Derailed Brown non game thread

If BB benches Mac that decision will be permanent, so he better be f'ing sure if he goes that route. I don't see Mac recovering from that
Several people have posted similar thoughts. I don't agree with this line of thinking. Profesional athletes know someone is always looking to take their job.

Don't read too much into this meme, I mean nothing by it. Just found it very amusing.

6x3ofa.jpg

nope, didn't care how he was elsewhere. just cared about the dumpster fire he was evolving into while a Patriot.
LOL. Just delivered the sixth ring ...

Several people have posted similar thoughts. I don't agree with this line of thinking. Profesional athletes know someone is always looking to take their job.
I agree with Jay. Today's athletes are very fragile. If Mac gets benched, he will want a trade out. Probably head to Vegas on the first plane out.

The problem is that the trolls toe the line but push buttons. Posters then respond to button pushing and then that's how threads get derailed.

We can't ban a poster for having a differing opinion, even if said opinion has been repeated many times.

We certainly can't control posters responding to a polarizing post. That said, it does get tiring to see the same argument play out over and over due to differing opinions.
I'm not advocating a ban, but technically, this would be spam.

I wish more people would look back and remember the first game against the Bills in Buffalo last year and see the same principle ie gameplan was used. But it only worked for that one game...

~Dee~
That was a wind storm where Bill only had Mac throw the ball twice. That game plan IMO would be a disaster in normal conditions.

Except you were wrong. He had multiple years of championship football left.
I don't care if he plays 100 more years and wins 100 more super bowls. He hasn't played here in 3 years. Seriously, over it. Good for him.

He was a tampering prick his last season here and tanked, the team was so good around him that they still won the division. And if he didn't target N'keal Harry 50 times in the playoff game, they would have won that too. Super glad he's gone, and more than ready for the next chapter, whatever it brings.

I don't care if he plays 100 more years and wins 100 more super bowls. He hasn't played here in 3 years. Seriously, over it. Good for him.

He was a tampering prick his last season here and tanked, the team was so good around him that they still won the division. And if he didn't target N'keal Harry 50 times in the playoff game, they would have won that too. Super glad he's gone, and more than ready for the next chapter, whatever it brings.
Nothing to get over just pointing out that folks were dead wrong on him being done as a championship level QB while Bill continues to amass a mediocre roster year after year ...

The difference between being a fan of your team and being obsessed with a person.

The difference between being a fan of your team and being obsessed with a person.
It is possible to be both - be a fan of the greatest football player of all time who helped make your team that best franchise in NFL history and still be a fan of said team.

Nothing to get over just pointing out that folks were dead wrong on him being done as a championship level QB while Bill continues to amass a mediocre roster year after year ...
He burned his bridge here with the tampering, as we found out recently. He was never coming back, and he was great here for 20 years. I don't know who was saying 'he's done', other than media.

So he clocked another ring in the Covid year with another team. I'd expect nothing less. It is, however, clear, you have no idea what a rebuild looks like, maybe you're a more recent fan or something. They desperately needed a rebuild, and could never completely do an overhaul so long as Brady was still here. Now they can, and we'll see how it goes. Last two drafts have been very promising.

He burned his bridge here with the tampering, as we found out recently. He was never coming back, and he was great here for 20 years. I don't know who was saying 'he's done', other than media.

So he clocked another ring in the Covid year with another team. I'd expect nothing less. It is, however, clear, you have no idea what a rebuild looks like, maybe you're a more recent fan or something. They desperately needed a rebuild, and could never completely do an overhaul so long as Brady was still here. Now they can, and we'll see how it goes. Last two drafts have been very promising.
Why not clock that ring here? He wasn't asking for Mahomes money. If there were issues keeping him and a good roster around him than that falls on Bill and his management of the roster which had been deteriorating while Brady was still here. He never replaced Edelman, Gronk, never got a top level outside thread. He royally screwed up Gilmore getting a bag of balls for DPOY. He lets Jackson walk and trades Mason, can't sign Karras because he overpaid for Jonnu. These are huge, glaring GM mistakes yet somehow Brady being the greatest QB and asking for $25 mil a year was too much. This rebuild is going on 3+ years ... and we may found out soon that Mac is not the guy and the clock resets ...

It is possible to be both - be a fan of the greatest football player of all time who helped make your team that best franchise in NFL history and still be a fan of said team.
Theoretically I guess. So I'm still waiting.

Cheers

Why not clock that ring here? He wasn't asking for Mahomes money. If there were issues keeping him and a good roster around him than that falls on Bill and his management of the roster which had been deteriorating while Brady was still here. He never replaced Edelman, Gronk, never got a top level outside thread. He royally screwed up Gilmore getting a bag of balls for DPOY. He lets Jackson walk and trades Mason, can't sign Karras because he overpaid for Jonnu. These are huge, glaring GM mistakes yet somehow Brady being the greatest QB and asking for $25 mil a year was too much. This rebuild is going on 3+ years ... and we may found out soon that Mac is not the guy and the clock resets ...
I dunno. But I do know that
"that was yesterday, and yesterday's gone."

Mazz, you're all over the place on this...How on earth could Brady have gotten the ring here if he was so far away in 2019 and the Patriots had nowhere near the roster that the Bucs had? No chance the Patriots win in 2020. Tom knew what he was doing; he picked Tampa with a stellar roster and likely knowing he'd pull Gronk along with him. He got lucky along the way in having to travel away in the playoffs, but due to Covid, an empty Lambeau and Empty Superdome.

Shame there's no Brady forum on this site. And the argument that he had been with us 20 years, SB wins, he will be talked about in some threads and so on doesn't wash with me in a thread that says Patriots 2022 that use to be game thread in 2022.

That was a wind storm where Bill only had Mac throw the ball twice. That game plan IMO would be a disaster in normal conditions.
What was the difference between between Zappe throwing the ball 21 times and running the rest of the game in great conditions and at home
Both teams knew they were going to run the ball but still couldn't stop them. If our Defense can’t stop their offense then they wouldn’t have won period end of discussion.

And you’ve made the point that they game planned for Zappe as they did for Mac. Zappe did a great job doing what he was asked. No one is saying that Zappe is horrible just that they ask more of Mac as to be expected. Mac is the starter.

~Dee~

Last edited:
Back