Did Bill "tank" the Denver game?

To say that the Broncos won because they cheated is to admit that the Patriots did too. You all don't think that it has more to do with the fact that winning teams have the best QB's in the game? At the time we had Elway. Now you all have Brady. That's how simple things are. Teams that make it to and win in the playoffs more often than not have high level of QB play. Some day Brady will hang em up and the run will be over. Take it from a fan that has been there. And enjoy the ride cause it doesn't last forever.

Broncos played with many starters gone as well. It happens this time of year. Up to and including the starting QB. If you look at the Broncos and the Patriots closely, you will notice that the 2 teams are extremely close in win/losses and playoff appearances since their inception in 1960. So by stating the Broncos are a "shit team" you are admitting the Patriots are as well. You can't have it both ways.

Does your stupid ass REALLY think you would have been better off with Manning out there>

They may be exceptionally close, but your Donkeys haven't won JACKFUCCKINGSHIT since they got busted cheating the salary cap. One conference championship, one embarrassing, blowout loss in the Super Bowl. So please...genius...explain to me how that matches up with 6 conference championships and 4 Lombardis in the last 15 years...not to mention 12 division titles and 9 appearances in the AFCCG?

...SHIT team...go fvck yourself

I encourage you to. Mix it up a bit.

Yea right, all I have to do is take a look at the "Are the Patriots victimized by the refs" to know there isn't a shot in hell at that. "Mix it up a bit" my ass

To say that the Broncos won because they cheated is to admit that the Patriots did too. You all don't think that it has more to do with the fact that winning teams have the best QB's in the game? At the time we had Elway. Now you all have Brady. That's how simple things are. Teams that make it to and win in the playoffs more often than not have high level of QB play. Some day Brady will hang em up and the run will be over. Take it from a fan that has been there. And enjoy the ride cause it doesn't last forever.

See, no one had a problem with you until you started with the "*********" thing. I sincerely doubt you are from a fishing forum, or whatever you claimed. OrangMane most likely.

I don't think Bill Belichick would allow the team to be vanilla until we are guaranteed home field advantage throughout. I think the reason why we were vanilla was too many injuries on our offense. And if the referees called the game correctly we would have blown them out of the water.. it wouldn't even been a close game and the Patriots would have won by three scores...

I don't think Bill Belichick would allow the team to be vanilla until we are guaranteed home field advantage throughout. I think the reason why we were vanilla was too many injuries on our offense. And if the referees called the game correctly we would have blown them out of the water.. it wouldn't even been a close game and the Patriots would have won by three scores...

This...

See, no one had a problem with you until you started with the "*********" thing. I sincerely doubt you are from a fishing forum, or whatever you claimed. OrangMane most likely.

this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

the *****ing things is nothing more than weak sauce from ignorant fans. You have to be willfully retarded to both ignore science and believe that a micro bit of air makes a difference in a football. Of course, I'd be willing to bet that- dealing with a Donkey fan like we are, this jerkoff probably still believes the Pats taped the Rams SB walkthrough.

Not sure what the "***********" thing is? But to respond to your statement, I have nothing to hide or lie about. I am not a member of the Orange Mane. I'm not a fan of being apart of a forum where 95% of the members say the same 95% of info. I enjoy mixing it up a bit as I have stated. And I'm not afraid to come in here and give my $.02. Which for obvious reason I guess are not agreed with. As for the fishing forum, it's a fishing forum that does have a fair amount of Football talk. Since it's a fishing forum, there is actually a fair amount of different view points and fans.. If you would like to look at it, it's coloradofisherman.com. You will need to join as you can not view the Off Topic section as a guest. There is a sports page where you will see football talk. In fact there is a Patriot fan or 2 there.

this^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

the *****ing things is nothing more than weak sauce from ignorant fans. You have to be willfully retarded to both ignore science and believe that a micro bit of air makes a difference in a football. Of course, I'd be willing to bet that- dealing with a Donkey fan like we are, this jerkoff probably still believes the Pats taped the Rams SB walkthrough.

Classy. Lol

What? You don't want to make fun of my mom? Lol

Save your breath idiot. I put you on ignore.

The thing is nobody, even your own fans, thinks any of it had anything to do with them winning 4 Super Bowls. They just say it because it's the closest they can do to invalidate it, which is the closest thing to pretending it never happened.

The thing is nobody, even your own fans, think any of it had anything to do with them winning 4 Super Bowls. They just say it because it's the closest they can do to invalidate it, which is the closest thing to pretending it never happened.

Jealousy is tough to deal with. In all aspects of life. Not just sports. Yep. I'm jealous that the Pats fans have so much to be happy about. Believe me. As a Bronco fan, I lived that through the Elway years. In fact, if you remember, the Broncos led by Elway went to 5 Super Bowls. Lost three of them. But year in and year out the Broncos were always in the hunt. Elway leaves, and so does the winning. Until Elway took over as GM and brought in Manning. With the one year with Jake Plummer. Being a fan of a mediocre team sucks. Right now, you all have it real good. I'm just saying enjoy it cause it wont last forever. Did the cheating have any real vale to the wins? Not likely. The main reason your team is a winning machine is because of Brady!

