DeOssie Needs to Get the &$%# Out of Here!

I'd like, no love, nothing more than to have Kraft calmly walk up to him, shake his hand, give him his final check, and tell him "The Patriots have decided to go in a different direction. Thank you for your services."

He doesn't get paid by Kraft or the Patriots. As an alalyst he gets paid by WBZ, Comcast, and WEEI. He also makes his money off of his tailgate business and restaurant.

That said, it is clear that WEEI is going to attempt to push this aside and hope fans forget about it. They already had him on - giving him an opportunity to "explain himself". It was weak.

I wrote to the Programming director and its clear WEEI will stick by him. Major brush-off from him. Will be contacting CSNNE and WBZ next.

We, as fans, need to let these entities know that we will not support them or their sponsors if they maintain their relationships with DeOssie. And of course his steakhouse and tailgate need to be avoided as well.

There is a 'fraternity' among most of these guys. Ordway and Callahan have already been very vocal in supporting him. That said some guys "get it" - Holley called him a traitor and John Dennis was very critical as well.

But ultimately its the fans who will decide how this plays out. Clearly the media who employ him are counting on our collective short memories. We need to let them know we won't be forgetting this anytime soon and avoid supporting those businesses which continue to support him. We ultimately drive his income - by listening and watching, and utilizing the sponsors of the programs. That's why, in my mind, the betrayal is so henious. We as fans have allowed him every opportunity he currently enjoys - and for this we are mocked and belittled.

DeOssie has said it's been a 'struggle' for him here in New England.

He hasn't seen anything yet.

He's getting ripped to shreds in the comments. On the plus side, the column keeps the issue alive. If Buckley keeps his yap shut, then DeOssie can lay low until time passes. Now more people are aware of it.

Good point. I have no problem with the guy supporting his son and I think most people are ok with that, but he put the middle finger up to Patriots fans and made a point of saying deal with it afterwards.

DeOssie = arrogant douchebag

Good point. I have no problem with the guy supporting his son and I think most people are ok with that, but he put the middle finger up to Patriots fans and made a point of saying deal with it afterwards.

DeOssie = arrogant douchebag

That's the whole point of this thread and the Facebook page. I'd think even less of him if he didn't support his son.

It's the trashing of the organization, the region and the fans which has people ticked off.

This just speaks to how stupid this idiot is. Do you think any of the ex-Patriot media members such as Bruschi, Harrison, McGinest, etc would attend a Pats rally and trash the opponents fans? They'd simply decline to attend and walk away.

That's the whole point of this thread and the Facebook page. I'd think even less of him if he didn't support his son.

It's the trashing of the organization, the region and the fans which has people ticked off.

This just speaks to how stupid this idiot is. Do you think any of the ex-Patriot media members such as Bruschi, Harrison, McGinest, etc would attend a Pats rally and trash the opponents fans? They'd simply decline to attend and walk away.

That and the fact that he's been pretending to be a Pats fan all this time. There were inklings of his Giants' affection after SB 42 but that video of him dissing the Pats and Pats' fans was way over the top. He's dead to me and his carcass is stinking up the media he where he works. He should be fired by all of them. I don't listen to eei but maybe if they fired his ass I'd gain a little more respect for them and might give them another try.

He's getting ripped to shreds in the comments. On the plus side, the column keeps the issue alive. If Buckley keeps his yap shut, then DeOssie can lay low until time passes. Now more people are aware of it.

True dat.

What EEI and others are counting on is this being forgotten.

This helps keep the issue alive and incites even more passion among the fan base regarding it.

We've got to keep the pressure on.

In my commications with EEI, I've suggested that this is the prefect opportunity to ditch DeOssie and bring back real fan Pete Shephard. It's a perfect opportunity - Pete probably has burned too many bridges, but if enough fans vocalize this, it may force their hand. With the HUB as an alternate option we can put EEI on the ropes.

True dat.

What EEI and others are counting on is this being forgotten.

