Del Rio, we hardly knew ye

Reporters saying the Raiders locker room wasn’t exactly sad at hearing the news. They said there was laughter with some offensive players...

Offered Jon Gruden 10M/ and 10 percent of the Raiders to coach again.

SORaiders.

Gruden has to take that deal. Raiders value's going to double when the move to Las Vegas.

Unfortunately (or fortunately), it's not going to make the Raiders any better. There were whispers of 'the game has passed him by' the last couple of years in Tampa.

And since then, we learned plenty about This Guy and The Sheriff. :coffee:

Bill Romanowski‏Verified account @billromanowski <small class="time"> 11h11 hours ago </small>
A tough decision that had to be made by Mark Davis! If Jon Gruden is the head coach, the Raiders will be in the Super Bowl next year.

Sounds like the roids have gone to his head...:coffee:

Gruden's record in Tampa Bay after the first season (the Super Bowl Babayyyyyyyyyyy season) - 45-57 including playoffs,

Do you remember Gruden's last 6 seasons in Tampa? I remember. Pepperidge Farm remembers. :coffee:

If he's got a 10% owner's stake, I don't think he can be fired.

$200 million+ guaranteed before he even collects his first paycheck for being head coach.

What a racket. Great job outta Gruden.

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Somewhere, al is smiling because his son loves retreads too.

Art Shell must have passed on the job. :coffee:

I'll leave it to these guys to sum up Gruden..

<blockquote class="twitter-tweet" data-lang="en"><p lang="en" dir="ltr">Why would someone who hasn't coached in 10 years, continually professes to "not understand" the way the game is called, AND jilted you for another team only to defeat you in Super Bowl & firmly attach cement shoes to your franchise's cursed fortunes be a good candidate for coach?</p>— Fᴏᴏᴛʙᴀʟʟ Zᴇʙʀᴀs (@footballzebras) <a href="https://twitter.com/footballzebras/status/947324071548801024?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw">December 31, 2017</a></blockquote> <script async src="https://platform.twitter.com/widgets.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

Gruden's record in Tampa Bay after the first season (the Super Bowl Babayyyyyyyyyyy season) - 45-57 including playoffs,

Do you remember Gruden's last 6 seasons in Tampa? I remember. Pepperidge Farm remembers. :coffee:

If he's got a 10% owner's stake, I don't think he can be fired.

$200 million+ guaranteed before he even collects his first paycheck for being head coach.

What a racket. Great job outta Gruden.

---------- Post added at 08:56 AM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 AM ----------

Art Shell must have passed on the job. :coffee:

On top of it, he isn't even a good coach. He's probably even worse as an announcer.

One of the most ovah/rated personalities eva...

Gruden is a caricature of himself. This will be a colossal failure, which is not a bad thing.

On top of it, he isn't even a good coach. He's probably even worse as an announcer.

One of the most ovah/rated personalities eva...

I will say that the Raiders changing to a WCO might not be the worst thing for their personnel.

I will say that the Raiders changing to a WCO might not be the worst thing for their personnel.

I think Gruden is the modern day Madden...both painfully obvious and animated. And ovah/rated. Even somewhat entertaining.

Oh, and they both coached for Al Davis...

Gruden is a caricature of himself. This will be a colossal failure, which is not a bad thing.

Depends. If he uses his contacts & surrounds himself with exceptional coaches as his OC and DC, Gruden can be an effective leader. He'll sell tickets and bring back some fans who were pissed off at the move to Vegas. He can also work to bring Carr back to be a good QB again. He can bring legitimacy back to Raider nation even if he's lost his coaching fire by simply being a figurehead. This can work imo.

Back