Jealousy is tough to deal with. In all aspects of life. Not just sports. Yep. I'm jealous that the Pats fans have so much to be happy about. Believe me. As a Bronco fan, I lived that through the Elway years. In fact, if you remember, the Broncos led by Elway went to 5 Super Bowls. Lost three of them. But year in and year out the Broncos were always in the hunt. Elway leaves, and so does the winning. Until Elway took over as GM and brought in Manning. With the one year with Jake Plummer. Being a fan of a mediocre team sucks. Right now, you all have it real good. I'm just saying enjoy it cause it wont last forever. Did the cheating have any real vale to the wins? Not likely. The main reason your team is a winning machine is because of Brady!

Brady, and to quote you, "Billacheat"

Get fvcked

Can you blame the guy? He didn't want to play for the Colts.
Tom Brady would have embraced anyone who drafted him. He was grateful to be drafted by the Patriots and at the time the Patriots was kind of dysfunctional. When John Elway in Manning bitched and pissed and moaned about their potential drafting spots show their true colors immediately. they are entitled f****** douchebag... that's what I think of them anyways..

Can you blame the guy? He didn't want to play for the Colts.
Tom Brady would have embraced anyone who drafted him. He was grateful to be drafted by the Patriots and at the time the Patriots was kind of dysfunctional. When John Elway and Manning bitched and pissed and moaned about their potential drafting spots it show their true colors immediately. they are entitled f****** douchebags... that's what I think of them anyways..

Have the Patriots ever lost a game they didn't intend to lose? these threads seem to come up after every loss...

Before you get worked up, I'll explain what I mean by "tank" a bit later. For now, please just consider this:

Postgame presser. Belichick starts out by complimenting his team for competing and fighting so hard. It was sincere, in my opinion.

During the game we all got understandably distracted by the shit refereeing and Gronk's injury and we focused largely on those things, because they were both big deals.

After thinking about it, that game reminds me of the Green Bay game last year. Both were road games against really good teams at approximately the same point in the season. In each the Pats entered the game virtually a playoff lock with home-field advantage still a goal and a closing stretch of games that were favorable. In both losses we broke long winning streaks of seven and nine games, respectively. Eddie Lacy played the C.J. Anderson role and we couldn't stop him, either.

My impression during that game against the Packers was that something was a bit off. It was a close game, but I felt like we were playing conservatively. Or something. There were some faint whispers that we were holding something back for a potential future meeting against a team that was a leading NFC Super Bowl candidate. Of course, that is crazy talk. Wild-ass speculation. But the Denver game made me wonder.

Now, if there is one lesson to be learned from 2007 is that 18-1 isn't nearly as great as it sounds if you lose the last one. I think the Coach felt like he owed it to his players to chase history, but perhaps that took a psychological toll that was a negative factor. That is strictly my guess, but whatever.

Point is, I don't think Bill wants any part of a 19-0 quest redux. No way.

When I use the word "tank" I mean that I think it is entirely possible that Bill Belichick thought it was more important to play this game using a vanilla game plan and save the good stuff for a potential playoff matchup with Denver regardless of whether we won or lost. Injuries would provide a perfect cover.

Why did we sit on the ball with a 7 point lead with more than two minutes to go and time outs in our pocket before halftime? I wondered. It made zero sense. If you're afraid to turn the ball over in THAT situation then when is it ok to not be afraid? You've still got to play the game. We ALWAYS sit on the ball before halftime, standard operating procedure, but not with THAT much time on the clock. You only get so many chances in a game and we clearly just pissed that one away and none of us can really know why.

I also wondered when our game plan seemed to be comprised of fruitless dives into the line and then long bombs. That is not what we do. Ever. I know we are way down on the depth chart at WR, but where were the slants? The trips? Screens? It didn't feel right regardless of the personnel. We dominated the first quarter and then.......it seemed like we just eased off the gas pedal.

I'm not saying Bill Belichick wanted to lose this game. I know he wants a potential homefield advantage that could hinge on a win, but I think it is entirely possible that he felt it was more important to hold something back and play it on the down low in this circumstance regardless of how it affected that home field. Let Denver think what they want but the next meeting would be entirely different, especially with the potential for a return of Jules and Amendola. In short, Denver shot their wad but we didn't.

As Bill noted, the Pats fought hard. I think that is what was really going on here. We're looking at a team that is decimated by injuries, faced the ugly loss of Gronk for the season, was the victim of multiple flags and non-flags and was (perhaps) holding something back scheme-wise and they STILL almost won that game. No wonder he was proud of them. There was your galvanizing team moment of 2015. In a loss. When they are on fumes in all three phases.

Belichick KNOWS his guys can beat Denver next time and so do they. The regular season is nice and all, but 2007 taught him to focus entirely on the end game at all times regardless of how that might conflict with conventional football wisdom.

I believe they did what you describe in the Washington game, not the Denver game. All vanilla, no need to show them too much of anything.

The Denver game plan was simplified due to personnel issues. But I believe there were also plenty of coaching miscues in this game (end of the 1st half, failing to attempt to establish any semblance of a running game before it was too late, throwing on 1st down/getting Gronk injured, etc.)

I feel that the W simply slipped through their grasp in Denver and that's all there is to it.

Tom Brady would have embraced anyone who drafted him. He was grateful to be drafted by the Patriots and at the time the Patriots was kind of dysfunctional. When John Elway and Manning bitched and pissed and moaned about their potential drafting spots it show their true colors immediately. they are entitled f****** douchebags... that's what I think of them anyways..

:coffee:

Back