking this is Kravitz just trolling about your running game "squeezing the air out of the ball". If not, why would league officials tell a columnist before telling the team?
Posted via Mobile Device

Cool, except other media outlets are predictably picking up on it. So guess what we have to listen to next week.

Sour ****ing grapes. So tired of it.

Cool, except other media outlets are predictably picking up on it. So guess what we have to listen to next week.

Sour ****ing grapes. So tired of it.

Just more bulletin board material for this already inspired, hungry and tightly bonded team to rally around.

Not that they needed any additional motivation, but Kravitz just dumped a lot of fuel on the proverbial fire. I expect to see them come out like rabid dogs against Seattle.

This is what is considered "reporting" now. Scooping and rumormongering with no accountability.

And you saw that Twat, Tynes and his desperate attempt at trolling after the game.

Pathetic stuff. But Pats fans were worse by responding and giving him the oxygen he plainly needs. Just leave him. He and his team have watched the entire post season on their couches.

And you saw that Twat, Tynes and his desperate attempt at trolling after the game.

Pathetic stuff. But Pats fans were worse by responding and giving him the oxygen he plainly needs. Just leave him. He and his team have watched the entire post season on their couches.

Bro I seen both things and I'm begging the troops to come out and play hard and get the W. Don't want a close game, want a blowout

Oh good grief. I just saw a TV interview of the mighty Aaron Rodgers maybe a week or two ago, where he said he likes the balls to be inflated as much as possible. He even said he will have them over inflated a little and let the officials decide if it's too much or not. He and the interviewer were just having a good chuckle over it. Didn't see that get any bad press. This shit is just ridiculous. :shake:

I think this is Kravitz trolling and nothing more. I used to like reading his stuff but if he's pulling some crap on this to distract from Pats win / Colts loss... well, what can you do to reporters other then ignore them and not give them any clicks/views

If you haint cheating your are not trying! :)

Maybe pats gave the balls PED's (and filmed it while it was happening)?!?!?

:)

Why anyone would give any credence to anything posted on tweeter, facebook, internet is beyond normal thinking. Hell, the internet if full of this bullchit. Anytime I go out of state, the spygate (cheaters) Thing always come out. I can here Bill now, we are on to Seattle.

I'm down here in North Myrtle Beach and some ASSHOLE sports guy for CBS sports radio is eating this up like candy, and treating this like the Pats are cheating again. He's one of these assholes that makes spygate the equivalent to the Watergate scandal...

<iframe width="640" height="360" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/pm3F9piwnTU?feature=player_embedded" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I don't get it. The only way I could see this helping the Pats is if Brady practiced with deflated balls all week. But then, wouldn't they need to deflate every ball? Otherwise, Brady would be dealing with differently inflated balls from snap to snap (just like Luck).

I'm down here in North Myrtle Beach and some ASSHOLE sports guy for CBS sports radio is eating this up like candy, and treating this like the Pats are cheating again. He's one of these assholes that makes spygate the equivalent to the Watergate scandal...

The rule states the refs have control of the balls 2 hours before kick off to check them. Also, if a ball is under or over inflated the refs can get a ball from the visiting team. Refs are in control and have authority over game balls. All balls remain under the supervision of the referee until they are delivered to the ball attendant shortly before kickoff. Nothing to see here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back