Diego Maradona has died

Roberto71

Reaction score
I know it might not be a big deal here, but maybe the greatest ever soccer player, the great Argentinian Diego Maradona has died, Along with Pele, you're looking at the two best of all time.

He was only 60 and had a very bad drink and drug problem. He died of a heart attack at home.

This will be massive news around the world. He was a spectacular player to watch, I'll never forget the 1986 World Cup in Mexico. Maradona single-handedly carried Argentina to the World Cup win.

EnruoGBXIAAA3az

Last edited:
I played soccer to a very high level in my youth but never got into it much in the professional realm watching it on TV. However this cat and Pele were just just so incredible you couldn't ignore them.

Rest In Peace

More famous than "The Hand of God"?
Depends on who you ask. I'm actually not an England fan (long story). So many England fans ignore a) that Argentina were the better team for 80 minutes and b) that second goal was unbelievable.

I'd rate Maradona as the best ever for his amazing ability to waltz past defenders. He also played at a time when defending was a damn sight dirtier.

I know it might not be a big deal here, but maybe the greatest ever soccer player, the great Argentinian Diego Maradona has died, Along with Pele, you're looking at the two best of all time.

He was only 60 and had a very bad drink and drug problem. He died of a heart attack at home.

This will be massive news around the world. He was a spectacular player to watch, I'll never forget the 1986 World Cup in Mexico. Maradona single-handedly carried Argentina to the World Cup win.

EnruoGBXIAAA3az
It's a real tragedy that he couldn't shake his demons. RIP.

Back