Divisional Round - Chiefs at Patriots 1/16 4:35pm (CBS)

Hi guys. Chiefs fan here.

I don't believe the Chiefs have been truly tested. Brian Hoyer is horrible, and our offense really hasn't had to break a sweat since the Bills game around midseason. We barely beat the Browns and Chargers at Arrowhead because our offense is actually pretty bad, unless it's getting turnovers and short fields.

The Patriots will change all of this, especially if Maclin is out. I'm sure Belichick can shut down Kelce. Spells doom for Alex Smith, really, because he hasn't thrown for more than 190 or so yards in six weeks now.

The Chiefs are a decent team but don't really belong in the playoffs. The offense is a huge achilles heel that's only been hidden due to our awesome defense and the fact we've played so many crappy teams. If you don't turn the ball over, you will win easily.

Shit, even though we won 30-0, against the Texans the offense:

Had only 314 yards.

Had only 4 third down conversions.

Had only one passing third down conversion.

This is not a championship caliber offense and it's about to rear it's ugly head.

Patriots 27 Chiefs 13

Something I just learned at the mothership which is pretty amazing. This is the first playoff victory for the Chiefs in the history of Chiefsplanet.

They'd lost 8 playoff games in a row. I think their last win was when Joe Montana took them to the AFC Championship game against the Bills in '94 (I lived there then).

Welcome Clay!

The Chiefs dominated this Pats team last year and are playing very well. Should be a good game.

Sent from my Enigma Device

Good grief, if they were playing your Donkeys you'd be touting a completely different line of bs. The Pats remember that embarrassing loss in KC last year and will be ready for a little payback next Saturday night, bank on it.

You mean you had high expectations for that donkey fan? :coffee: I didn't think so, but I give you the "he's right you know" Morgan Freeman image. The "he is" means you here.

As a Patriots fan, I too, would be leery of an AFCE opponent in a playoff game knowing full well they know us as well as we know them. I just haven't seen enough of KC this year. I do know that I would be more concerned if the Pats had to travel to KC for this game. Thankfully, that isn't the case. I think the division opponents change people's perspectives, and this guy forgets that they're not in our division. I think that got lost in the shuffle somewhere

Welcome Clay!

The Chiefs dominated this Pats team last year and are playing very well. Should be a good game.

A large part of our domination of you was Houston, Hali, Charles and Arrowhead.

We are not at Arrowhead, and Houston and Hali are not close to 100%. Hali only played 15 snaps against the Texans.

Without Charles and Maclin I don't know that we have anyone the Patriots need to respect, sans Kelce.

This is a team that has been feasting on the poor sisters of the NFL for months now. When your best win all year is over the Bills, that's pretty sad. Even when we beat the Broncos, Manning was playing on one foot. Even when we beat the Steelers, we faced Landry Jones.

This team is in for a rude awakening now that they're actually facing a legit playoff team.

Hi guys. Chiefs fan here.

I don't believe the Chiefs have been truly tested. Brian Hoyer is horrible, and our offense really hasn't had to break a sweat since the Bills game around midseason. We barely beat the Browns and Chargers at Arrowhead because our offense is actually pretty bad, unless it's getting turnovers and short fields.

The Patriots will change all of this, especially if Maclin is out. I'm sure Belichick can shut down Kelce. Spells doom for Alex Smith, really, because he hasn't thrown for more than 190 or so yards in six weeks now.

The Chiefs are a decent team but don't really belong in the playoffs. The offense is a huge achilles heel that's only been hidden due to our awesome defense and the fact we've played so many crappy teams. If you don't turn the ball over, you will win easily.

Shit, even though we won 30-0, against the Texans the offense:

Had only 314 yards.

Had only 4 third down conversions.

Had only one passing third down conversion.

This is not a championship caliber offense and it's about to rear it's ugly head.

Patriots 27 Chiefs 13

Welcome Clay!

That's a great honest assessment post of your teams strengths and shortfalls.

If more opposing fans came and stuck to a similar effort this place would be far more enjoyable.

I'm thinking a score close to in line with yours. But we are just such a wildcard of injuries right now I truly don't know what to expect.

Beginning of the year? A wagon.

But there's questions with Brady, Edelman, the O line, Hightower, McCourty. If ever a team needed a bye it was us this weekend.

If we get back to close to full health this is a very real championship contender. If not? More of what we've seen vs Phillie, Jests, and Phish.

I just don't know.

I just read that thread on Chiefsplanet and according to majority of those fans, Pats don't stand a chance at Gillette. So much for smart football talk from that putrid fanbase.

