Did the Patriots Get a Steal Drafting Mac Jones at #15 or Nah?

The answer will be told someday...but, my gut feels like yes. BB never had to burn extra picks for him. Smart and confident.

Seeing him play in the playoffs feels like he's going to be a great pick...he did have a lot of talent around him, but, he played against the top talent opposite of him too.
i get both sides of the argument. they both have merit. that said, there are lots of talented players who hit their stride fully only in the right situation. some skills transcend the argument, like his movement in the pocket with people around him. yes he had great wrs, but he was still hitting them in stride, they weren't constantly making circus catches. etc.

What I like about it is if Jones is successful, more than the other 4 QBs taken ahead of him then you kind of have the Brady 6. Not quite the same obviously because Brady was 6th round but Jones did go behind the other guys so I like that narrative a lot.

The thing about the Brady 6, is if anything the difference in this draft vs that one demonstrates the relative value increase of the QB position and teams obsession over it now vs then. In 1999, the 5th QB went off the board at pick 168. Now, they went off the board at 15.

Regardless we won't know if he's a steal for years, but if he is, the comparisons in terms of relative quarterback rankings are apt even if the round taken is wildly different.

having watched literally no college football last year and only reading snippets of the draft analysis I would say we did alright. I'm also super biased against running QB's so that could be coloring my opinion. By and large what I've read of him is
1. Strong Arm
2. Accurate
3. Good progressions
4. One national championship in a pro style offense

my feeling is that he's probably the safest of the five picks

If Jones is a steal should we thank the Jets for interference?
By trading up to 14, they could have blocked the Saints from getting Jones. Seems right that the Jets would make a move that benefits the Pats.

If Jones is a steal should we thank the Jets for interference?
By trading up to 14, they could have blocked the Saints from getting Jones. Seems right that the Jets would make a move that benefits the Pats.
Definitely. NO tried, as I understand it, but couldn'tmatch Jets offer. Thank you, J.E.S.T, Jest, Jest, Jest.

Back