This helps keep the issue alive and incites even more passion among the fan base regarding it.

We've got to keep the pressure on.

In my commications with EEI, I've suggested that this is the prefect opportunity to ditch DeOssie and bring back real fan Pete Shephard. It's a perfect opportunity - Pete probably has burned too many bridges, but if enough fans vocalize this, it may force their hand. With the HUB as an alternate option we can put EEI on the ropes.

I was with you up until you mentioned Pete Shephard, he's a bumbling idiot.

I don't miss EEI at all.

I was with you up until you mentioned Pete Shephard, he's a bumbling idiot.

I don't miss EEI at all.

LOL....My thought exactly. There are many ex-NFL'ers (and ex-Pats) who can provide great analysis. I was never a Shepard fan.

One more analogy....Gresh and Zo on 98.5. Both grew up big Pitt fans. I have no doubt that Gresh still is. Love him or hate him, he has never let that interfere with being able to provide objective analysis. Zo has played for other teams besides the Pats. But he moved back to this area to raise his family. He is a New Englander.

LOL....My thought exactly. There are many ex-NFL'ers (and ex-Pats) who can provide great analysis. I was never a Shepard fan.

One more analogy....Gresh and Zo on 98.5. Both grew up big Pitt fans. I have no doubt that Gresh still is. Love him or hate him, he has never let that interfere with being able to provide objective analysis. Zo has played for other teams besides the Pats. But he moved back to this area to raise his family. He is a New Englander.

If you listen to Zo on the sidelines during game broadcast it's evident from his excitement that he is a real fan.

I don't mind objectivity - it has it's place in the national media.

But I've always felt local media guys should be fans as well - not to slant their views, but to give us the insights fans are looking for - you can't relate to fans if your not one yourself. Also, in a broadcast I enjoy hearing the excitement come through - I call this "The Tommy Heinsohn Effect" and I think it adds a lot to a broadcast or even a commentary. This is why Gil & Gino are so great.

Other local football guys I like and consider "real fans" are Gary Tanguay, Mike Holley, Steve Burton, Bob Neumeier, and Tom Curran. Obviously former players like Tro and Ty as well, but I put those guys in a different category altogether.

If you listen to Zo on the sidelines during game broadcast it's evident from his excitement that he is a real fan.

I don't mind objectivity - it has it's place in the national media.

But I've always felt local media guys should be fans as well - not to slant their views, but to give us the insights fans are looking for - you can't relate to fans if your not one yourself. Also, in a broadcast I enjoy hearing the excitement come through - I call this "The Tommy Heinsohn Effect" and I think it adds a lot to a broadcast or even a commentary. This is why Gil & Gino are so great.

Other local football guys I like and consider "real fans" are Gary Tanguay, Mike Holley, Steve Burton, Bob Neumeier, and Tom Curran. Obviously former players like Tro and Ty as well, but I put those guys in a different category altogether.

Ugghhh....sorry, you lose me again with Steve Burton :facepalm: But that's for another thread.

I'd like to see some new blood in the radio/tv sports scene, it's needed.

Ugghhh....sorry, you lose me again with Steve Burton :facepalm: But that's for another thread.

This.

Listening to Gary Tanguay makes me want to kill myself:coffee:

This.

Listening to Gary Tanguay makes me want to kill myself:coffee:
essen_24.gif

Well, I'd avoid Patriots games radio broadcasts in the future if I was you then. By all acounts he seems the "in house favorite" to take over for Gil.

Please tell me you're joking, he sucks:spock:

He has to be related to someone, his sports knowledge is very average IMO.

He could have worn his son's jersey and waved a Giants pennant during the game and I wouldn't have cared.

But occupational discretion would have advised more intelligent people that participating in this kind of pep rally to the degree with which he did may not be the best career move.

Why is that so hard for the WEEI rank and file to understand? Just perpetuates my "blowhard" sentiment about the majority of personalities that are featured on that station.

Back