I just read that thread on Chiefsplanet and according to majority of those fans, Pats don't stand a chance at Gillette. So much for smart football talk from that putrid fanbase.

What makes them putrid? :huh:
My experience with Chiefs fans is that they're typical of most other fan bases. We have very little interaction with them, but I'm assuming they're better than Pittsburgh or other AFC East fans.

Much of our fan base is drunk on this winning streak.

Now that we won a playoff game against Brian Hoyer and due to the fact we haven't won a playoff game in 22 years, fans are treating this like we just won the Super Bowl. It's a little pathetic.

I'm just not impressed by wins over bottom feeders and haven't been for years.

This is a barely above average team IMO. Winning two road games in a row is hard enough without it being the playoffs, and now we lost our #1 WR.

I bet you've never even heard of Albert Wilson and Chris Conley. Those are our starting WR now.

If you avoid turnovers, you beat the Chiefs. The offense cannot survive without turnovers.

Alex Smith is 3-41-1 when the opponent scores 24 or more points. If you think you can manage that at home, you're golden.

Plus there is something to be said for a fanbase that has such a loyal following that makes Arrowhead one of the most difficult places to play, despie their last playoff win coming in 1994.

Like every message board, there are good fans and yahoos.

Much of our fan base is drunk on this winning streak.

Now that we won a playoff game against Brian Hoyer and due to the fact we haven't won a playoff game in 22 years, fans are treating this like we just won the Super Bowl. It's a little pathetic.

I'm just not impressed by wins over bottom feeders and haven't been for years.

This is a barely above average team IMO. Winning two road games in a row is hard enough without it being the playoffs, and now we lost our #1 WR.

I bet you've never even heard of Albert Wilson and Chris Conley. Those are our starting WR now.

If you avoid turnovers, you beat the Chiefs. The offense cannot survive without turnovers.

Alex Smith is 3-41-1 when the opponent scores 24 or more points. If you think you can manage that at home, you're golden.

Actually, we have a resident draft WR guru here in chev who had Conley on the radar as a possible Pats pick so yes.

It was fun to see yet another possible Pats pick have a good game.

Hello guys. Chiefsplanet member here.

The fanbase is pumped, and some are boastful, but understand that we know exactly who are team is playing, and there is a great respect.

Anyway, the comments mentioned a couple posts in are purely jokes made through sarcasm, which is a staple of Chiefsplanet.

Please come over and chat, but with any fanbase their are going to be colossal douchebags that will try to run you off. Ignore them, and your payoff will be more than worth it since the board is LOADED with guys that know football.

Anyway, good luck, and if you have questions about the Chiefs, let em' rip.

P.S. Clay is the ultimate Smith-hater, which is properly founded in some areas. He managed to get blackballed on a forum that will let you get away with murder. He is awesome at gifs and other media, but tread with caution.

Yes I have been ostracized for refusing to drink the kool-aid.

It's a little embarrassing how the homer clique on Chiefsplanet has basically taken over the place. If you don't like what the Chiefs are doing you are public enemy No. 1.

They will be singing a different tune Saturday night after Alex has failed miserably and the offense is exposed.

Chiefs strengths : Outstanding D-Line with tremendous depth, Fantastic Linebackers, decent corners, and decent safety play. TE's are very good, but make the stupidest bone-head plays every once in a while. Defense can score points in a hurry if you turn over the ball.

Chiefs weaknesses: Special teams returns are either great or horrific, secondary can be beat deep, offensive run game has taken a slight slide and is boosted by Smith's scrambling. WR's have a lot to prove with Maclin out. Smith doesn't have a problem taking shots deep any more, but he has a problem completing them.

There is a lot more, but pretty much the basics. I am sure some of my fellow fans will disagree.

Welcome Notorious.

Yeah I noticed there was a thread over there about Clay's posts in this thread, but it looks like it got deleted. ROFL

Yes I have been ostracized for refusing to drink the kool-aid.

It's a little embarrassing how the homer clique on Chiefsplanet has basically taken over the place. If you don't like what the Chiefs are doing you are public enemy No. 1.

They will be singing a different tune Saturday night after Alex has failed miserably and the offense is exposed.

You went way beyond "refusing to drink the kool-aid"

Plenty of guys agree with you, even myself to an extent, but we didn't try to take over every thread and even express happiness when Houston got injured.

You went way beyond "refusing to drink the kool-aid"

Plenty of guys agree with you, even myself to an extent, but we didn't try to take over every thread and even express happiness when Houston got injured.

Gross exaggeration, as usual.

We're sitting here talking football though and you have to make it about me.

Please leave CP BS on CP.

Back