Demo Derbies

This is one of my all time favorite county fair experiences. It's loud, it's raw, it's dirty, it's destructive, and, it's real fun!

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FxujgTcUEW0

I used to see these at Seekonk MA back in the mid-60's. They were kinda cool but everyone drove backwards to protect their radiators. What I loved were the figure 8 races. The track was the usual oval but built into the midfield was a figure 8, so the cars were around the small end of each loop and then through the infield, whip are the other small end and back through the midfield.

It was awesome. the first few minutes all the cars were in a bunch, but inevitably the fast cars started to lap the slower cars and they would meet at the intersection of the figure 8.

Track is still there and still running faces.

I used to see these at Seekonk MA back in the mid-60's. They were kinda cool but everyone drove backwards to protect their radiators. What I loved were the figure 8 races. The track was the usual oval but built into the midfield was a figure 8, so the cars were around the small end of each loop and then through the infield, whip are the other small end and back through the midfield.

It was awesome. the first few minutes all the cars were in a bunch, but inevitably the fast cars started to lap the slower cars and they would meet at the intersection of the figure 8.

Track is still there and still running faces.
The ones from out girlie thread?

(J/K) Cheers

Late to the thread. But I agree it's awesome fun to watch. Saw one where they were towing ( racing) camper trailers around a racetrack and the level of destruction was epic.

Back